April 21, 2014 | 1891 users online

Pressed Powders - Rimmel - Stay Matte Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2014 3:14:00 PM More reviews by serendipity764

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok guys, I have the OILEST skin. It's an oil spill within 45 minutes. I've tried milk of magnesia, tons of powders, BB creams, foundations, everything. The 2 best setting powders I've found are this one and MAC blot powder. This one is not as good as the MAC blot powder, but for $2.99usd versus $25usd, I'm going to keep on buying good old Rimmel. The cons are that this is not as finely milled as higher end powders, which means it looks cakey if you need to reapply Thus, I save my MAC blot powder for touch ups because that never gets cakey. Also, MAC sadly does a better job at keeping shine at bay for long (I have to blot with both powders). Also, I have neutral to yellow undertones, but these Rimmel powders all seem to have pink undertones, so the colors aren't a perfect match. On days when I need to look my best or have a long day at the hospital, I use Hourglass immaculate foundation- it is the oily skin holy grail - with this or MAC powder on top.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by bethanydb

the best matte powder I have ever used! I have oily skin, especially in summer, and I typically don't have to blot when using this. works well over any liquid foundation and immediately takes the shine away. great price, great product, only not a fan of the packaging!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 7:59:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I absolutely love this product and the best thing is, I wasn't expecting to like it at all. I've read great reviews about this online and on You Tube videos but kept putting off buying it because I prefer loose powders to pressed powders and prefer something more high end.

Although this is called "Stay Matte" I do not find the finish to be too matte. I have naturally dry/combination skin and prefer a radiant finish to a matte finish, so was surprised I liked this. The key is to apply sparingly, I imagine if you used a lot it would look cakey, but this is the case with most powders. I love how this product makes my skin look, airbrushed and my pores are minimized. It claims to last up to 5 hours, but I find it lasts even longer than that, only having to touch up once during the day.

This powder feels really silky on the skin and more expensive than a 3.99 product. It does have a distinct talc smell, but this shouldn't be much of a surprise given that the first ingredient is talc. If you press the powder between your fingers it almost feels creamy and the pigmentation is just right - not too much or too little.

The only thing I hate is the packaging. I prefer pressed powders to come with a mirror and possibly somewhere for a brush and the plastic top looks very cheap, but for a 3.99 product, I can't complain!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:30:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not really sure what the hype about this product is? It's an alright powder but I don't see why it's so popular! It doesn't have allot of pigmentation and it keeps me just as matte as any other powder does. Also the packaging feels cheap and flimsy.. It's an alright powder and I might re purchase as it is so affordable and doesn't brake me out but it's also not a holy grail of mine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by bih80

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product 5 times now and it's amazing as a setting powder on top of my foundation. Works just as well as my MAC Mineralized Skinfinish Natural. I apply it with a large powder brush and helps contain the oil on my t-zone. The smell is not off-putting, it gives a light-to-medium coverage. Sometimes I just do concealer and this on top for light days and it lasts me a whole working day. Great stuff from Rimmel for such a great price!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:24:00 AM More reviews by MaddyKate93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I gave this product a five but realistically I would prefer to give 4.5. First off, my skin: fair, oily, dark circles. I need a good powder not because I want to be dead matte, but just want that 'clean' skin look. Not dammed oily all the time. I have been using a powder that costs me $68 a pop and while it looks great after the first application, re-apply and welcome to cake town!! Anyway I remembered this powder from previous years and although I had LIKED it, I remember it smelling bad and breaking in my bag. After scouring this site for a powder I decided to give this a chance once again. I am so bloody overjoyed that I did!! It is not only a relief that I no longer need to fork out so much $$ every few months, but the quality and finish is amazing. It leaves my skin looking clean, matte and most importantly, natural!! I can actually apply this alone over concealer and I'm happy to leave the house. I have discovered the ultimate application for me though. First I wash my face moisturise yada yada, then conceal and apply a thin layer of this powder. I do my eyebrows and eyes, then I have found I need less liquid foundation!! I only use a few small dots and buff it on OVER the powder and then finish with a tiny bit of this on my tzone. I never would have thought to do this but after seeing powdered primers I figured it couldn't hurt. The result looks great and I find I am much less oily. The reason I wouldnt give this a 5 is because of staying power. A 5 to me would mean no reapplication. And also slightly better packaging. But for the quality and finish? And price? I will never stray again. I am welcoming this baby into a long term relationship and will never stray again :P

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 3:25:00 PM More reviews by CourtneyLucas98

This is the best pressed powder I have EVER used! I have re-bought this many times and have stocked up on at least three more for when I run out of my current one. It comes in a variety of colours and it doesn't at all look cakey. The finish is a natural matte and does it ever stay matte as the title promises! I put it on in the morning and I DON'T have to reapply!!! It lasts right through the day. Now, my skin isn't necessarily oily but in previous powders I've tried I have had to reapply at least once throughout the day. Like I said, this is the best powder I have ever bought and I recommend it to anyone, no matter what skin type you have. It's not a bad price and it's worth every penny!! I will never go back to a different type of foundation!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2014 8:39:00 PM More reviews by AliceIsMadeOfMakeup

I have light warm beige skin so I thought it would make sense to buy this in Natural. I was pleasantly surprised with the price (I think it was about $4). I think it's pretty buildable and provides a nice matte look. I do have to use a bit more than I would like to get the desired look I want (completely matte all over) but it isn't really expensive and there's a decent amount in the container to begin with. As far as touch ups go, I usually head to the bathroom to powder the t-zone an hour and a half to two hours after originally applying it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by blondebunne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The holy grail of matte powders! I never would have thought that this insanely cheap, drug store brand would be my go to for shine free skin!!! I only use the translucent, sometimes on top of BB cream or alone in the summer and it lasts all day!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2014 3:45:00 PM More reviews by EmilyHobson

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is excellent after foundation powder! It really leaves you with that matte look. None of the grainy "I just put powder on" look. I'm really picky and this product is cheap and works great!