April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Fluidline Eye-liner Gel in Waveline

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by summerglow123

I bought this mainly because of the color. I was looking for a night sky deep dark blue, and something that would last on my oily lids.

Thiss is a nice eyeliner that takes a bit of time to learn to use...

Before buying this eyeliner i have mostly used liquid liners. So in the beginning had a lot of difficulties getting the color evenly.

Also, if you want the color to be as dark as in the pan, you must apply two layers, and let it dry in the middle. I have also used this as a basecolor when doing a dark evening makeup.

If you're going for basic black and want a less expensive option, i recommend the LÓreal 24H gel eyeliner, have it in black and would say it's even easier to apply and a lot cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:08:00 PM More reviews by tallulahlm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh. Okay, I'm going against the grain here. I am a massive fan of gel eyeliners, and have tried most brands out there (Bobbi Brown, Mac, MUG, Maybelline, Wet 'n Wild, all of it). While I love Blacktrack by Mac, I cannot stand the formulation of the other gel eyeliners I have tried from them. And trust me, it's not like I haven't given them time to grow on me. I own Blacktrack, Waveline, Rich Ground, Stares & Speculation and Macroviolet. 5 different shades. I have tried to love these liners! But with the exception of Blacktrack, the consistency is awful. The shades are not pigmented, so I find that I have to apply a black kohl pencil first and then the gel liner on top just to get the color to really show up. The formulation is not sticky enough and doesn't adhere to the brush properly (I use MUGs bent liner brush, which is hands down the best liner brush I've ever used) and come out patchy when applied. Then I found that the liner began smudging immediately, or else was FLAKING off. I couldn't believe the latter when I saw it happening, and was convinced I'd just purchased a bad one. So I bought another shade, only to see the same thing happen again.

Navy eyeliners are my holy grail - they make my brown eyes pop like no other, make my eyes brighter and are still appropriate for everyday. While Waveline is a gorgeous color, not too bright (like MUGs Electric, which is less wearable) but light enough that you can clearly see it is blue and not black (which is the case with many navy liners), I am not impressed. It is simply not pigmented enough. There is no point in spending money on this gel liner when I have to use a black pencil underneath it to get the color to pop. I recommend MUG gel liners instead - they are fantastic - highly pigmented, stick to the brush and adhere easily, stay all day, don't budge, and much cheaper. I own every single shade, and am waiting for them to come out with a true navy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Troubleina

My absolute fave liner! I search for anything to go with it!! This stuff is amazing!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by lucycoogancakes

This is a really good eyeliner. Once dry it doesn't move, so no transferring into the crease of my lid like some other liners I've tried. The colour is rich as you would expect from MAC and the packaging, is of good quality. I have also used this product to provide a 'wash' of colour on my eyes over which I would put complimentary/matching/similar blue eye shadows - think smoky blue eye. It keeps the eyeshadow in place so it's a great technique to use if need your eye make up to stay in place for extended hours. Make sure you put the lid on properly to prevent drying out. I am hoping to get this product in blacktrack along with a 209 eyeliner brush so that I can create a precise cat eye flick.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/24/2013 8:25:00 AM More reviews by Kfunk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't know if I got a bad jar of this stuff or what but it's awful. I bought it in hopes that it would be as wonderful as my blue L'Oreal Hip gel liner which is discontinued. There is absolutely no pigmentation. It applies so sheer. The formula was also chalky. I had little flakes all over my under eye area.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:24:00 PM More reviews by zara1810

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Fluidline gel liners as all know come in glass jars with black sturdy plastic cap / lid. This is eyeliner to go for honestly !!! It's perfect for every type of skin i.e eyelids including oily eye lids , once it's on = y it stays on !! Fluidline offers smooth application you don't have to go over it again unless you have fine liner and want build up to thicker line :)) Fluidlines are expensive but in comparison to other brands bobbi brown , lancome , clinique etc , fluidlines are cheapest :) Fluidlines gel liner quality is 100 times even thousand times better than other big expensive brands mentioned above !!

Pros
>Formula of fluidline - creamy & glides on like butter :)
>Highly pigmented
>It's worth while buy because it last for ages mind you i have not yet faced drying out factor ( drying out can be prevented as long as you store fluidlines upside down even durring application and store fluidlines in cool places such as under the sink or cold pantry rooms)
>Staying power is great can not recomend fluidline highly enough as it lat for ages even after a session of heavy rain orvswimming !!!

Cons
> Price is the only one that comes to mind :)
> Pigmentation of fluidline may not suit everyone even though it suits me !

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by RobinFace

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this product. You do have to put on twice because it skips and leaves bare skin on your lid, but it has good staying power once you do and the color is pretty.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by butterscotchsunday

This is my favourite new purchase. The navy liner makes my green eyes pop and my eyes look bigger. Since I am quite pale it doesn't look as stark as a black eyeliner does and I can wear it both day and night. I've gotten so many compliments on this.

I apply it with a fine pony hair watercolour brush(!) which is the best eyeliner brush I've ever had as it holds pigment very well and is easy to control. The liner is a bit sheer, but as this brush holds a lot of pigment it's not really a problem.

As for the potential drying, the girl at the MAC counter gave me a great tip. As it is a bit sensitive to drying out, put it down upside-down on the sink/counter when you use it to keep air from getting in between dipping your brush in it. That way you don't have to keep taking the lid on and off and you prevent it from drying out! So far mine's remained as creamy as it was when I bought it.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/6/2012 2:58:00 AM More reviews by jessadores

This is a very pretty dark blue color that I don't reach for very often, only because I usually stick to black, however you might have to go over the line twice to make it opaque. Its very creamy and I have had mine for over a year (is that bad?). I wish blacktrack was like the two colored fluidlines I have tried, because this one has stayed consistently creamy where as blacktrack gets drier and drier. It is not horrible, but if someone was looking to buy a fluidline I would recommend dip-down

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by josie13

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been looking for a navy eyeliner and I got this on a whim whilst waiting for a flight. The colour is dark blue, not exactly navy but it looks great with my dark brown eyes and it's not too difficult to get a defined line with the Mac angled brush. I do prefer using an eyeshadow as liner though and I will not buy this again