October 25, 2014 | 1107 users online

Shampoo - John Frieda - Radiant Red Anti-Fade Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just dyed my light brown hair a medium auburn and bought this shampoo to help avoid fading. So far my color seems to be doing pretty well. I know that I'm going to experience some fading regardless of what shampoo I use, but I feel like every bit helps. And this shampoo seems to be moisturizing. It's also very affordable.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2013 10:23:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

John Frieda radiant red shampoo and conditioner - Those are seriously not for me! They made my hair oily, they weighted my hair down so much, the smell was off and it did nothing to keep my hairs from fading. I'll never repurchase, thank you. I'm so glad it's almost done so I can throw it out and pretend it's done, even if it's not. Hated it!

On the other hand, the packaging is cute and hold well in a bathroom, and the price was realy nice; 4.99$ in clearance BUT it's not worth it in my opinion.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:56:00 AM More reviews by ihoardmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I think what people don't realize is that red is going to bleed anyways! After having used various red shampoos (non color depositing ones) I'd have to say this is a favorite. Note: I wash my hair in cold water. I also do a touch up once a week. This prevents a ton of fading. My hair is pretty bright, not firetruck red but slightly brighter than like dark cherry or cherry coke colors. It fades pretty fast, and I use the Manic Panic Infra Red dye mixed with some conditioner to do a touch up at least once every 10 days. I was my hair every other day, or every three days. This really gets the hair clean without making all of the dye come out! It of course does fade, but thats to be expected. Red is not going to stay in your hair like a brown or blonde obviously. I do quite like this. I will continue to use. (For as long as I have my red hair.)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

Overpriced. Packaging is deceiving. The red colored shampoo is deceiving. My hair still bled hair dye, did not make it last any longer or added any colour. It strips hair just like a regular shampoo would. This is very dissapointing... Not worth the money...

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by chicnonchalance

Well, I used it for the first time today, after dyeing my hair yesterday with John Frieda Precision foam in Deep cherry brown. My first impression was that:

Packaging: Superb. Very chic and space saving. Because of the inverted spout thingy, you'll be sure to get the most out of your product.

Feel: Lathers beautifully. I have lots of hair. LOTS. A tiny amount managed to lather my entire head. Rinses nice, without the scary squeaky feel that some shampoos give because of residual product.

Smell: I LOVE it. It's different than other shampoos that give you that industrial dryer sheet smell.This smells almost like... herbal? But still nice. A fresh, woodsy, herbal, fruity kind of smell.

So far, I am having a positive feel with this product.

I have a question though guys, if you could please help me. The conditioner that comes with the John Frieda precision foam dyes, do they sell it in full size? It is frankly MAGICAL. It made my wavy Asian hair so SOFT and bouncy! PLease do tell me if you know something about it. Love you gals!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:03:00 AM More reviews by quickbrownfox

It helps on the fading away issue but it doesn't completely keep your color from fading away at the end. However, I like this shampoo because it makes my hair very shiny and healthy looking. Red is a really difficult color to take care of and if you have damaged hair it shows right away; so you also need a shampoo that will take care of your hair decently. I've been using this for 2 weeks now; I can say that it's easier to comb, it doesn't tangle as much and my split ends are not visible- which is quite amazing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 12:10:00 AM More reviews by ximachikenx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I recently dyed my hair red and purchased this shampoo because I couldn't find the Red Expressions by Pantene, which I originally wanted to try. I guess I should've known this wouldn't work all that great since it isn't color depositing. It didn't seem to work any better than an ordinary shampoo at keeping the red in my hair. Didn't experience any more dryness than usual like other reviewers said. It did make my hair smell very good but because it didn't do a good job at preserving my hair color I ended up returning it. Would not repurchase but I guess it would be a good product to use if you're a natural redhead.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i know there has been several different 'radiant red' shampoos and conditioners, some have been discontinued, but they are all pretty much the same concept in a slightly different bottle. i tried it a few years ago and must have thought it wasn't worth spending an extra few bucks a bottle and returned to some cheaper brand such as herbal essences. however, i've been dying my hair red for such a long time now and it seems like i have to dye it more and more often, so anything that helps a little is much appreciated. i've only used this 'new and improved' formula twice, but i'm already in love with it. the smell is exactly the same as the product they had out years ago. the smell brought back so many memories (crazy how smells can do that, huh?). my hair was so shiny and manageable with little extra product. i give this an a+. if it doesn't seem to help my color, i will be back to edit. but until then, i def. recommend this line!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/28/2011 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Penlatysan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have naturally light red auburn hair (think Isla Fisher) that I dye a bright, intense coppery red shed (think Florence Welch). I have tried lots and lots of things to make the intensity of the red stay longer than a couple weeks with varying success. I wash it in cold water, only wash it every other day, and put UV protectant spray on it. I tried this stuff to see if it would help, and I have very mixed feelings about it. It is insanely drying, and my hair felt like straw after using it, even though I used conditioner as well. I really didn't notice any changes in my hair color. The only thing I noticed was that for the first couple of weeks after I dye my hair, when I rinse the shampoo out the water typically runs out a little orangey, like minute amounts of dye are coming out, which didn't happen with this shampoo. Whether or not that means the color is staying in better, I don't know. But because of how gross it made my hair feel, I think I'm gonna pass on using this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2010 8:07:00 AM More reviews by Chadsx3Princess

I tried the John Frieda Radiant Red when I dyed my hair a reddish brown color that was really pretty but wanted the red to stand out a bit more and went to the drug store and was looking at hair products and ran across this one saying that it preserves and magnifies a vibrant red color and that it would work on color treated hair and I asked the lady at the hair section that worked there and she said it would work and I was so excited to wait and try this product for when I washed my hair the next two days and so when it came time for my washing the lathering was awesome and it made my hair feel very nice along with the conditioner made my hair very soft but the only problem was that it actually stripped my hair from the color from all the sulfate they put in the product. The solan explained to me why this product was no good and told me it seems to work is bc of all the sulfate they put in it to act as an effect of it working but it really isn't doing you hair any good and that is what i bought it for and It ended up just stripping my color and making it fade back to my dirty blonde hair soo therfore i would deff. not buy it again or even try any of the rest of John Frieda's products. But on the flip side the packaging was awesome . it smelled awesome and for a chepo shampoo it was alright (( I have had worst (; )) lol.