September 30, 2014 | 1904 users online

Styling Products - Redken - Align 12 protective straightening lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

This really works. It's so much easier for me to straighten my hair when I use this, and it stays straight. If you do any kind of heat-styling this really helps to make your hair smoother.
My hair is pretty thick so I use 3-4 pumps, distribute it through my hair while it's damp and then blow-dry. No stiffness or crunchiness. Great product- will buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 10:49:00 PM More reviews by steff612

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Some have mentioned that they used this product and then let their hair air dry. Not what it is intended for. Also if your hair feels crunchy you are using too much. I have fine hair but tons if it. I love how it makes my hair feel thicker. Not crazy thicker just better. My hair tends to be staticky and this helps. I really like the smell. I would buy this again but it lasts for a long time. Just remember to go light with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by BRoberts0107

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this product for a long time, and while the package might not be clear about it, it does one thing: Heat Activated Straightening. It is similar to Rusk's Str8 (which I have used but was allergic to). Joico used to make one that I used, but it was discontinued. If you apply heat while straightening your hair (with a hairdryer or flat iron) it will straighten more easily. But it takes heat, and lots of it, to make it work. Every so often I forget to use it and I wonder why my hair won't get straight and stays a little wavy. Once I had it in my hair and my stylist was straightening it (she cut it dry without washing it first) and she commented how easy it was to straighten my hair that day. I do notice that my hair is smoother/softer if I apply the product and let it air dry, but there are other products better suited for general smoothing/de-frizzing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 8:53:00 PM More reviews by bohodo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've used this product on damp hair before air drying and it didn't do anything other than make my hair softer. Then I tried it on damp hair before blowdrying and it made my very fine/thin hair feel thicker.
Now that I just purchased a Remington Wet 2 Straight, I will say I LOVE this stuff. Using it before air- or blowdrying my hair--it was kind of eh. When I put it on damp hair before straightening it (yes, while damp-- with the Wet 2 Straight iron), it makes my hair super soft and silky and adds heat protection. When I sleep on my hair, I wake up with it much straighter than it usually is. So if you have a wet to dry straightener or flat iron, I would definitely give this a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2012 9:30:00 PM More reviews by TwiPixie

I have yet to bond with this product.
I've tried it in a lot of different ways but it fails to do anything worth its cost.

I bought it because my hair gets weird bounces and I'd like to look more straight since it used to be pin straight, I also bought this because I thought it would be nice for summer when I let my hair air dry.
Well, air dry, blowdry, ironing, damp hair, wet hair, even dry hair..! It never seemed to work. It doesn't make my hair more straight or silky, it just makes it piece-y and a bit too crunchy. I don't really like that effect so it's disapointing.
I'm using it up because other than that it doesn't make my hair oily so there is no reason for it so sit on my bathroom but it wasnt worth it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2012 12:41:00 AM More reviews by JChrisBee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My stylist used this on my hair kind of as you would use a mousse. I have very thick, wavy hair that is medium long. The kind of thick that causes every stylist to comment on how thick it is. This product is amazing and has tamed my waves and frizz. I don't typically straighten it, but this balm works wonders on my hair even after blow drying on high heat. I use one half pump and spread it through the lower half of my hair only. The smell is pretty strong and lingers on your hair and hands. I'm not sure how I feel about the smell, but my husband commented on how nice my hair smells. I'm okay with the scent, and I guess since it is unisex it had to be non-girly. I'm impressed with how long my hair stays frizz free and it's not weighed down. You have to find the right amount for your type of hair, though. I guess that's obvious, but if you find your hair looks greasy you may need to use a clarifying shampoo and use a lighter conditioner when you use this balm. I am definitely going to keep on buying it and actually have used it more than their Fresh Curls.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2012 2:55:00 PM More reviews by FiestyFemme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have long, thick, medium-textured wavy hair. I'm looking for something that will help me get my hair straight, and most importantly, keep it straight because I like to get a good 3 days out of a blowout. That said, this product is just okay in my book. It does help me get my hair straight, and it provides a little hold, but not enough for me to keep my hair straight. If it's humid, it won't even stay straight a whole day. There's also a fine line with this product between too little and too much. I would repurchase this if I didn't find something else I liked better, but for now, I'll try something else when this is used up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 11:30:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I'm not a fan of Redken products, and this product is where it started. I used this a while ago, & it never did anything for my hair. It made it poofy & dull. This doesn't help with blowdrying/flat ironing at all. I've used way better products from Walmart. Don't waste your money on this. It also smells weird, like chemicals. I will never buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 12:11:00 AM More reviews by makeupfreak08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bought this in april 2011 used it AFTER I blown dried my hair big NO-NO let my hair sticky and straw like I thought I used to much (I have waist lenght hair) so I tried again wuth a pea size amount same problem. Seven months later I pickd it up again and read the instuctions lol. I used it on my damp hair about a pump started mid lenght to tips and the rest on the top blow dried it with almost no frizz and cut my straightning by half!! I use this with redken satinwear let it set on my towel dry hair wait two minues and then apply align and comb through blow dry then straightner and I have the most soft shiny fiz free hair ever. Truly a HG.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by hnrenfro

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

its alright , ive used better. and it has alcohol in it -____- ew