October 1, 2014 | 783 users online

Lipstick - Clinique - Almost Lipstick - Black Honey

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 8:12:00 PM More reviews by heyjoni

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Yeah, I know everyone seems to rave about this... but I think I'm going to find myself reaching for this a lot. It's low maintenance, really pretty and flattering, and - I'm pretty pale, so I'm speaking from my experience - it's nice if you want a dash of plum-like color to brighten up your face. I find the formula extremely comfortable to wear; it's like wearing lip balm. The color doesn't last for hours, but it lasts longer/better than any other lip tint-type thing I've tried, where I always seem to have problems with the color either sinking into lip lines, or with them not being pigmented enough, or with them looking patchy after very little wear. There's no trace of a funky scent and I don't have problems with it feathering outside of my lip line (which is a common occurrence for me + lipcolor). All in all, I'd say this is a winner.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2014 5:43:00 PM More reviews by azianprideangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am a pale East Asian, shade NC 15-NC 20. Sadly, this shade did not look good on me, and I had to return it.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by adh1006

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I always wanted to try this, so I was very excited when I received a sample. I'm Black with medium brown skin tone meaning not light, but not dark, either. in between the two. Black Honey did not match my complexion. I didn't like it because it looked drab and dull. It didn't have much shine, either.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/7/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by formika8476

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love the color and shine, but lasting power is basically nil. If you like the color and don't mind a true lipgloss a la MAC Lip Glass, try the Black Honey Superbalm instead for long-lasting moisture and color.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2014 11:50:00 PM More reviews by turkishdelite

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Beautiful (almost) lipstick. The color looks kinda scary in the tube for day wear but it's so pretty, and not at all too dark, with two-three swipes. Definitely buy it; you won't regret it. I have light-medium olive skin, with neutral, but on the yellow-ish side, undertones and it looks great on me. I have a friend who has skin like porcelain and it looks beautiful on her as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by RaeRae2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE!!!! Beautiful on my yellow/olive colored skin. Moisturizing, soft color that is build able from a light balm tint to a rich colored lipstick. Great price, lots of product, excellent packaging! Perfect for me!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this! I was looking for something moisturizing but not too shiny and with some color to it. Lip balms and tinted lip balms weren't quite cutting it for me, so I took the plunge with this legendary shade (see Live Tyler's famous lips wearing this shade in Lord of the Rings... amazing!)

The color is known for being scary dark in the tube, but MLBB on. This is true when you swipe on just one layer of color. It's a very pretty, sheer berry that gives a natural looking flush and a hint of shine to your lips. If I build the shade up in two or three layers, it starts pulling a bit brown, but it's not a bad look either. Just maybe a bit too dark for summer.

The formula is also very moisturizing. Though the color doesn't last as well as a matte or creamy lipstick, even with much of the Almost Lipstick blotted off, my lips still feel protected and moisturized. I'm very impressed since I have big lips that chap and dry out very easily. I hate the feeling of balms that just sit on my lips, leaving them still dry and chapped after the balm comes off, but the Almost Lipstick actually imparts moisture, and my lips feel noticeably better after wearing it for a few hours.

I also love the slim brushed silver tube. It's very sleek and fits easily in my smallest bag. I just wish that Clinique would bring back the other Almost Lipstick colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:36:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Meh. I bought this after reading rave reviews of it and hearing a friend wax poetic about it. It's OK, just not really $15 worth of OK. It's really little more than a tinted lip balm, and while the color is OK, it isn't fabulous on me. It pulls a bit brown on my face and doesn't last any time at all. Too bad, I was really hoping to love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2014 10:17:00 PM More reviews by taygete05

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to lip product, as a minimalist who doesn't like to make decisions. The color is flattering and goes on smoothly, though it is not particularly long-lasting.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2014 11:12:00 AM More reviews by seeka2000

I've been using this for years. It's absolutely terrifying in the bullet, I almost gave it a pass. But when fall rolls around, and those lovely rich berry shades come calling, this stuff fits the bill perfectly. The name is spot on, it's not heavy or waxy like most lipsticks. It doesn't have the staying power of one, either. But it hangs around about as long as a crayon or a gloss for me. Doesn't cling to any dry spots on my lips, thank god. Nice sleek design, the cap is sturdy and doesn't fall off in my makeup bag. As with a lot of Clinique, you get a good amount of product for what you pay for. With drugstore lipsticks now at about $10 here, I'll pay the $4 more for this when they are doing their promotions