Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

I love this powder! It makes my face less oily and provides some coverage too! Love it!

on 7/30/2015 10:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

Very decent powder for the price.

on 7/28/2015 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

Cheap and works well. I'd buy it again. Looks especially nice after I'm already shiny and use this to cover- that seems to give the best look. Goes on matte, but not too powdery or fake, and does not stay matte on my skin for any length of time. Which I like, but might not be the look you are going for.

on 7/26/2015 1:23:00 AM

It's cheap, cheerful and does what it says. The Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder has been around for absolutely ages, I remember seeing it back at Boots when I first got to the UK, and then seeing some schoolkids picking it up.

I didn't give it much thought then as it was cheap and I already have too many pressed powders in my stash. I then started seeing it around more and more many of my unimates had this in their makeup pouch, and this spurred me to pay a little less than 4 quid for this powder.

Boy is this good! It's pretty finely milled, and once lightly dusted all over the face, it gives a very matte finish, which is great for my extremely oily T-zone. I go over the other parts of my face with a very light hand, as this product is so good at absorbing sebum that it has a tendency to dry out my slightly drier cheeks.

I don't use pressed powder to hold my makeup in place. I use primers for that, so powder, to me, is just to set the foundation and hopefully, keep the oilies at bay for as long as I possibly can.

This is a wonderful product with a great price tag... So much that I am willing to overlook the slightly crap packaging. I have been using mine for over 4 years now and I have yet to hit pan. =)

on 7/25/2015 5:06:00 PM

This is a great product!! Does make your makeup stay all day and doesn't add any colour:)

Only thing is, do not apply this if your not wearing any makeup- it will just be all dusty, so put this on over makeup!

on 7/24/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a TON of powders but decided to pick this up when I forgot my makeup at home. I tried this years ago when I was younger but didn't remember how great it was. I always see people rave about this product but I honestly did not need anymore makeup so I paid no mind to it. I'm so glad I picked this up in transparent. There's something magical about this product especially when paired with the Covergirl ready Set Gorgeous foundation. Usually powders make me look extremely flat but this sets my foundation very nicely without adding an extra layer of cake. I can also pile this on without looking chalky. I love this powder

on 7/24/2015 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I bought this is Nude Beige; it seemed like it would be the right color & I made a sound educated guess. All of the colors excluding transparent looked like they could work for me. I read the ingredient list & it's very acnegenic/contains petroleum & oil. I'm sensitive to oil, I try to keep exposure to a minimum but i haven't been broken out. The packing well it isn't pretty but it's also not very portable w no applicator nor mirror so it stays on my vanity only to be applied w an elf flat top brush or an oversized velour puff. I prefer elf pressed powder...the Rimmel is more expensive initially but I think the compact is bigger also Rimmel is much easier for me to get my hands on than elf. Despite all the oil this keeps me matte & doesn't oxidize badly for 3-4 hours thank gawd for blot papers & some old pressed powder w sponge/mirror to keep in my bag for touch ups. It's inevitable w really oily skin that I'm gonna turn up shiny & eventually greasy as the day wears into night. I have to sleep in pressed powder due to my oil slick but thank gosh for oil control products! I don't need much of this powder or it looks too powdery. The price is ~$5. Good quality product.

on 7/15/2015 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Rimmel ... Why did you create such a wonderful product and package it in such crappy materials! The label fades off and then after awhile the plastic just doesn't screw on properly. Which I'm not a fan off.., BUT... The powder itself is really good. If you're oily, this may just be a good drugstore powder to try. Keeps you matte for a couple of hours but you'll still need to touch up if you're super duper oily. Colour range is alright, I don't really know if this will match everyone's skin tone and undertone but if you could find a colour match, try it. This didn't break me out (bonus) and provides a teeny bit of extra coverage to the skin. Not nearly full coverage but just enough to really make your foundation look good. I also use this on my eyelids since they get super duper oily too. Doesn't accentuate your pores, look cakey. I can't really say much about clinging to dry matches since my skin isn't dry but I will say that this is worth the price. Good job Rimmel, now just fix your packaging and you're golden.

on 7/15/2015 1:36:00 PM

So I had to try this since everyone seems to love it and I am a constant oil slick. I agree that the packaging leaves a lot to be desired but since I don't carry it around with me, it doesn't become the bane of my existence like it does to others. I use it in the morning and leave it in my kit. For spot checks during the day, I use Neutrogena's Shine Control powder. The Stay Matte seems to be pretty finely milled so I appreciate that. I can't stand when a powder is, well, powdery. When it seems like you're wasting more than you're putting on your face. I have used it everyday for at least a month and just barely hit the pan so it lasts, too. As far as wear, I don't have to blot as often but I can't contribute that solely to this. I also started using L'Oreal's Infallible foundation which I also like. I would absolutely buy this again. It does the job for a great price so why not?

on 7/14/2015 5:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I have oily skin and this product only last about 2 hours before you have to blot and reapply. I was hoping it would work since I had seen good reviews for it, but it did not live up to what it says!

Video Reviews & Tutorials