Alba Botanica Sea Plus Renewal Night Cream

3.9

Not tested on animals

Ingredients Purified water, certified organic aloe barbadensis leaf juice, persea gratissima (avocado) oil, glyceryl stearate SE, vegetable glycerin, aleurites moluccana seed oil, macadamia ternifolia seed oil, sorbitan stearate, stearyl alcohol, ceteareth-20, mangifera indica (mango) seed butter, polysorbate 60, dimethicone, sorbitol, certified organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, stearic acid, squalane, sodium PCA, allantoin, alpha lipoic acid, DMAE, polysorbate 20, extracts of spirulina maxima (algae), ulva lactuca (sea lettuce), laminaria digitata (kelp), chondrus crispus (irish moss) and macrocystis pyrifera (kelp), citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit, cucumis sativus (cucumber) seed, arnica montana flower, anacyclus pyrethrum root and camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extracts, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin E), L-ascorbic acid (vitamin C), phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, potassium sorbate, sodium hyaluronate and fragrance (parfum).5/23/09

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this product! quality all natural ingredients, cruelty free, great price point and effective… What's not to love? And I purchased it at a super price with free shipping on target.com!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

To me, the fragrance is not very strong - I like it :-) It smells oceanic? Since some reviews of the day cream said it wasn't very moisturizing, I opted for this night cream - it is creamy/thick, and I can definitely see how this can provide a barrier to reduce moisture leaving the skin, but left my pores unclogged - my face had some bumps prior to using it, and they were calmed down by the morning, my skin was very smooth. I'm not sure how much moisture this provides vs. preventing moisture from escaping - probably does a little of both? I think there are better out there, though this isn't bad.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this because it was the cheapest cruelty-free moisturizer I could find at my nearest store. I remember actually liking the scent that I saw people were commenting that bothered them.
However, I also use Benzoyl Peroxide every night to treat and prevent acne, and this moisturizer does not work well with that. It balled up on my face and whenever I touched my face, the pieces of balled up moisturizer would fall off. It was a mess, but I kept using it because I only applied it at night and I thought it wasn't doing any harm other than being annoying. However, it was also a little bit too heavy and greasy, which didn't work for my combination/oily skin, and ended up breaking me out a lot, mostly on my chin.

Pros:
Price
Cruelty-Free
I actually liked the scent

Cons:
Tub packaging
Broke me out
Doesn't play well with Benzoyl Peroxide

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

No animal testing - yeah! $3 on clearance at TJ Maxx. I really love this cream. I've been recovering from an awful cystic breakout from Ole Henriksen's Pure Perfection, and Alba Botanica is so soothing, very rich and thick without being greasy or heavy, and I only need a small dab to cover my entire face and neck. It just feels luxurious. I've used Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Night Cream for years, which is great, but am trying to go cruelty free, and I'm surprisingly impressed by the results of this Alba Botanica cream. It does smell a bit funny - like my father's aftershave when I was a child, or Irish Spring soap. But those bring back pleasant memories, so I can live with it.
I wake up with beautifully hydrated, plump skin that's a great canvas for makeup. And today I was able to go entirely makeup free for the first time in months, and feel comfortable with it! Yippee!

This is the only night cream I've used that hasn't clogged my pores. I have extremely dry cheeks that flake and no other moisturizer has been able to resolve this issue. It does have a strong scent that lingers, but it's bearable.

USD $14.99. I really, really wanted to love this with its natural ingredients and amazing price point. But, it just doesn't work for me.

The good: Texture is thick, dense and creamy. You need very little to get the maximum moisture. Great ingredients, comparable to La Mer. The bad: The container is cheap, flimsy plastic that could potentially break if you drop it (but that's ok at this price point and what you're getting in the pot). The really, really bad: crazy laundry-detergent scent. I mean, the kind that lingers on for hours and hours and gives you a headache. Most cosmetics scents wear off after absorbing in a few minutes. This just lingers on and is so strong! - so much that DH could smell it across the room couple of hours later. I'm sensitive to scented products but will bear with them if I like the product's results. I just couldn't take this after couple of days and will be returning it. I refuse to even use it as body lotion or hand cream - the smell is just that overwhelming to me.

So, awesome buy if you're ok with the scent. But if you have any kind of sensitivity - avoid!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this moisturizer! I have oily, acne-prone skin with redness.

I noticed that with consistent use of this, the redness of my skin went down, it took about 3-4 weeks before I noticed a difference. I also notice my skin overall looks nicer and even. Unlike some other nighttime moisturizers, this doesn't make my skin super oily! When I wake up my skin just looks nice and refreshed :), it moisturizes my skin nicely. Be careful about getting it too close to your eyes though, I notice that if I do my eyes get irritated.

Definitely recommend if you're looking for a moisturizer that will help with redness and that overall makes your skin even and refreshed.

I've had this for two months now and it seems like there's barely a dent in it. I honestly love this night cream. I use it in the day time too because I just have dry skin and it doesn't make me oily at all. when I wake up my face just looks renewed and moisturized. it's hard to explain how much I love this product. I have noticed change in my skin tone especially in my cheeks and the moisture seems very balanced out. and I love it's all natural so I know I'm not putting toxins in my face everyday. the smell is not overbearing. the texture is very thick and creamy, at first I was very skeptical because it looked very heavy but really it soaks into the skin very nicely. since I'm still on my first jar, I haven't bought any other lotions, and I've tried my best to stick with this until the end of it so I can fully see the effects but after these two months I don't think I can go with any other lotions. I recommend this to all skin types, it's worth the buy I promise.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a wonderful night cream. I have oily skin with an acne prone chin area. I've been using this for about 3 months now and I've noticed a huge difference in my skin. My complextion has evened out and my skin looks bright and my pores are much smaller. I use the Alba toner as well, I think in conjunction they work great. I love the smell, I don't find it too strong at all. It's a bit expensive for my budget but luckily it lasts long since it's a rich night cream you only need a small amount nightly.
Definitely my new night cream!

Almost EVERYTHING breaks me out. For the longest time I wasn't using anything on my face except water and a washcloth because I couldn't stand the breakouts--my skin is fine on its own for the most part, but the second I put any lotion on it it's a nightmare! But it was getting so dry around October this year, I caved and gave the moisturizer game another shot. This is so thick and moisturizing, not greasy at all, I always wake up with my face feeling soft and fresh. It has never broken me out and it feels so plush that I just enjoy applying it. It's on the thicker side but it sinks in really well, and I always apply it right after washing my face so it has a bit more slip. It doesn't feel heavy on the face in the slightest, and I've worn it under makeup and had no problems at all. It has a light smell but I can never smell it once it's actually on my face, and it doesn't bother my sensitive eyes even though I apply extra around my eye area.

I'd prefer a tube to a jar. The fact that I expose it to air every time I use it bothers me a bit. That and the jar itself isn't even air-tight... I haven't really noticed any fading of dark marks and I've been using it for maybe 5-6 months (with some breaks in between to experiment with other stuff) so I wouldn't recommend it for that. But I didn't buy it for that so it doesn't bother me. It's an excellent moisturizer, and I'm VERY happy with it. I've already repurchased.