Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.4

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so the first and most important thing you need to know is that this loose powder has a VERY strong scent. It reminds me of the scent of Noxema, but more powdery. I hate the scent of this. I don't even know why a loose powder needs to have scent added. Completely unnecessary. And unwelcome. Even my cat leaves the room when I dust this on with a brush.

I threw away the powder puff "applicator" as soon as I opened the package. Actually, I gave it to my cat to see if he would like to use it as a toy. He turned his nose up at it. Don't even bother with that powder puff because a good quality makeup brush will work much better.

Awful smell and terrible powder puff aside, the powder itself does the trick in terms of providing a nice even finish over liquid foundation makeup. It wears well, the shade is good. Not too pale, not too yellow, not too warm...

So, Cover Girl? You had a good thing going with the finish this powder provides. But could you please lay off the fragrance/scent?

The Scent. Is. Awful. I won't repurchase, but I will probably use it until it runs out because once you get past the awful scent and the pitiful included powder puff applicator, it is actually a decent powder. I'll just hold my nose and try to not to breathe after I apply it with a good quality brush.

on 3/10/2015 10:13:00 PM

I really can't get past the smell of this. So overbearing gross. I was looking for something to set my liquid makeup and read good reviews about this. Was quite disappointing for other reasons besides the smell. It made me foundation immediately look dry and cracked when it didn't look like that before. I also bought this bc I heard it was good for taking pictures but once I tested it out I still head that dreadful white cast on my face. still I continue my search for a powder that doesn't have bad flash effects.

on 2/23/2015 11:49:00 PM

I've been using this to set my liquid foundations for about 3 years now. I don't care to use any other loose powder. It sets my foundation flawlessly

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I have been buying this powder for almost a year now! This powder sets my liquid foundation perfectly. It's feels very light on the skin, and blends great. It hides any oiliness I may have throughout the day, though I usually reapply after about 6 hours.

The package comes with a puff, but I do not use it because it ends up applying WAY to much. I would recommend using a brush. And also beware of the lid! Every single one I have had ends up cracking into a million pieces!

on 2/8/2015 12:12:00 PM

I've been using this powder for about 3 years now and can't get enough, I apply it after my liquid foundation and sometimes even on my lashes for that extra length trick. It comes with a small applicator but I prefer to use a brush. The pricing is great ($6) and it hides my oily forehead although only temporarily, after about 6 hours it starts to come through again.

on 1/18/2015 9:56:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Firstly, this stuff is surprisingly good. This might be a stretch for some, but I actually stopped using bare minerals (on top of liquid foundation) and started using this. Not only is it completely affordable and lasts forever, but it actually looks good and non greasy.

I throw out the puff thing and use a brush to apply instead. I also try not to carry the actual powder container because I have never had one that doesn't break. The lids always, always crack no matter how much I try and be gentle. That's the only thing that is terrible about this product.

Hopefully they change that but keep the price and the amount of product in the bin. There is a lot of product in there - it goes a long way.

I never get oily and I never apply more. I cannot believe how well it sets my makeup. Also, I have been using it for over a year so this isn't an infatuation period. It is the real deal.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is my daily powder that I use to set my make-up. The powder itself is really nice. Controls shine really well. Doesn't cake up. Doesn't break me out. Sets my make-up nicely.
However, I absolutely hate the container. It's not sanitary to use the little pad that it comes with. So I have to pour a bit of the power into the cap, then take my fluffy powder brush and pick up the powder to apply it. It's annoying and can get a bit messy.
So I like the product, hate the packaging. Probably will keep buying it.

on 1/1/2015 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is the only loose powder I have ever liked. I am very fair, with yellow undertones (NC15), and "Translucent Fair" is a great color match. I don't wear liquid foundation, but I hate having shiny skin, so I always wear a powder. This mattifies my very oily skin, but has a bit of radiance to it, that enhances my complexion, rather than dulls it. Although I don't want shiny skin, I also don't want dull, flaky skin, so to find a loose powder that meets my needs makes me very happy. I use either a fluffy brush, or the included puff to apply, because it's so soft and fluffy, it applies the powder nicely. This does have the classic Noxzema scent, often associated with Covergirl cosmetics, but it isn't as strong as in their pressed powder. I don't mind it, but would prefer it to be fragrance free. The lid stays on well in my makeup bag, and I take it everywhere with me! One container lasts forever, so the price is great!

on 12/18/2014 5:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my second favorite loose powder besides ben nye powder I get for like six bucks it leaves my face with a nice finish not cakey the smell reminds me of like old lady makeup but I get over it it helps my oily skin and doesn't make me breakup the only really bad thing is the packaging because whenever I buy a new one the lid tends to break but what do you expect for that price but I defintlet recommend it

on 12/15/2014 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this powder because I wanted to replace my heavier powders with something lighter to finish up my fo9undation routine. Safe to say that at Target this was only 6.99 CAD, so I thought why not? Well, I bought the lightest color, translucent fair, which was still 2 shades too dark for my NC15 skin. I put it on and it did not really set anything, or cover anything. I still had waxy spots on my face and it also splotched orange on my cheeks. Not only that but the scent is AWFUL. It smells like cold cream, and lasts a god five minutes before you get used to it. Even with all these reasons, the real reason I hated this product was because it broke me out within an hour of application. 7 new spots, that's a new record! I gave it to my sis to try, she's 14 and perhaps her skin will react better.