Bare Escentuals Lip Bud in Love

2.9

on 11/20/2012 12:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I took off 1 lippie off, because it's not as pigmented as my lips with medium pigmentation need, to show up. I do really like the smooth feel and vanilla scent, though.

on 10/15/2009 11:46:00 PM

I bought this on ebay and so far I'm really enjoying it. I've been using it over my vanilla softlips. It smells very nice...sort of like vanilla too. It gives my lips a pretty pink tint and makes them feel sooooo smooth. I love it. It's perfect for windy days when you want your lips to look pretty but are worried about your hair getting stuck in sticky gloss. This product is not sticky or glossy at all. I would have liked a bit of shine but other than that I'm loving it.

on 5/23/2006 8:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love BE but didn't care much for this gloss/balm or whatever it is... I have pretty pigmented lips, but this stuff didn't show up at all on me- I mean nothig after 10 attempts at layering. It looks like hooker fushia in the tube, but went on completely clear. I like the scent, but it's pretty waxy. I'm glad it came in my Goddess auto-delivery, I'd hate to have paid for this seperately...

on 4/12/2006 2:32:00 PM

Blech. I feel like I'm smearing a crayon over my lips. The taste is good (vanilla) but the feel is extremely heavy and waxy. Gross!

on 12/11/2005 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love product like this, the very crazy looking colors, that go on very sheer. Too bad this one sucks. This isn't like chapstick at ALL. granted, it is of the same premise as chapstick, but this one is horribly waxy. It doesn't just do a bad job of moisturizing, it doesn't moisturize at all! candlewax is more moisturizing than this. And to top it off, the second I put it on, (I rub my lips together, as with chapstick, gloss, and lipstick... makes for the product to get even on your lips.. I'm sure everyone does this) This gets clumpy so I get little spots of a darker red, and some parts with no color at all! I even tried using chapstick underneath this, and it just made it worse somehow. Love the idea, but this one sucks! I'm in love with the packaging though, and I think it smells nice.

on 11/13/2005 10:55:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was very disappointed with the lip bud. A lovely vanilla scent seems to be mixed with something very unpleasant - I feel a scent of metal, it comes from the metal tube perhaps. And a scent of old rubber seems to be there as well. I can feel this awful additional scent for quite a while, which totally ruins any vanilla fragrance. Doesn't do any moisturizing job it promises, and the color it leaves behid is very unappealing (too red and unnatural on its own and makes most lipsticks look weird - I always use a lip balm before applying lippies with some exceptions for MAC amplified and LORAC sheer lipsticks). Wouldn't purchase this lip bud again. Buzz latte lip balm is so much better. Update: The lip bud seems to work better if applied over the lipstick, not under it. I now apply it to freshen up a partly eaten MAC lipstick. The scent becomes less unpleasant as the tube gets used revealing fresher layers.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This was truly a huge disappointment--it is nothing but glorified chapstick in a silver tube with a designer price tag. It feels dry and waxy on the lips, and it neither enhances the lips with texture or color. This is such a dud that I can't believe it is still manufactured. Total waste of money girls. If you like these kind of products you'd be better off with a Bonne Bell Lipsmacker.

on 8/28/2005 2:14:00 AM

I also got this as part of BE's Goddess Collection. I like the packaging...it's a slim silver tube. The color itself in the tube looks pretty bright pink, but it does not go on that way AT ALL. It reminds me of a lip balm with a slight pink tinge. There is not much color to this whatsoever, and it leaves a fairly waxy feeling on the lips. I wouldn't purchase it on its own.

on 3/20/2005 8:38:00 PM

I really love this lip color. It's alot like a tinted lip balm. When I first got it (in the Goddess Collection) I was very scared by the very bright color... but no worries, this applies sheer. It does have more of a waxy feel, kind of like ChapStick, but I like it. This stays on my lips quite a long time, I think this is due to the waxier feel. It's a great color on me, it just gives my lips a natural flushed look. Love the very slight vanilla scent, not overpowering at all. Overall, I think this is a great product. I hope BE brings out more!

on 1/22/2005 9:10:00 PM

Like the flushed colour this gives my lips. As others have mentioned this has a waxy feel, so it isn't very moisturising..however the same "waxiness" makes it stay on your lips for a long time and it doesn't transfer onto your glass. It is also perfect for dipping into your favorite minerals and applying to your lips. It has shown its purpose in my make-up collection:)

Recommended for Medium Skin