July 30, 2014 | 2007 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Base Miracle – Pore Minimizing Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by rachelsxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I freakin love this primer! I usually use Glo Minerals which is also great but it's harder to buy, whereas I get this at my local Shopper's Drug Mart. I have combo acneic skin and this doesn't break me out and feel itchy (whereas Smashbox's did). It makes my skin feel silky smooth, softens my forehead lines and crow's feet and makes my makeup (I use Lisa Watier Mineral Pressed Powder and MAC or Nars Bronzer with Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick as highlighter) glide on better, stay on longer, and bonus, I don't have to use as much. I put my makeup on at 10 this morning, and at 5:00 pm, it's still entirely on!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This product is 40$ here in Canada. It's expensive, but i heard good reviews so i went ahead and bought it.
My skin is combination/oily (especially the forehead) and i apply makeup everyday of the week (primer + foundation + loose powder)
I'm always on the hunt for a good base, since my skin has a tendency to shine even 1-2 hrs after applying my makeup.
I wash my face with Xtrend life foaming wash and use Olay complete face moisturizer.

This primer does a good job reducing the shine and make my skin look airbrushed and flawless but it doesn't last. I have to blot my face as usual, and my makeup looks about the same as it does without the base.....So unfortunatly it's a waste of money for me. It doesn't minimize the pores either, which is kind of ironic since the name of the product is "pore minimizing primer". Oh well....too bad.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I got this product in a big sample size from a kit when they add their online warehouse sale. I think this product is a good product, just not for me. I have a sensitive, dry skin and this made my skin feels tight and not hydrated enough, even with an hydrating cream underneath it. I think it's more for those on the oily side. It does give a flawless beautiful matte finish, even over an hydrating cream and it does seems to diminish fine lines but I also had trouble with this primer going away in little balls of product when used with MUFE Hd foundation and with Elf HD power on top. The combination of this primer + the Elf HD powder made balls and after I was done, my foundation was gone. When used only with a little bit baby powder to set my foundation, it was great BUT my skin felt tight.

I used Benefit Porefessionnals and I liked it better; less silky but less problems with the following products.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by malloryh13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product! I've used other mattifying primers and this one hands down is the best. You only need a little bit and it holds you make up all day. I have really oily skin this plus my foundation my skin looks flawless. I highly recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 6:38:00 PM More reviews by keekz

I like this foundation because it does keep my skin more matte than any other primer I have tried, does not break me out, very few ingredients, and it is Canadian. I like the silky texture but I am not a fan of the packaging; I think a more hygenic way to dispose of the product would be a pump. Overall, I would definatley repurchase this item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Valerie84

I am about to buy my 3rd bottle of this primer. Do not be decieved by the size of the small bottle: a little goes a long way. The texture is smooth, velvetty, and satiny. It is not at all oily. My pores did appear much smaller, fine lines around my eyes were smoothed out, and my skin tone did appear slightly more even. It can also be worn without foundation. My skin texture was soft, non-oily, and smooth to touch. However, I have redness caused by hyper-pigmentation and combination skin. So, I decided to try the 3-in-1 Miracle Base Pro in Banane. I was not impressed. The yellow side beaded and did not blend. I ended up only using the Base Miracle side. I also have sensitive skin, and the Base Miracle Pro did not cause me to break out, turn red, flake, or feel tight. It did also help to minimize shine and control oil without drying. I will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/24/2011 10:57:00 PM More reviews by Dominique1536

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was told this would keep my foundation om my oily skin. However this just made my skin feel extremely oily before I even put foundation on! I tried it anyway and within 2 hours I had no makeup left at all! I couldn't believe this for $35 dollars! I would suggest this maybe if your skin is not oily at all but only maybe. Its quite expensive and the bottle sometimes let's too much out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 2:36:00 AM More reviews by princess101

This applies beautifully, gives a smooth appearance and does help to minimize the appearance of pores but doesn't help to keep the moisture in my skin. I find it slightly drying if I use this more than three days in a row; my cheeks begin to flake and I generally don't have a problem with dry skin.

Applying liquid products on top is great as it really grabs hold of the product. It gives me great oil control, but again, feels like it is stripping away moisture from areas that aren't oil-prone.

Price is $29 CDN .

Note:

Lise Watier 3-in-1 Base Miracle (primer w/ color correcting luminizer) is a great alternative for those needing color correcting and brightening.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2011 7:37:00 PM More reviews by reannahabib

This product applied to my face beautifully. Make up looked flawless. However after about 3 days of use I began to develop cystic acne that took about 3 weeks to completely clear up, and my skin usually never develops acne from using a product. I really want to love this product because of how flawless my skin looks when I use it, but my skin just does not seem to tolerate it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I own several primers and have tried and sampled quite a few others and, all things considered (price, results, how it feels on the skin), I would have to say that Base Miracle is the best of them all.

This is the best primer for "shrinking" the look of pores, at least temporarily. It makes the skin look flawless and poreless. Before I had redness in my cheeks to camouflage, I often wore this over my moisturiser, with no foundation at all because it really does impart a "perfect skin" look. Now I wear it under either liquid or powder foundation and it is still just amazing. It doesn't feel greasy or oily when first applied - more a velvety, almost "powdery" feel. It minimizes pores, keeps oily break-through at bay and makes a smooth base for any foundation you want to apply on top. It is so superior to products like Smashbox's Photo Finish primers (all of the various formulations). If you are looking for a great primer/perfector and you can get your dainty little mitts on this one, GRAB it! It's worth the trip to Canada, if you're near the US border!