August 20, 2014 | 1893 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eyeliner Gel Macroviolet

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 2:45:00 PM More reviews by grak

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I don't even bother trying to use this as an eyeliner anymore. I bought this years ago, at the advice of the MAC MA who said the color would be gorgeous on me. Well, I tried it on it's own as eyeliner - not pigmented enough. Kept trying to use it when doing a purple eye - putting it over my Bobbi Brown Caviar Ink to give it some strength. What a pain - to have to do 2 lines! Forget it! So it sat unused for a while. But....I decided to use it as a cream eyeshadow instead. It makes for a strongly pigmented eyeshadow that has a hint of gold-ish shimmer to give it some depth. It's hard for me to get it on "light", so I only use it when going for a bold purple. I do think it is a good purple color, so I'm giving it some lippies for that. But as an eyeliner - fail.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by HKaren

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Great liner! I'm on my second tub. I use it as an eyeshadow. It compliments my hazel eyes beautifully. With a nude lip, it's a great look. Only complaint is that you have to build a few layers to get a nice even look. Since it takes about a minute to dry, it is kind of time consuming to get the right look. It does stay all day, though, and removes easily so I'll keep buying it. I have noticed that the first tub I had didn't require so many layers. I guess it's more liquidy? I have the brown and purple as well and like them equally.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2013 10:20:00 PM More reviews by bailokaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not pigmented enough, need to do several layers which is a pain in the butt. Also smudgy, expensive, you can get better quality gel liners for cheaper (try essence, wet n wild, loreal hip).

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2013 9:59:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I like my blacktrack fluidline a lot but I'm not too fond of this. This is drier than blacktrack and less pigmented. I had to layer this on to get the colour to show and the colour is nothing like what is in the pot. I prefer my urban decay 24/7 pencil rock star over this. Will not be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AdorkableNargle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this gel liner in Blitz & Glitz along with Macroviolet and it's the prettiest shade of purple. I have brown eyes so there's a lot I like to do with it when I need a pop of color. The best part is that it lasts long!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by stls

I t could have been such a great eyeliner if it was more pigmented! Nice and creamy, applies with ease and stays all day. But it takes some effort to pack the color.
Another use of microviolet that I'm even more pleased with is as a base all over the lid for mauve/ plummy smokey eyes. Especially combined with satin taupe enhances the purple undertone of it and the result is quite unique and flattering for green eyes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2012 7:29:00 PM More reviews by CamR

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have hazel eyes, and this colour enhances them so nicely! The formula is very creamy and easy to apply and it stays a very long time without fading or smudging. The only thing I dislike about this product is the shimmers in it because I find that it makes the liner look less pigmented/sheerer which is not good because I like my liners to be intense and really stand out. Regardless, I love this liner and the way it emphasizes the colour of my eyes. I will definitely repurchase when this one dries out.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/3/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Bebe1963

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in haste as my makeup stash badly needed an update and have tried to let it grow on me, but no. This shade is just too warm for me. I kept lining and lining and my lids still seemed to show through. Eventually, i realised that it is not my lid showing through, that IS the shade of the gel liner; the excessive gold tone in it just makes it appear as if my lid is still showing through.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by reneeschex

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's not as dark and intense as other Fluidline colors, but it looks beautiful on hazel eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 7:37:00 PM More reviews by kpennock

I like the fluidlines in general but this one just seemed a tad bit drier than the others. Maybe it was just this one but I am not spending the money to buy another in the same color to try it out. With a stiff enough liner brush I can still make it work but I think I prefer the shadesticks....lil harder to do a thin line but SOO much easier to not get gaps in color and always creamy and amazing