October 24, 2014 | 1623 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by dallygabriel

I have very oily combo skin. I used Studio Fix before and I expected to have the same kind of range in shades. I was disappointed that the closest shade to my face was clearly lighter than my skin creating a "white powdered" look on top of my foundation. I will say that this powder does provide excellent coverage of oily skin and if my face became oily this powder would eliminate it for hours creating a "dry sensation" on my skin. I ended up returning it and going back to Studio Fix which is better suited for my skin color.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by nihaobrookey

makes pores literally invisible and it's like putting a filter on your face so perfect

rated 1 of 5 on 10/10/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Mina_LaFleur

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I thought I was upgrading from my mainstay CoverGirl powder, partly because this product is ridiculously expensive for essentially the same thing. The only difference aside from price? This stuff breaks me out like crazy! I thought my skin was just upset by a change in cleanser, but after some testing and remembering when I had bought this, I discovered it was the culprit. As soon as I quit using this, my skin returned to normal. The case may look a lot more slick than the CG one, but I'll gladly cut out 2/3s of the price for a lime green case and zero blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 4:03:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

If you're an oily gal, just buy it. You'll love it.
Haven't been without a MAC blot powder compact since I was a youngster.
Perfect powder, awesome compact. Lightweight, SUPER matte without being flat, next to perfect oil control. Builds flawlessly so if you need to touch up you don't LOOK like you've touched up.
The ONLY bad thing I can say about it is its very fragile. My powder ALWAYS shatters within the first couple weeks of having it. But of course I can't say for sure that's the powders' fault...either way, 5 star (or lipstick) product for sure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Gholt91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so oily without this I look like the back of a spoon! I only use on my t zone as if used on whole face I feel I look to flat, it's pretty much colourless so it won't matter how many times you apply throughout the day! I am a hairdresser & the heat from hairdryers does test my makeup a great deal, I probably sweep this over my face every 4 hours! It always in my make up bag & the mirror in the compact is super handy! I use my RT powder brush to apply!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by tamedDOLL

Love! Keeps shine and oil away. Works well over foundation and does not look cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:43:00 PM More reviews by buttons723

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This powder is wonderful for us oily skin ladies. I always have one in my purse and it is great for mid-day touch-ups. I use the color medium-dark and I have nc30 skin. Love that it is a small-ish compact, it comes with a puff (I use a travel kabuki instead), and it has a nice mirror. I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by franktommyquaker

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried lots of powders but this is the best I have found for oily skin. Looks nice, controls oil and lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS POWDER.

My T-zone is ridiculously oily. It is baaaad. After an hour and a half I am always needing to blot. BUT with this powder I don't have to blot until about 3 and a half to 4 hours which is literally incredible for me. Also, this does not break me out. Although, I don't think this comes with enough product for the price. I have used this everyday for a month and just noticed some pan showing.:/

Pros:
•very good oil control
•not cakey
•does not break me out

Cons:
•not a lot of product
•the puff is useless after one wash

P.S go one shade darker then what you think. This powder runs light.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

My favorite blot powder compact! This stuff truly blends into your skin, leaving behind no white cast (as long as you get the right shade; they're all pretty translucent, though) and doesn't emphasize my pores or flakes like many other powders do. This is a must-have for those with oily skin.