Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder

3.8

TALC,MAGNESIUM STEARATE, POLYETHYLENE, PETROLATUM, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, DIMETHICONE, POLYBUTENE, ISOSTEARYL NEOPENTANOATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, METHYLPARABEN, COCOS NUCIFERA, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM, PROPYLPARABEN, PARFUM, ALOE BARBADENSIS, BHT, BUTYLPHENYL METHYLPROPIONAL, BENZYL SALICYLATE, CITRONELLOL, HEXYL CINNAMAL, HYDROXYISOHEXYL 3-CYCLOHEXENE CARBOXALDEHYDE, LINALOOL, BUTYLPARABEN. [ /- MICA, CI 77891, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77007].

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I bought this in early December with a Wet 'n' Wild lipstick. At $4 at my local Walmart, this was a steal.

I was just starting to get serious about my makeup when I realized I needed a setting powder. I absolutely love matte finishes (all eyeshadows aside), so I went with this one, in the shade "Buff Beige", which is pretty pale--a little bit darker than eggshell.

It has that foundation smell to it, which I actually love. Somehow, the smell of makeup is comforting *laughs in the corner*. It's an in-betweener for softness and hardness--you don't pick up too much product with one sweep, which is perfect, because you really don't need as much as you think you do.

The packaging...is surprisingly nice. It could definitely be better (I'd love a compact), but, at this price, you really can't make a fuss. I've never dropped my makeup, so I don't know how it holds up to that.

If you have dry skin, like I do in this deadened winter, it will cling to dry patches. My suggestion is that you exfoliate before applying your face. There. Much better.

I don't have any experience with dry versus oily skin all the time, but I will definitely put this beauty to the test come spring and summertime and edit my review.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When just applied it looks really good and it made my T-zone look matte but after just roughly an hour I have an oily T-zone again...
Might work for some people, but didn't work on me.

This is one of the best products I´ve ever discovered. It gives me almost perfect coverage when I dust it over my foundation (Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff) although it covers redness and pores better than acnes and acne scars (I don´t use concealers). It´s buildable to some extent, not cakey. Packaging is okay for the price. You get a lot of product so you´ll not be running out of it for at least 4 months of everyday usage.

My nose is really oily sometimes so I have to put it on again after 3-4 hours to get rid of the shiny horror, but that´s alright, I carry it in my bag if I intend to stay outside a bit longer. The rest of my face doesn´t need touch-ups for 5 hours. Colors are really nice.

Cons: I don´t think this product is good when used without foundation, I feel it is too dry for that and for dry skin.

I will continue to use it- already purchased it twice.

I really love this product, I have purchased it 3 times already and I'm planning on buying another one when I run out. It does the job and doesn't look cakey. However, that packaging is a nightmare, but I guess it comes with the territory of really really small prices.

Great as a setting powder. I have dry skin but this does not accentuate dry patches. It's VERY affordable and, unlike a lot of other drugstore brands, the lightest shade is light enough for my very pale skin. The packaging very basic, which is good and bad. Good because there isn't any useless puff or bulkiness to it, but the lid cracks very easily.

Almost every beauty blogger/youtuber recommends this product and it seems to have a whole bunch of good reviews but i can honestly say this product is a failure, for me anyway. I've used this product for a couple of months now, i have the transparent shade, and was just waiting to find a product to replace it, which i now have. There are some things i liked about this product but unfortunately the cons outweigh the pros for me.

Pros: I do find that this made my makeup somewhat last a little longer than usual.
Its very cheap and affordable.
A lot of product so you wont be running out very soon.

cons: Was not actually translucent and added a white layer to my foundation
Clings to dry patches.
Always ended in my foundation looking cakey (even if my foundation was a luminous or light weight foundation).
Personally i found it added extra coverage to my foundation, which, for everyday, is a no.
Makes the under eye area look dry.

Also just a tip to all : using pressed powders is actually bad for the skin, it clogs up pores and causes extra oil production as the pores cannot 'breathe'. Find yourself a good matte or mineral loose setting powder.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME ? THIS POWDER IS FABULOUS FOR DRY SKIN I HAVE USED MAC STUDIO FIX POWDER FOR 20 YEARS LAURA MERCIER IS A JOKE IN MY OPINION SOAKED UP EVERY BIT OF MOISTURE IN MY FACE SO MY SECRET RECIPE AND BY THE WAY I LOOK ABOUT TEN YEARS YOUNGER THAN MY 40 YEARS IS RCMA FOUNDATION YOU CAN GET IT AT CAMERA READY.COM HIGHLIGHT WITH BORN THIS WAY FOUNDATION CONTOU WITH FAB CONCEALER IN NUTMEG CW O8

I just can't win. I am oily, but if I use this it definitely makes me get dry patches, which is unfortunate. It does give my tan skin a white cast. So obviously, I should use less, right? Well, if I do that, I don't get the texture finish I desire. I guess I just need to stay away from talc, even though everyone raves about it, every time I use it I end up with combo/oily skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Love this stuff for a flawless finish and light coverage. Manages oily skin well and matches too my skin tone ( in the shade sandstorm). Very similar to Maybelline matte maker in the shade natural beige. Only downside is that the lid is a bit hard to open.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This powder is a drugstore gem. My skin is oily and this keeps my skin fresh for many hours without a touch up, although I do need to use a blotting paper or two after 5 our 6 hours. It's too bad that the packaging doesn't make transporting this product possible. This $6 powder works as well as mattifying powders costing much more. I use the translucent shade and it works well with my $50 foundation (Dior) and it looks really nice and doesn't cake up at all. It's smooth and doesn't look powdery when I use Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray. The spray melds the powder into the foundation keeping it fresh and preventing it from caking up too much. These products work well for me and this powder has proven to be a real find. It was recommended on MUA makeup board and I'm glad I decided to give it a try. My oily skin is very happy about it! I definitely recommend it for oily skin gals and those with combo skin as well. For $6 you certainly can't beat it.

Video Reviews & Tutorials