Nivea Nivea Creme

(European version): Water, Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristallina, Glycerin, Lanolin Alcohol (Eucerit, TM), Paraffin, Panthenol, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearate, Citric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellal, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol. (U.S. Mexican Version) : Water, Mineral Oil, Petrolatum, Glycerine, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, Panthenol, Magnesium Sulfate, Decyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Aluminum Stearates, Fragrance, Citric Acid, Magnesium Stearate, Methylchloroisothiazoline, Methylisothiazolinone.

on 10/6/2015 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have the metal tin. Heavy cream. Do not use on my face at all. And not every day

But if you have dry skin on your body, this is it!!!
Used on my daughters' baby red bottoms-perfect (powdered after to form a layer of dry absorption)
Use it after swimming-my skin itches a lot then
Use it on skin abrasions

This is a must, if you have other staples like Vaseline, witch hazel, alcohol, etc., in your bathroom, this should be there too

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This my "security blanket" product. I don't use it all the time, sometimes for months at a time, but it makes me feel secure knowing it's there in the cabinet.

We all know the classic Nivea Creme. Thick, white with that iconic fragrance. The navy blue jar with the white writing is something I always remember having in the bathroom.

As I said, this product is not something I use on a daily basis. However, for little skin emergencies such as very dry skin, sunburn, irritation or even extremely dry cuticles this is the only thing that I reply on for a fast cure.

The price is always right and the formula always the same. It is something I will repurchase my whole life.

Pros – An all in one for all skin irritations, never fails.

Cons – Honestly, none in my eyes.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I use the German version of this product. I'm still amazed this doesn't break me out. I have oily skin and while it does make my skin look quite greasy and shiny, it makes my skin so moisturised and plump! After the first night of using this, I couldn't believe how plump my skin looked in the morning.
The texture is extremely thick and it's hard to spread on your skin, especially if your skin is wet. What I do is that I spray my face with a facial mist (just water in a spray bottle) and then lightly pat the product into my skin. The smell is very strong but I personally really like it.

It definitely might be too much for some people with oily skin, it really does leave your skin shiny. Sometimes when I apply too much, my skin feels extremely uncomfortable and oily. A little definitely goes a long way.
While the tin container is super cute, I prefer the tube version (which they unfortunately don't sell in my country!) because it's much more hygienic.
All in all, this is my HG moisturiser and I will probably never stop using it. It's also very cheap, which is a huge plus!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing the German Nivea in the tin, I do like the Mexican version as well but the German is just a step above.

Basically this item is holy grail status for me. I am in love, love, love. I used to have to most complicated fussy routine of all time, and expensive as all else to boot. But on a whim (mainly missing my grandma) I went and picked up a tub (Mexican) to smell and use on my hands. My grandma and aunt always had tubs and tubs of the stuff laying around the house, and it was all they ever used, so the smell is like a big hug for me. It instantly calms me down and makes me feel better no matter how stressed I am. And then I decided to try it as a night cream. And I am not going back.

I then picked up the German version and fell in love even more. I have very dry skin and my current routine to take care of my dry skin is about $1000 and lasts about 3-6 months. The Nivea Creme has replaced more than 3/4 of the products in my routine.
Here are some of the ways I use it:
Day cream
Cuticle cream
Hair de-frizzer
Foot cream
Body cream
Nostril cream (allergies make my nose crack and bleed)

Basically it's amazing, well worth the small price and can be used for many things. If you are super oil maybe avoid it on your face except as an occasional night mask.

The smells is amazing, it calms my reactive skin and my skin looks amazing.

on 9/23/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I use this as a handcream. The smell reminds me of my mom, she used to use this when I was young. It contains mineral oil, so breaks me oud like crazy when I put it on my face

on 9/20/2015 3:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

After reading about this for years being a cult favorite, I finally tried it. It is very rich and does moisturize but I can't get past the smell. It's not especially strong but it just reminds me of cheap dollar store lotion.

on 9/9/2015 12:47:00 PM

I love this hand cream. It goes on nice and thick and doesn't leave residue and it's really the only thing that works on my hands without me having to re-apply within the hour. I also love how you can use so little of it so that a travel sized bottle or tub will last forever.

on 9/5/2015 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Ok, so after reading some of the reviews here I was tempted to try this on my face. Being from Portugal, I had seen this product many times before and knew people who used it. My mum always said this was no good, though...

Anyway, being on the pill to control my hormonal acne on my chin, my skin has become a lot drier. I am in need of a rich moisturiser, creams for normal skin don't cut it now. So I tried this! I only used it one night though...

The texture dragged on my skin quite a bit. Then I was left with a super shiny face. Then I went to bed and in the morning my face was drier than the night before.

On me mineral oil based products never worked. They don't moisturise my skin. It's like using vaseline hand cream- my hands feel moist and soft upon application but a few hours later they will be drier than ever. I really think there is a two possible scenario in the way that mineral oil products work. The highly documented one is that mineral oil reduces transepidermal water loss by forming a barrier in the skin, which in turn would allow skin to retain moisture. However, by not letting water out they are also not letting water in... Perhaps that's why for some people it doesn't work and makes skin drier. So, I don't really like this concept. I know it works for people who have a compromised skin barrier, but for healthy skin, products without mineral oil seem more desirable. I would rather replenish my skin with other molecules but of course it is a matter of preference.

To the cream itself, it did feel comforting upon application but it was unpleasant to apply because it dragged and took a lot of time to sink in. It even got my hair oily! In the morning my skin looked a bit irritated as well. I don't think this is a bad cream at all, I think it's actually very well priced for the ingredients it contains. It just didn't work for me.

on 9/2/2015 7:17:00 AM

To sum it up, I love this cream.

I use it as a make up remover (like any other cold cream), as a body and face moisturiser.

As a make up remover, I rub it in to dry skin and add water to start dissolving the make up. Before washing off with a hot cloth and moving on to my second cleanse. Alternatively, Pond's cold cream is a lighter formula is just as good only its not as easy to find as Nivea and I find Nivea's smell less offensive.

As a body moisturiser it leaves your skin glowing and provides continued moisture. I would let it properly sink in before using false tan though.

My favourite way to apply it is to put a thick layer all over my face and let it sink in for a few minutes before wiping off the excess with a tissue. I'm not fussed about wasting the cream because it's so cheap and this way saves me from rubbing hard at my skin trying to melt the thick cream.

For those who are concerned about the mineral oil content: it doesn't personally break me out, but I wouldn't use it under make up as most liquid foundations are water based.

and finally, it's great as a hand cream due to the glycerin content it lasts through a few hand washes and feels comforting on cracked and sore hands.

super simple, but awesome stuff.

on 9/1/2015 5:27:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

*Just to disclaim - I bought this product in Australia and it is the 'Made in Germany' version. Apparently there is a Mexican one that is slightly different, so I just wanted to clarify that I am reviewing the German one.

I use Nivea Creme on my face to counter my dry skin. It is a very thick cream, buttery and balm-like, and it melts into the skin with gentle patting/rubbing. It makes my skin feel very soft and hydrated and it makes my face look plumper. The cream has a very strong floral fragrance which I was concerned would irritate my sensitive skin, however it has not caused any irritation whatsoever - no redness or pain. I really enjoy the smell, though it is rather strong and might not be to everyone's tastes. The product is also very decently priced - $10AUD for 200ml tub, and it is often on sale in supermarkets and at Priceline. Smaller tubs are also available. While I am only 21 and do not have wrinkles yet, I definitely believe prevention is key when trying to stay young and fresh-faced and I believe that Nivea Creme will definitely help me to achieve this. I have a few lines under my eyes and this cream diminishes them. I also use this on my neck and decolletage in order to maintain softness and prevent wrinkling. It eases the dry patches of skin on my face, and I find foundation and BB cream do not stick to them if I apply Nivea Creme first. This creme is a staple in my skincare routine and I believe it will stay that way for many years to come. This cream is amazingly hydrating and I would recommend it to anyone with dry skin. However, it may be too rich for oily or acne prone skin and, while I had no issue with the fragrance, it may irritate those with sensitive skin.

Popular Lotions / Creams