Cover Girl Professional Loose Powder

3.5

on 8/22/2015 11:31:00 PM

This powder is interesting. Unlike other powders I've used, this one goes on the skin and changes the color of your skin to a beautiful youthful glow I don't even know how to explain it. The smell is a little strong, but after you've applied it you can't smell it anymore. I've stopped using it only for now since I'm very dark this summer, so I use this to set my under eye concealer. Love this.

on 8/22/2015 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I actually used to own this powder years ago, but I decided to buy it again at Ulta during a BOGO50% sale a few months ago, because I needed a cheap loose powder to use for "baking" under the eyes. Just as I remember from when I bought it the first time around, it has that signature Noxzema scent of Cover Girl products, and a plastic sifter that seems a bit flimsy. It also comes with a powder puff, which I immediately took out because I will never use it. Instead, I apply this powder with a foam wedge sponge for use under the eyes, and a powder brush for the rest of the face.

When used for baking concealer under the eyes, this powder works quite nicely. It sets my Maybelline Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser concealer to a flawless finish. The shade Translucent Fair looks good whether I am pale or tan. While I generally prefer the convenience of a pressed powder, I'd buy this again even if I were to use it only under the eyes.

on 8/8/2015 6:09:00 PM

I have tried several powders and this one is excellent. Please don't think it is a cheap product because of the price (that's just an added bonus!). I love that I finally found a powder that doesn't make me look overly powdered and dull. This will set your makeup without the loss of the radiance that you want to keep in your look. I do find that a brush works better than the included puff.

on 6/29/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I have never heard anyone talk about this powder before and it works amazingly well for me! HG status. I use it to set my foundation (it creases as an under eye setting powder) and I find it controls oil better than any other powder (including Rimmel Stay Matte, which is garbage). I've never noticed the smell before--it just smells faintly like powder. I don't think that I use very much because the same container will last me about 2 years with 5 day/wk use.
This powder in combination with Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse foundation works better to control my oil for 15+ hours than anything else.

on 5/1/2015 1:43:00 PM

I have been using this powder for several years and I love it! I have oily skin with large pores which makes finding a foundation very difficult, so most days I just put concealer on any spots and then use this powder. I like the coverage - it evens out my skin and looks really natural, and I like that my freckles still show through. I also have sensitive and acne-prone skin and this has never been an issue, and I've been using it almost every day for years. I've read that people have an issue with the smell, but I actually really like the smell of this. I Highly recommend this if you're looking for a good loose powder.

on 4/11/2015 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

This formula works fine for me, but I prefer pressed powder simply because it's much less messy to use. This stuff gets all over the place, and I'm kinda klutzy. It's like a Three Stooges scene sometimes. And sometimes I forget to dress AFTER putting my makeup on, and I have to change. And I like to take my powder with me.

on 4/11/2015 6:49:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE.
I have no issue with the smell, and it kind of bothers me that people are rating the product on the smell alone, as opposed to its ability to do its job. I personally like the smell. And this powder definitely does the job.
My coworker recommended this to me when I was telling her that I was looking for a loose powder- I HATE pressed powders, they always look awful on my skin. For $6.99 this powder definitely does the job. It really gives my face this natural look when I'm done putting on my concealer or foundation. I think it's a bit closer to my skin tone than the concealers/foundations so it really helps to make it look like I'm not wearing makeup. It goes on very light and it's easy to blend if you accidentally put too much on, but that's pretty hard to do since this powder is so fine. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love it. Although the lightest shade is too dark for me, I mix it with baby powder and works fine. Great on my oily skin and keeps me matte all day long. <3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Ok, so the first and most important thing you need to know is that this loose powder has a VERY strong scent. It reminds me of the scent of Noxema, but more powdery. I hate the scent of this. I don't even know why a loose powder needs to have scent added. Completely unnecessary. And unwelcome. Even my cat leaves the room when I dust this on with a brush.

I threw away the powder puff "applicator" as soon as I opened the package. Actually, I gave it to my cat to see if he would like to use it as a toy. He turned his nose up at it. Don't even bother with that powder puff because a good quality makeup brush will work much better.

Awful smell and terrible powder puff aside, the powder itself does the trick in terms of providing a nice even finish over liquid foundation makeup. It wears well, the shade is good. Not too pale, not too yellow, not too warm...

So, Cover Girl? You had a good thing going with the finish this powder provides. But could you please lay off the fragrance/scent?

The Scent. Is. Awful. I won't repurchase, but I will probably use it until it runs out because once you get past the awful scent and the pitiful included powder puff applicator, it is actually a decent powder. I'll just hold my nose and try to not to breathe after I apply it with a good quality brush.

on 3/10/2015 10:13:00 PM

I really can't get past the smell of this. So overbearing gross. I was looking for something to set my liquid makeup and read good reviews about this. Was quite disappointing for other reasons besides the smell. It made me foundation immediately look dry and cracked when it didn't look like that before. I also bought this bc I heard it was good for taking pictures but once I tested it out I still head that dreadful white cast on my face. still I continue my search for a powder that doesn't have bad flash effects.

Recommended for Normal Skin