MAC Blot Powder

4.2

Dimethicone, Silica, Kaolin, Water, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Methicone, Coconut Acid, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Mica, Iron Oxid lllol

on 6/28/2015 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have really oily skin like 10 minutes after I apply makeup my face is an oil slick. I've tried rimmel stay matte powder and Neutrogena shine control but this blot powder definitely beats both. Rimmel looks nice when first applied but 10 minutes and I'm already oily again plus it has those glitter specks in it. Neutrogena shine control is OK the finish of it is really weird though it's not a completely matte finish. Mac's blot powder is the only powder that has ever kept me matte for up to 2 hours until I have to reapply again. It will most definitely keep someone with skin not as oily as mine matte for longer but I'm just really oily. The compact is pretty cheap looking but I don't really care. I've had mine for 3 weeks and it hasn't broke? I take it with me everywhere too I've even tossed it into my locker at work and it's still perfect so I have no idea what everyone else is talking about.

on 6/20/2015 5:30:00 AM

I've tried this on my face, it has a smooth texture, I have an oily skin but it never smudge upon sweating... I loved it

on 5/25/2015 3:44:00 PM

I love love love this product!! I have oily skin in places, usually just around my Tzone and I find that I can really notice a difference when I don't apply this powder! I also find that the applicator it comes with is the best way to put it on because you are really able to press the pigment into your skin. It gives you an overall matte finish and I love it. 100% repurchasing, worth the money.

on 5/17/2015 5:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

This blot powder is for a very select few it would seem, and even then, it doesn't seem to hold up for a lot of people as actual oil control. Not to mention it breaks within a few days of use due to poor packing. If you have even the SLIGHTEST trace of dry skin this powder, no matter how dark you get it, will make your skin flake up and highlight the dry patches and make you look AWFUL! It doesn't matter how much you moisturize. This powder seems to be designed to highlight dry skin and really bring that to the attention of everyone around you. Terribly disappointed in this product, and would like to sincerely warn anyone who doesn't have buttery smooth overly-hydrated perfect skin to NOT use this product.

on 5/16/2015 5:41:00 AM

I have two of these because I was afraid of ever running out of the only powder that keeps my oils at bay! I had tried a lot of drugstore powders, including the rimmel stay matte powder, but it was no use - after 3/4 hours I had to go to the bathroom and blot. I do think that part of the problem for em is in wearing liquid foundation but anyhow, all the other powder failed. With this I put it on my face at 7am (with a roll and press motion using a sponge or my sephora #45 brush) and by 5:30pm my face looks a little 'dewy' but it does not look like it's oil - no blotting during the day! Although I do have it in Light and Medium I don't see any difference when I use one or the other, the colors seem very forgiving. My second one broke two days after I got it so I do think that the packing is not the absolute best but its sleek enough to go around in your bag. Price wise, yes, it's very expensive but when I tell myself that when I use this I save on primer and blotting sheets so... Yes, it's worth it!

This is the ONLY powder to EVER control the shine on my super oily face. Highly recommend to super oily folks.

on 5/14/2015 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I am really impressed with this! Usually after 4 hours of washing my face and applying foundation I'm an oily mess! After 6 hours, I noticed a bit of oil coming through, but it didn't look horrible, more like a dewy finish. Worth the price if you have oily skin.

on 4/24/2015 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Nope DO NOT BUY.

I have been using this powder for years and it's amazing! My skin was quite oily in my younger years, within an hour of putting my foundation on, my T-zone would be shiny and gross. With this product, you only need a little bit, I apply it with the #150 brush, it's a big brush so really quick to use for touch-ups and doesn't put on too much product and it lasts all day.

The product lasts forever too, I was never able to use up a Blot powder. The only complaint I would have is that the powder is quite fragile, try not to drop it because it easily break into pieces. It's happened many times and it's really unfortunate since there was always so much product left.

(I am an NC20-30 and use the Medium dark, it's a perfect match!)

on 3/29/2015 7:45:00 AM

I use mine very lightly as a setting powder but more so when I am out and about and need to soak up oil without it looking like I've put powder on old make up! It sets my eyeshadow well too without emphasising fine lines. It works for me and it's a staple product.