Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 4/24/2015 9:58:00 PM

I discovered this product randomly through a youtube video - otherwise I may have never purchased it. When I walked up to the physicians formula display I got sucked into the packaging of another luminous anti-aging powder but got it home and was unimpressed by the coverage and gold sparkles. So I marched my butt back to the store and exchanged it for what I originally wanted. This basic powder which had so many promises in which i did not know if it would deliver. Well it delivered. I wanted a full coverage powder and didn't want to pay much. The powder translucent matched perfectly for my fair skin (nw20). It has a lot more coverage I believe than any of there other powders. I purchased a thin powder puff to place inside under the mirror compartment - added bonus. When applied with the powder puff It gives great coverage. It is slightly "dusty" when applied but it quickly settles Also after about a half hour I didn't look as powdery as she first applied - just natural and it wears very well. I will definitely repurchase.

This powder was more coverage then i was expecting, and not in a bad way. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because too much product comes off when using it. Like powder everywhere!! Very messy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this pressed powder. I have it in "translucent", but it definitely has some color to it, especially if you apply it with a kabuki brush like I do. However, it works for my NC25 skin. I love how natural it looks. It keeps my skin matte way longer than most powders. It also feels light and gentle on my skin. My pores seem to not clog as easily when I use this. It also doesn't oxidize. The only thing I really don't like about it is how much powder gets kicked up when you run a brush across it. Overall, I plan on hoarding a bunch of these. The only thing I've found that I like better is Too Faced Amazing Face powder foundation, but it's way more expensive.

on 2/11/2015 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This made my face itch like crazy. The coverage was good before I had to wash it off.

on 1/24/2015 12:13:00 PM

I bought this in the shade "Translucent." It's not translucent at all; in fact, it's quite pigmented. I wouldn't mind this, since a nicely pigmented pressed powder would be a very useful thing. However, herein lies the problem. "Translucent" should be, if not entirely translucent, at least a very light color, right? Wrong! At least according to Physician's Formula.

I'm very pale and even when applied with a very light hand, this turned me oompa loompa orange. I used a semi-fluffy powder brush and picked up the powder using a dabbing (not sweeping) motion, and lightly swept it across my face. Orange. So I tried "buffing" it into my skin, hoping the orange would tone down with some blending. Nope. Just well-blended orange now.

Why -- for goodness sake, why -- would you make an ORANGE powder and label it "Translucent"? If you aren't going to make an appropriately pale shade, then just abandon that pretense and start your color range off with "Warm Beige" as your lightest shade or something. Good grief.

That being said, I gave it a "2" because the powder does have a lovely texture. Smooth, finely milled, matte but not chalky, and easy to apply. The compact is a bit bulky (due mostly to the inclusion of a not-especially-useful brush) but decent quality. If you can find a color match, I would still recommend giving the powder a shot. I can't speak to breakouts, irritation, etc. as I didn't have it on my face long enough to test those. Just be aware that you'll probably want to buy a shade or two lighter than you normally would.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After looking at it for weeks, I finally bought a Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in the shade 2238 Soft Green. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd like this because I have dark (NW40 for reference) skin & thought it might literally look green on my face. I specially wanted to try this pressed powder because I actually do have extra sensitive & breakout-prone skin; when I saw that this reduces irritation & breakouts, I had to try it.

I don't know what was up with the particular package I bought, but it didn't have the brush inside the compact—"includes built-in mirror & brush." It wasn't the end of the world because I don't mind using my own kabuki brush. The powder did cut the shine from my face like any other powder, but not much else. Most of us know that "green" means corrector… this doesn't do much on its own but eliminate shine & offer a little bit of coverage. I loved how it took the oil off my face without totally drying it out… The powder is green-&-white marble in color & comes off a little white on the skin, & looks translucent after it's blended out. Regardless of your skin tone, I recommend a light hand when applying.

I mostly wear this powder alone, but I do sometimes use it to set/finish liquid makeup. This is a great everyday powder if you have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It costs $14 from Physician's Formula, but it's $5 if you buy it from Ulta.

on 1/4/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG foundation powder. I have used this for years and I always end up coming back to it. It offers medium-full coverage and it never irritates my skin or clogs pores. I am very fair/porcelain in skin color (nc10) and I always buy translucent light and it matches just great! I use a brush to apply for sheer coverage or a puff to apply for full coverage.

As usual the included brush is useless and I always throw them out. The packaging is rather bulky and it breaks easily if dropped onto hard surfaces.

One compact probably lasts me around 7-9 months of daily use so it lasts quite a while!

Pros
-medium to full coverage
-evens skin tone
-doesnt cause acne/clog pores
-doesnt cake
-no perfumes/fragrance
-lasts

Cons
-bulky packaging
-included brush is useless
-range of shades is lacking

This is an awesome powder to keep on hand!

This foundation is THE BEST!!!!!! !!!! Completely shocked and floored that I like this! If you are like me you will shell out cash for a foundation that works.......a lot of them make.me look worse and break my skin out! I was looking at pictures last week and noticed a lot of the make up I have been wearing looks like a mask and settled into my skin. Also, I look shiny within an hour of applying it and I don't have young oily skin! I have a bit of redness, large pores that get clogged u up and some uneven pigmentation. I want something fast and that would not irratate my.skin. I wanted to look like.me.buy fresher. This makeup did this! I seriously can't believe how.much better I look with this on. I have the middle shade. I had a lot of.pictures taken tonight.and my.skin looked nice in all of them. No shiny greasy or.dried out look. I'm going to buy.a bunch of backups. This might be the one you are looking for if you can't find a foundation.

on 12/25/2014 5:00:00 AM

This product satisfies all my criteria in pressed powders and is very multipurpose! My skin is fair, dry/combination and clog-prone. There are several ways I use this face powder (translucent in winter, creamy natural in summer):
- Lightly buffed over concealer to set (light coverage days)
- Lightly buffed in as a base for Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation (increases longevity/oil control) (medium coverage, 5-7 hours)
- Lightly dusted over BB cream or foundation to set (medium coverage, 10+ hours)

I use this with the Real Techniques powder brush and it applies evenly. Powder is finely milled, a little goes a long way! No need to cake this up for oil control, in fact, applying too much will make you look cakey. This is the only powder I've used that doesn't clog my pores or break me out (not that I've used that many but I've tried highly reviewed products from MAC, Australis and other Physician's Formula)! Considering the good price and high performance of this product, I don't need to hunt for other powders. Packaging could be a bit nicer but otherwise, this is HG!

on 12/14/2014 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I like this a lot, really light and easy to wear, and does a nice job of evening out my skin tone without being too thick or chalky. Doesn't make my skin break out or irritated at all.