In dabbling with mineral powders lately (Mac MSFN & bare mins), I came across this product somewhere online and since they had it at my rite aid, I jumped on it. I heard it out performs them all - even its $$$ counterparts! Well I have to wholeheartedly agree!! When I put this on (I used a puff since I was using it as a foundation and wanted more coverage), ok, all good, stepped back... Then when I went to look closer something looked odd. I figured it out - this powder/foundation what have you makes my pores DIS. A. PEAR!!! I didn't buy it for that, it's not advertised as such... But it really truly does! Where if I want bare mins to cover my pores I have to buff in so hard (or else it MAGNIFIES them), and having tried all the pore minimizers out there, this lasts all day and actually makes my skin look like porcelain! Sooo pleasantly surprised at that. I strongly suggest trying this for oily skin/large pores. I used murad oil control mattifier under this, and glam glow hydrating mask on my dry patches. I am nw/nc 20/warm beige in bobbi brown, and creamy natural was perfect. I've sweated in this, wore all day... With nary a touch up. But the beauty part is u can touch up since it's a powder! Oh I've also tried Jane I.'s pressed mineral and it was like the BM: magnified pores unless I buffed in very hard. I also plan to try this as a setting powder over a TM or my bobbi skin stick foundation.
This has become my new everyday foundation and I'm so happy with it. I used to use MAC MSF natural in medium as a powder foundation. Everyday, I would put concealer on the areas I need and then just dust it all over my face. But I would need to replace it every 2 months or so and became quite pricey overtime. I have tried other drugstore brands and even tried the other mineral wear powder but they all had something about them that I didn't like. They were either not finely milled enough or the other mineral wear powder I got (airbrushed) was just too shiny and didn't give me the same look as the MAC. I remember trying this powder out in the loose form years ago and didn't like it because I was using it to set my foundation back then and felt like it was too cakey/heavy. But this time around, applying it the way I do the MSF, floored me! It was almost exactly the same. I can't pinpoint the actual difference it is so similar but I do notice I don't need to swirl my brush in it as much as the MSF to get enough product on my face, since this actually can look like too much If I go in more than once with my brush on each half of my face. I use the colour creamy natural and it matches me perfectly. Really happy I found this! I pick it up whenever I see it on sale :)
HG!! I used to shell out $30 every month or so for BareMinerals but then I realized it was not worth it and all the oils were breaking me out. This stuff costs less than half what bareMinerals does, has amazing coverage, has sunscreen, and absorbs shine. Best of all, it doesn't break me out!
I'm on my second one of these. I love it. After reading multiple makeup blogs and such, this one was compared to BeneFit's pressed powders more than once. I love BeneFit products, but for something that I go through as quick as powder I don't like the price of BeneFit, so I thought I would try this out. Its awesome. I think that if you are looking for coverage, but not the weight of a foundation, this is for you. I think it has amazing coverage for a powder. It also has SPF, and I'm a freak about skin protecting. I still use a sunscreen solution underneath this, but if for some reason I forget to put it on I feel better knowing that I have at least some SPF on with this. This is a fabulous product, not just out of the drugstore products, its just a great one all around. I've used some of the more expensive brands, and this one is just as good if not better (It's also good for skin, and without a whole lot of chemicals!). I try to keep my makeup routine as natural and with as few ingredients as I possibly can, especially when it comes to the products that are the first layers on my skin, or the ones that end up staying on the longest. I feel good about putting makeup on my skin when it's this, and I don't feel an intense relief when it goes down the drain because I was so happy to get it off my skin because it felt like I just had chemicals sitting on top of it. Amazing product all around. If you're the least bit interested in it, you should try it!!
I didn't like this powder mainly because it broke me out :(
- keeps face matte for hours
- comes with a mirror
- very finely milled
- comes with a brush (which isn't excellent, so I recommend using your own)
- broke me out (contains titanium dioxide)
- packaging seems flimsy
- not too many shades (4 I believe)
I still use this to just mattify my nose, but overall would not repurchase.
This powder gives good coverage. Too bad the color does not match my skin tone at all. Color selecion was limited. i hate the packaging. there is no way to use the mirror provided. why would anyone think it is a good idea to put the mirror underneath the powder? The powder is really loose for a pressed powder. it is very easy to put on too much. The absolute worst part is this powder gives me pimples. it clogs my pores and make them super visible.
Ok. I have a few comments about this powder, if you're interested (which I'm guessing you are if you are browsing this site. heh)
This is not at all the worst powder I have ever used. I have a few pros I will elaborate on in a second but unfortunately, there are also cons. And for me, the negatives outweigh the positives I'm afraid to say.
I'll start with the pros:
1) I really liked the colour match. I bought it in Translucent Light (since I have very pale skin) and found that the undertones to the powder were yellow instead of the traditional pink. That made me quite happy because I do lean more toward yellow toned skin over pink. Anyway, it was one of the best for colour indeed.
2) It seemed to admirably control shine. Not the BEST, imo, but I would say that it did hold up well considering.
3) It really goes on very silky. It has a lovely smooth texture that certainly evens out your skin tone at the same time. I did like the initial pocelain look it produced.
Here come the cons…
1) First and foremost, and unfortunately for me the deciding factor in my decision never to repurchase: it does not blend into your skin enough. Meaning that hours after you apply, and you happen to come across a mirror, you CAN see that you are wearing makeup. Urg. I'm sorry to say but that does not work for me. I have tried other brands that are just not as obvious as this one. Perhaps if you were always situated in appropriate lighting, it would not matter but most of us can't control that part of our day lol. Anyway, I really dislike knowing that it is glaringly obvious you're wearing a setting powder. There are other powders that provide the same positives that don't make you cringe at that thought.
2) My second con (which I suppose could actually be seen as a pro - but not for me xD) is that it is VERY difficult to remove. I use a scrub at the end of the day and it takes me 3 washes to remove this powder. I mean, yes, I use a mosturizer before application but never before have I had to wash 3 times, it was that stubborn.
I mentioned it could be seen as a positive and that is because it means that once applied - it's NOT budging for the day! Some people may find that beneficial. But in my opinion, this takes that idea a bit too far and I can't help but wonder - if it is that hard to remove, it MUST be clogging pores as well, right?
Overall, I can't say it's terrible because it's not. But it's also not something I would recommend for my reasons above. Won't be repurchasing.
Alright, alright I'm done talking about this now. If you read it all, you're a star. :P
I love this face powder. The only powder that i am using without breaking out. Mine is in buff beige. The shade is so natural on me.
I have this powder in Matt beige and I like it very much.It gives light matte finish without looking cakey and doesnt oxidize.The only thing I dont like is the crappy packaging.
I do love this product! It's great over foundation for extra coverage without looking cakey, or on its own! Although it makes your face feel stiff and chalky on its own, and this is coming from a girl with oily skin! Nevertheless it still looks great. It doesn't seem to cling to dry patches, or cause acne, and also keeps the oil at bay for a good while! It also makes for a nice natural looking bronzer if you get a shade darker.
My only complaints is that it doesn't seem to come with that much product. It's also pricy, and the shade selection isn't that good - the lightest shade is too dark for me - although it it's so terribly noticeable that I can't get by.