MAC Fluidline Eye-Liner Gel in Blacktrack

4.4

Isododecane, cyclopentasiloxane, polytheylene, trimethylsiloxysilicate, disteardimonium hectorite, propylene carbonate, tocopheryl acetate, retinyl palmitate, lecithin, caprylyl glycol, triethoxycaprylylsilane, hydrogenated polyisobutene, phenyl trimethicone, ceramide 2, hexylene glycol, barium sulfate, BHT, phenoxyethanol [ /- mica, titanium dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride (Cl 77163), blue 1 lake (Cl 42090), carmine (Cl 75470), chromium hydroxide green (Cl 77289), chromium oxide greens (Cl 77288), ferric ferrocyanide (Cl 77510), manganese violet (Cl 77742), ultramarines (Cl 77007), yellow 5 lake (Cl 19140)]

This is the worst of all of my gel eyeliners..I had it a few years back and I loved it, but now it seems they have changed the formula, it takes a lot of work to build up the color and it's kinda translucent and when you move your brush it moves the color. I compared it to some of my other gel eyeliners and the mac one was the first to smudge and it completely rubbed off with just water. Out of all the best was actually the one from Wet n' wild it stays on the whole day and doesn't rub off easily. All in all I would never buy Blacktrack again, I will properly give it someone, throw it out or just use it for face painting I don't know.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Perfect! Glides right on and stays put. A little goes a long way so it's worth buying. The color is a rich and pigmented black with just a little sheen.

As a part time makeup artist, this is a well known and widely used product that I carry in my kit, but in all honestly, I'm going to look for something better. It gets the job done with some work, but to me it seems too thin and slightly translucent. It isn't as opaque of a black as I like and I feel the need to build it up quite a bit. I also find it too thin/greasy in consistency for my taste. It's not the worst, but I still have a couple of lower-end and drugstore products that I like better than this gel eyeliner! I'm surprised that it's the most popular black gel liner out there...

on 4/20/2015 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I have used this exclusively for years and can't believe I never reviewed it. I am on my 3rd jar and am quickly finishing. After 2,000+ reviews on MUA I have nothing new to add. It's a great gel liner. Goes on smooth, very dark and simply doesn't dry out. That's the best part. The price is reasonable considering one jar lasts me approximately one year and that is with daily use. Will always repurchase.

on 4/20/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I really like this gel liner. Its very creamy which makes it easy to apply.It lasts all day. I learned a trick from a mac associate so it won't dry out; make sure the lid is close tightly and store it upside down.

on 4/12/2015 10:50:00 AM

Awful eyeliner, dries up quickly and not very pigmented, disappointing from MAC.

on 4/10/2015 7:40:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like MAC products but this one is the first MAC product to this really disappoint me. I must have received a lemon because my biggest issue is that is smudges on me....it gets all over my eyelid. I have even applied concealer, primer, and powder and it still smudges. It is smooth and does apply very easily. It is not the blackest black. I would not buy this again. In fact, I hope this dries out a bit so that it might have more staying power and not smudge so easily. Right now, it is brand new so I mix it with my crappy ELF gel liner that I have. That gel liner dries out so quickly. I figured blending the two should give me a great liner. I recommend tarte's tartiest creme liner. That is amazing black liner. I am a MAC girl (love there concealers, eye-shadows, powders, lip liners, lip sticks and lip glosses...wish they had more foundations without SPF) but this one is awful.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Blacktrack is the most disappointing Mac product I have. I love the packaging, I love the consistency, but it isn't as black as I expected it to be and it seems like it never dries. For the price I expected much more from the product. It is still overall an okay gel liner, but not for the hype and definitely not worth the price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Smudges too much to be honest, using this feels no different than using Maybelline's gel liner which sells for a fraction of its price. I much prefer Mac's Chromaline gel liner.

on 3/5/2015 11:46:00 PM

It's a so-so eyeliner, I find it a little transparent when applied and lacking in pigment. It stays on prettty well, but it's really hard to take off... i prefer YSL's creme liners.