November 22, 2014 | 1461 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by reeny417

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wear the CG loose powder in Translucent Fair #105. My skin tone is medium with yellow undertones, and is oily but not acne prone. I find that this shade matches so well in the winter time. I've used it in the summertime, but put some bronzer over it to match my tanner skin. I have the Medium shade in 115, so might try that next summer and see if it matches better at that time.

Because I have oily skin, I find that loose powders work the best for me. Also, because of having oily skin, powders oxidize on my skin, so I have to be careful not to go too dark with any powder. The Fair #105 is perfect for this. I can see why very fair skinned people would have a hard time with the Fair, since it works perfectly on my medium skin (I tan really well and never get pasty).

I wouldn't consider any of these powders truly "Translucent." They definitely have some color in them. When I think of Translucent I think of an almost white finishing powder. What surprised me about the powders (I can only speak for the Light and Medium) is that they are yellow toned, at least enough for me. Most CG foundations are so pink I can't even go there. I used to spend more $$$ on higher end powders thinking that all drugstore loose powders are too pink. I was really impressed how natural these powders appear on my complexion.

I use this over my foundation, set with rose water spray, and my makeup is intact, not blotchy and looking good after a 10 hour day. The smell is noticeable, but it usually doesn't bother me and I find that it goes away pretty quickly. I would occasionally replace the powder puff for sanitary purposes, or use a fluffy brush to apply. I can't believe I didn't discover this product sooner! It's been around forever and I shied away assuming that the colors would be too pink for me. This is my HG powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/6/2014 10:49:00 PM More reviews by sleeperchancetodream

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My favorite powder. Goes on nice, stays on nice, and makes my skin feel super soft and smooth.

It really smells horrible, as others have mentioned.
I wish CG would change the scent.

The lid doesn't screw on, just pulls off, so I'm always worried about it spilling in my purse. And the holes in the container to distribute the powder are literal crap. I'm talking I dumped out the remainder of a different powder and put it in there. I'm not a huge fan of the little furry puff it comes with, so I use a brush, but that's me.

Basically, we have a love-hate relationship.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 3:24:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Smells fantastic! If you like smelling like a mixture of old people's soap and dead flowers.

Okay honestly the smell isn't the best, but I don't really care about that. For some reason, CG still thinks its an A+ marketing strategy to give all of their powders the same horrible scent. I have no idea why this is, but the scent department is really lacking in basically all of their products. (Don't get me started on the lippes. For Gods sake no one wants lips that smell like plastic and cheap perfume.)

The powder is really very good. It isn't cakey, and it leaves your skin feeling quite smooth. I have the shade translucent fair. It has some color which is what I always look for, since it really helps lighten my foundation if it is a tad too dark. The smell seems to be overpowering for some, but I don't mind it honestly. It doesn't linger, which is all I care about. It extends the wear of my foundations, which is really I wanted out of it. Some of my foundations just will not last if they are set with a pressed powder, they require a loose one. This does the job, and it's only like $6 or $7.

The packaging is god awful. Luckily, I had an ELF HD powder that was almost finished, so I put this powder into that container.

If you don't mind the smell, and you can deal with the packaging, this is a very good loose powder. You can almost always find it on sale for a couple dollars cheaper, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2014 7:30:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was surprised this powder is very heavily perfumed... luckily i enjoy the smell. I wore it without foundation and it makes my skin smoother and less oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 3:38:00 PM More reviews by snowprinc3ss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

For the price, I will keep purchasing this powder! It is translucent so it doesnt add or take away my foundation colour. It feels light and goes on matte. One thing I dont like about this powder is that the smell is horrible. Lastly, the staying power is ok, but my skin is oily so i dont blame it :)

rated 1 of 5 on 8/30/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by pk1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have used this once and it smells so strong i will not let this touch my skin ever again. Another product gone to waste.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/29/2014 3:18:00 AM More reviews by Glenadam

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try a loose powder so I bought this and It didn't work on me, I liked it at first but the color oxidized on my skin, it was chalky, and I was shiny after just a couple hours. It was also sparkly,

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by Icanhelpyouwithmakeup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Right off the bat, I'm gonna say it. The packaging is horrible. The lid cracked, so now I can't travel with this, the sifter doesn't come out, which I don't really like, and the lid can come off without warning. Aside from that, I truly love this product. I started using this product about a year ago when my other covergirl pressed powder was empty. I mean it only had specs of product left. My mother had been using this product so I tried hers to see if I liked it. At first I thought it was meh but now I can't live without it! It's so light but keeps my face matte and keeps my makeup in place all day long. Honestly, I would recommend this product to anyone who had second thoughts about it. I have mine in translucent light but there is also one other color, I believe. Something I do understand is a problem is that this powder wouldn't work for skin colors other than fair to light. I happen to have very fair skin so this product works great, but for skin colors that are even a little tan, they might look like Casper the ghost. Keep in mind that I do have normal to sensitive skin. My mother does have dry skin though so this works for dry skin also. Do note also that if you apply too much or with the wrong foundation, you will get a powdery and cakey look and no one got time for dat! So if you have normal, combo, or sensitive skin, you have light skin, get this! Also, this product has an amazing smell. I can't describe it but it sure doesn't smell like makeup. <3

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2014 4:48:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Terrible stuff. This is the only powder I've ever bought that went into a garbage can the same day I bought it.

The pros: it's cheap. For me, that was it.

The cons: smells awful (think old dusty violets, talcum powder, sour cream, expired dollar store perfume - bleghh). The lid literally fell off several times in the 5 minutes it takes for me to apply powder and place it with the rest of my make-up which is 2 metres or less away from my mirror. That thing flat out refuses to stay on. All the shades I tried looked peachy, orange, pink or just ashy - even the translucent. Oh, and SPARKLEY. And I don't mean that soft, subtle pretty luminousity - I mean like glitter slapped on the face. Since it is so dusty and flies all over the place, I had glitter on my hands, my mirror. . .everywhere it should not be. It didn't mattify, nor even set my make-up. It's grainey and looks like you are wearing hella powder, in real life and especially in pictures. No thanks.

Avoid this at all costs. I'm really not sure who this would look good on - but there are many better DS powders to try with better textures and no scent - so I wouldn't recommend this to anyone. Try CoverGirl's Advanced Radiance powder instead.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by KathieL

I've been using loose powder for over 17 years. I really didn't like this one. Yet somehow I used the whole thing. I only realized how poor it was when I started using something new. This powder did not last. Within two hours of application I was shiny. I thought it was just the nature of my combination skin. I now use Revlon photoready and my shine stays away for hours.