August 22, 2014 | 2016 users online

Pressed Powders - Estee Lauder - AeroMatte Ultralucent Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:34:00 PM More reviews by jinglingjambo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a good setting powder and lasts the whole day without touch-ups but even though I have a perfect colour-match, it looks a little ashen on me. It's not a huge problem but it seems a little chalky considering it is so finely milled.
    It sets all foundations (creme and liquid) very well and diffuses any redness. I apply this with a large kabuki brush to seal my foundation and concealer. It can be blotted on later if you need to re-touch it.
    This powder didn't break me out either which I was pleased about as I am very acne-prone.

The only reason it isn't HG is because of the slightly chalky appearance this powder gives in photos.

I wouldn't repurchase as I want to MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural next.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by klhoward

Beautiful product - light teture, extreamly fine and does what it is supposed to, by giving a wonderful matt airbrushed finish. Does not dry out my already slightly dry skin. I bought it for my wedding day touch ups.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/24/2012 6:16:00 PM More reviews by hannah275

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I have been using this product alongside estee lauder double wear for a few months as I have oily skin.
    Pros: lovely soft but matte finish, not too heavy - it feels very fine and light on skin, easy to apply, makes skin look flawless
    Cons: Only controls oil for a few hours before having to reapply

rated 4 of 5 on 12/3/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by piradanan9

This is my spare item if I couldn t find doublewear powder. I m using new package. Very good coveraged and Oil control no need to do touch up stay for almost of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2010 3:43:00 PM More reviews by mulan400

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I can't think of anythign that might add to the glowing praises that have been heaped upon this product. Its every bit as good and perhaps even better.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 11:51:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

I understand this product has been discontinued in the US. But here in Singapore,it is still available at all the EL counters islandwide.

I have walked past the EL counters many times and i fell in love with the compact. The gold EL logo and dark blue combination looks very elegant.

I got this in 3W Medium Warm which at first i thought was a little light for me. (I used Honey for my Bobbi Brown stick fdn.) But after trying at home,i like that it looks sheer and looks natural and perfect! It sets the BB fdn stick i applied under my eyes nicely. Also perfect for when i need just a hint of color and to take off shine after my moisturiser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 5:44:00 AM More reviews by ValentinaRUS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

It is a nice powder, sets my foundation very well, It does not look powdery unless you over-apply it. Thanks to this baby my face makeup lasts all day, I don't have to reapply it. Will not repurchase because I've found my HG powder, and this is just not good enough to be an HG for me
    P.S. The powder that earned the HG status from me is Givenchy Loose Powder (specifically, in number 2 Delicate Beige)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 10:52:00 PM More reviews by athenasius

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh Thank Goodness it's BAAAAACK! Estee Lauder discontinued this wonderful stuff, and just as I'd lost hope, I saw it on their website, so I went to my EL counter and there it was, BACK AGAIN!!!!

This time in an ugly square container with weird ridges on the surface just like the photo. Before it was killed off it used to come in a nice looking round compact, smooth surface and they even sold it in refills for their collectible compacts the big and small sizes. The ugly square container has a magnetic closure, and a weak hinge that tends to torque a bit when I try to pry it open, so I doubt that hinge will be long for this life. However underneath it's new ugly exterior lies perfection in powder form.

This is the finest, best, most wonderful sheer finishing powder ever. It doesn't give me that Granny dipped in flour look that is so underwhelming. It smooths out my blotchiness, tones down my rosacea (and doesn't aggravate it either!) and doesn't oxidize and transform itself to another colour. It stays sheer and beautiful and silky.

I'll quit hyperventilating. It is good for anyone with combination skin where some is oily and some is dry. Which is me, I can't speak for people with severe dry or severe oily patches. This does control oil but not in a dry matte sort of way.

It doesn't go on all cakey and matte, the finish is silky and looks airbrushed. It is so finely milled this powder doesn't look like it's there at all, just skin perfection. It blurs things out and provides a magnificent finish. I can oxidize a lot of powder foundations and some pressed powders, but not this one. It doesn't go orange on me, stays the same.

I've been using my precious new compact 2 ways; 1 on my bare (moisturized spf) skin, and 2 to set my favourite foundation (Revlon Colorstay Normal/Dry skin). Either way this is a wonderful choice in a pressed powder.

I don't bother using the puff thing it comes with. I always apply with a blush brush and while I was on the EL site I noticed a video on applying powder with a brush that had the m/u artist rolling the brush onto the face. This works nicely but so does lightly dusting it on the normal way then buffing the excess off.

I have a bit of my other favourite now d/c powder, Revlon's New Complexion Pressed Powder (not the powder foundation they just released under that name) in a pale shade so I bought Medium Warm instead of Medium Light Warm. I figure this will function as a cross between a very pale bronzer for giving a touch of glow in winter and being a perfect powder when I'm sporting a fake tan in summer. So far my plan is working well.

But the next GWP I'm going to get another Aeromatte in my warm light medium and toss out my Revlon powder. This stuff is MAGIC in a compact.

I never understood why they push Lucidity which is a far inferior product and killed off Aeromatte, but it looks like the people at Estee Lauder figured out they made a serious mistake, and brought this beauty back to life.

Good for you Estee Lauder! Thank YOU!!!!!!!!!!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

This is a very finely milled powder and my face never looks overdone with it. However it has absolutely no oil control on me. I am all shiny in about half an hour after a touch-up. Haven't experienced any breakouts with it, which is a good thing. The new packaging is somewhat bulky. I was a little worried about the transparent shade turning orange, so I purchased it in 1C Light. First I was scared it would be obvious on my PPP skin as it's not exactly very light, however it's very sheer so no problems with the color choice.
    Not going to re-purchase because of no oil control.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by Mai93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have been using the 'Translucent' powder and it mattifies really effectively without making me look as though I have wrinkles, however, when combined with my Estee Lauder Double Wear Liquid Foundation in shade 4W1, my face appears to lighten by around one shade. It also looks awful in photographs - almost ghost-like. For people with darker skin, I wouldn't reccomend purchasing the 'Translucent 1W' shade.