April 19, 2014 | 872 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Satin Lipstick - Myth

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

'Myth' is amazing! I wanted a nude lipstick, but not a concealer-ish nude lipstick, if you get what I mean. 'Myth' is a nude lipstick, but it has some pink undertones to it. The pink undertones helps me not look like a corpse, lol. It looks really good when you wear bronzer and just a hint of mascara on your eyes. I would totally re-purchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by tyan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like this but I don’t wear it alone – it’s too pale. Myth is a pale peachy nude which washes me out even my skin tone is already quite fair. However, it is good for mixing up with other colors. I usually use Myth to lighten up my darker lipsticks because I prefer “nuder” shades. As it is a satin finish, it is pretty drying. Just make sure you prime your lips well or you may feel uncomfortable after a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by gwmagic77

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Nothing compares to this color. My lips are dry so it disappears quickly but the color is outstanding. It smells so good too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2014 9:34:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Perfect!! I had to order this off Macys coz they were all sold-out at the MAC counter, so it was shipped to my house. I've been playing w it today & luv this lipstick. Looks sooo good w dark silver grey & black e/s & black eyeliner. Very mod 60s or even Jersey Shore Snooki type color on me. I was NC15/C10 a while bak but I haven't bought any foundations/powders from MAC in a long time so that may not be accurate, I do have neutral undertones in my skin. I wear rimless glasses & luv how this lipstick puts the focus on my eyes. I would pair this w a lot of bronzer. I have Creme d'Nude but I like Myth better. I bought Myth Lipglass too & they look awesome together!! I tried it without liner, but I think MAC subculture or strip down would be suitable for Myth or also Rimmel Tiramisu. Even WnW 666 if you wanted to make the liner slightly darker than your lipstick. I've always adored nudes & browns even since I first started to wear makeup when I was in 5th grade. (Candy Yum Yum or Russian Red aren't in my repertoire of shades I like lol!!). This shade is kind of that you either love-or-hate-it & I love it!! The packaging is standard MAC, it's a little on the expensive side unless you want to use it on a reg basis but I think I will get a lot of mileage out of Myth, so I'd say it was worth the splurge definitely!! I had bought it sight-unseen, but I am into the whole nude lip, & for makeup inspiration I look to Kim K. & Snooki, so if you think either of those ladies has a nice idea of style, I would run-not-walk to your nearest MAC counter & buy Myth. I think it looks fine on its own, doesn't need any other things on top (or under, unless your lips are dry then vasoline), but I was surprised that I didn't see anybody putting Myth Lipglass over the top to match it. It's really pretty together. [sorry such a long post!!]. This lipstick is awesome!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by chupafabra21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use to love this lipstick. It's a nice color however, I find fleshpot, peachstock and creme d nude to last longer n are better formulations. Mac is an annoying lipstick it too drying and you need to usea gloss over it or it will bother you. I think this lipstick is over rated. It's a good nude, but not the best. If you find it too expensive especially if you live in UK or Canada...there are 3 dupes of this lipstic 1) natural nyphm by e.l.f mineral line collection 2) bare all by maybellibe 3) 311 rimmel (Kate moss collection) all are below $10

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2014 3:58:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my most repurchased MAC lipstick, so I obviously love it. I think a lot of people just put it on out of the tube and immediately hate it, but you have to know how to wear it.
I am a neutral-NC 15, and this nude lipstick works really well with my skin tone. This is the only nude lip color I have, and it's all I need. It's a very fleshy nude, with a peachy pink undertone. It's a really versatile lipstick. I wear it alone by patting it on my lips, and blending. I pair it with a light lip liner, and some pink lipgloss. Or I mix it with a dark/bright lipstick to tone it down. It's the perfect nude lipstick to pair with a really dark, smokey eye. I love the Satin finish, its semi-matte with a slight sheen. It's fully opaque, very pigmented, and lasts a long time. Myth is the meaning of a staple lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by alexandra0107

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I like this. I bought it first off because I saw a beauty guru use it and it looked stunning, I knew that it wouldn't suit me before I bought it (online so I couldn't even try it out) but I just wanted it in my collection anyway (not quite sure why, same as how I am obsessed with Saint Germain but know it will look absolutely awful on my NC30 skin). When I got it I was pretty hesitant to try it out, especially as the swatch on the back of my hand was pretty white-brown. However, I've figured it out. I first apply my eos lip balm to moisturise then follow up with my babylips in pink punch. Then apply Myth and another application of pink punch. Oh this looks beautiful!!! My HG lip colour. So wearable, perfect pinky nude. Would look gorgeous on every skintone.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by KirbiTannis

I have quite pale skin and very red lips, and I have tried everything to accomplish a simple nude lip. The only success I had was just dabbing concealer or foundation on my lips. This, of course, completely dried them out and left me with a peeling, flaky, faded mess. This lipstick is the only one I have ever used that:
a) Is pigmented enough to actually cover a very red lip
b) Is not too brown or too orange for my pale complexion

The only downside is that it is semi-matte, which also has a drying effect that is noticeable later in the day, and it is not long-wearing so the minute I eat or drink anything it's usually gone.

Otherwise I absolutely love it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by realitydust

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

It's the classic MAC lipstick you just have to have. Apply with a light hand so you don't erase your lips. If I'm not using it by itself, I'm applying it together with another color to lighten or tame it. Yes, the satin finish is always a bit drying. Make sure you consistently moisturize your lips regardless of what lipstick you're using!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by VJ21

LOVE THIS LIPSTICK, but I never wear it alone I love mixing it with other shades. Warms up lipsticks that are too cool for my skin tone. NC40/42