April 16, 2014 | 979 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Color Extend Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ViolinistRita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This shampoo keeps & prolongs my highlights for a much longer period than the Pantane ones. Although it is expensive, one bottle lasts me a long time because I only use a very small drop.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2014 9:45:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I got a bottle of this shampoo in a set along with the matching conditioner and a shine spray. This is an average shampoo, it gets my hair clean and doesn't leave any residue.
My hair is very fine, thin on top but gets greasy easily. It is highlighted and then has a toner added which tends to fade very fast.

I have noticed that my scalp does get a little itchy and bumpy when I have used this, and I have noticed an increase in flakiness. I did see that another reviewer below also had a bumpy scalp after using, so perhaps it is an ingredient in the shampoo causing an allergic reaction.

It smells pleasant, lathers well, but I haven't noticed that my color has lasted any longer than normal. My hair isn't really any different after using this (some shampoos have made my hair shinier, bouncier and a whole lot more healthy looking, without the addition of styling products) but this one hasn't really done anything beneficial at all. I wouldn't repurchase this, it is too expensive for such a basic shampoo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great shampoo. Cleans my hair nicely, I guess I will see over time if it helps with extending the life of my color. No residue at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by BillyeT

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Redken Amino-Pon was always a staple at my house too. I colored my hair on a regular basis. I wanted my curly hair straight so I tortured it with a blow dryer and straightened it with hot tools but Amino-Pon always seemed to rescue my tortured locks. Color Extend appeared and Amino-Pon disappeared. CE shampoo was just okay so I started using more CE conditioner thinking my hair had changed. Time passes. My stylist recommends I free my tortured locks and let them go au naturale...curly. She recommends a sulfate free shampoo and conditioner (not a Redken brand). Works well. After a short while hair has more volume, shine and the curls are more defined, bouncy and nooo frizzzz. Color doesn't fade either. All is well. Love my hair and my hair loves me. Big sale on Redken Color Extend. It has to be good...stops color fade sooo good for the tresses, right? Shampooed with CE and applied CE conditioner. Hair seems flat and is that frizzzz I see? I must need more CE shampoo and conditioner to rescue my sad looking locks like Amino-Pon did. Curls droop, frizzzz is back, birds try to nest in my hair... but the color doesn't fade. Back to sulfate free shampoo. I hear my hair sigh in relief. I sigh in relief. My stylist lets me come in the front door now. I'm not saying CE is bad. Redken is a good product but before you buy the giant economy size (yes..I did that) try it first. All hair is different and it might work very well for you. I dream that someday companies will offer products that are really good for you and your hair. Products that don't require intensive treatments to undo the damage the shampoo has done. I'm such a dreamer! Sigh.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/1/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

While this is great at extending the life of my colour, I am allergic to something in this shampoo!! I have bumps and flakes all over my scalp, which has never happened to me before with a shampoo....buyer beware!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 6:10:00 PM More reviews by KCLADYZ

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this shampoo. best of the redken line. Shampoo is super conditioning in itself. the combo makes my hair super soft and thicker and smells awesome.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by loveoutdoors

I have to say first off I thought I'd skip reviewing this shampoo but then thought better of it. I am or maybe I should say was, a huge Redken fan. My Mom was a stylist back in the day and Amino Pon was always the only shampoo in our house. I loved it, it didn't matter what I did to my hair (think blonde streaks attained with peroxide) it always looked and felt very healthy. We didn't even use conditioner at every wash, probably once a week tops and everyone in our family had beautiful hair. Okay, so you know how I feel, or felt, about Redken. So Ulta was having a nice sale and I picked up the 33.8 fl oz color extend shampoo thinking all was good in the world, I also purchased All Soft Heavy Cream Conditioner and Diamond Oil in small tubes to try them out. After about three weeks of use I noticed the ends of my hair looked ragged and it just felt kinda brittle. Well okay, thinking maybe I was due for a trim I scheduled an appointment and asked my stylist what she thought about my hair. Usually she tells me it's shiney, healthy, overall great shape, her comment was, it feels like you have a lot of build up. Overall the shampoo does keep hair color looking nice longer and my hair is shiney but the feel of it is now brittle and even after trimming the ends I'm just not happy. I don't have a problem with silicones but I wonder if this product has so much of them that the product can't really keep hair in overall good shape, it's a mystery but I won't re-purchase and wouldn't recommend this shampoo. I hope Redken can step up and put out better products, I know they are capable as I stated above.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by Pariscotita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because of my dyed hair.. It really extend the colour on my hair, but also it gave me dandruff.
My roots are very oily and my hair looks so dirty.. Sometimes my scalp is even itchy because of this.. I hate it..
BTW, It is such an expensive shampoo!

I would never buy this shampoo again...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by thyme2sow

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love Redken products, it seems that my hair responds well to them. I have used Redken Fresh Curls (my HG now discontinued), Curvaceous (too heavy), Body Full (too drying), All Soft (worked well), Time Reset (left my hair tangled) Cleansing Cream (LOVE and use this 1X per week) shampoos and my hair prefers the Color Extend. This shampoo foams and cleans well without being harsh. It leaves my hair healthy and shining without being weighted down. I use it sometimes every day and sometimes every other day along with the Redken Color Extend Conditioner. I also use Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion to blowdry my hair and finish with Redken Tousle Whip 04 Cream-Wax. I always purchase this from Ulta during their liter sale. For reference I have naturally wavy hair that is NOT color treated since I have an allergy to hair dye (bummer, I know). My hair is between chin and shoulder length, cut in an inverted bob with a few layers. The only thing that I hate about Redken is that they seem to change their formulas often.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 9:16:00 AM More reviews by sherrier

It seems most people don't like this shampoo but I really like it. I got a free sample about a month ago and liked it so well that I bought a regular size. I have dry, course hair that is colored. This shampoo extends the color and leaves my hair easy to manage and shiny without weighing it down. The packaging is good just like all other Redken products. It has a light scent that is better than most shampoos I have used. I will repurchase.