November 29, 2014 | 977 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by Ctimbrooks

I use the shimmer brick in bronze and I LOVE it. It adds the perfect bronze shine to the apples of my cheeks and nose, doesn't look shiny or fake. I have very pink undertones, so I generally avoid blush and use a bronzer instead. This product is perfect, not muddy or brown, but very natural and glowy. Gorgeous product. Very expensive, but I've had the same compact for months and I use it every single day. Lasts a long time because the pigment is so strong. Great quality and will continue to buy.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2014 7:41:00 AM More reviews by CoralElectra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Yes, yes, I know that and you know that, so why bother? Right? Well, just to tell all those who still hesitate to go and get it! First time, the saler assistant applied it on my face, all I could say was 'wow' and 'I take it'! :-D I have the one in rose but may buy another colour a bit later. Love BB makeup!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the Shimmer Brick, I have it in Bronze and it's absolutly one of the most iconic and beautiful highlighters of all time. You can also create a gorgeous bronzed eye look with this, it stays put for a good while without creasing. You can mix all five colors together for a bronzed glow or use them seperate.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by bethvickers

I own this product in the shade Bronze. I've given it 3/5 because of the price (£32 at most retailers) but I was so pleased with it that for a one-off investment it's worth it! You don't need much of the shimmer brick, just swirl it onto a big powder brush about three times and using light strokes, highlight your cheekbones, nose and wherever else you want a bit of shimmer. The five different shades in the palette can be used as eyeshadows as well, which makes it good value for money despite being expensive. I use the whitest one as a brow highlight and in the inner corners of the eye. You could do a really bronze smokey eye with this palette as well, if you have a matte brown eyeshadow to hand as well.

Overall, the product creates a beautiful highlighted effect that really finishes off a look. I would definitely buy it again, I'm not sure which colours but this is a good one to start with if you're unsure of which of the many shades to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually own a couple of these bricks: Pink Quartz, Bronze, Beige, Nectar, Wild Rose, and Pink Oyster. I like the pink quartz and pink oyster the most because I feel that they settle less into my pores. Perhaps it has to do with the release dates? I know that beige has been discontinued and this one settles the most into my pores and make them very very obvious. They are pretty good value for your money but store/travel with them properly. KEEP THE SPONGE INSERT! I've traveled with mine quiet a bit and they've not broken. I also use these as eyeshadows too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-fool proof
-light shimmer, rather than heavy glitter
-natural looking shades
-stays put

Cons:
-not a lot of color. if you're looking for a blush type product this might not be it unless you plan to layer it heavily.

Pretty great product if you keep in mind what it's intended for. Sure, people gripe about there not being enough color, but this is a shimmer brick meant to give you shimmer and a slight glow...it's not a blush.

If you're looking for a blush with heavily pigmented color you will sorely be disappointed. Otherwise, it's definitely a product worth investigating!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It took me a long time to decide if I want to buy the shimmering brick or not... I saw my friend going to Bobbi Brown counter to try it out, and looked up the reviews for this product and the reviews showed two extremes, looks like you would either love it or hate it...

Anyways, I tried it, and I loved it. It's not over the top shimmery, and if I run the brush pink side first, it actually gives me a rosy glow. I don't know why people complain about it making their pores look worse, you aren't meant to put blush/bronzer near where large pores nearly always are (T-zone, triangular area under the eyes) anyway!? It is build-able, so feel free to stack on as many layers as you like, as long as you don't overdo it, still look like natural glow.

Love Bobbi Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Ezxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are very pretty, I have one in the colour Beige. They are very shimmery as the name implies, so if you don't like that this isn't for you. I find the finish of it very pretty, I dust this on very lightly and it gives me that great sheen :) You get a great amount of product, and my compact isn't running out anytime soon because you don't need alot of product to achieve that sheen/glowy look, I also personally think that if you apply more it will start to look veeery shimmery (duh xD) It's expensive, but it's a lovely product and it wil last you a long time. You can also use the individual strips as eyeshadows :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this in Bronze. Just not impressed. Out it away and then try again, I'm just indifferent. Def not worth the money

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by caztheblonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love highlighters in general, so when a friend was wearing this one night and I had to ask what was making her skin glow so beautifully, I was keen to try it myself. She wore the Pink (which is now discontinued) so since we are heading towards summer I bought the Nectar. I'm so glad I did - it's gorgeous. Very subtle colour and sheen - if you use a small amount it is only noticeable under light/sunlight, but you can build it, and the different colour bands mean you can use it as a blusher and highlighter and build different colours on different areas of your face. I use a large brush and swirl it over my whole face, then use a smaller brush to give a highlighted blush effect to my cheekbones. A little dab on the inner corner of the eye and the top of the lids and you've got a warm sunkissed summer look. Lovely.