August 1, 2014 | 890 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 7:37:00 AM More reviews by kikinokoko

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I read a lot of the reviews here on makeupalley first about the tea tree oil by The Body Shop and found that despite all the good claims and ravings about the product, it sounded too good to be true, and thus I felt a little skeptical. Furthermore I read a lot of complaints about the tea tree oil being only like 15% (correct me if I'm wrong, sorry!) actual tea tree oil. So, still wanting to find a product that would quickly and effectively take care of my break outs, I decided to buy the Tea Tree Oil Starter Kit sold by The Body Shop, so I would have a chance to try out all their products together, and oh, my, goodness. Let me tell you a thing, friend. This tea tree oil stuff is, amazing. Using a cotton pad (using a q-tip would have been so much better, but we were currently out), I applied a small amount of the tea tree oil to my acne and scars, after applying my toner, and after minutes I could feel my acne going down???? My skin felt smoother and softer, and in no time at all with repeated use each night before bed, where applied my acne was taken care of! I've already finished the bottle and tempted to go and buy another one!

However, having said that there are some things to be wary of. First of all, the smell isn't all too pleasant. I know a lot of people complain about it, however personally over time I came to quite like it, despite my intial dislike of it. The oil does burn your face a little, especially where you may have acne, so if you have very sensitive and easily irritatable skin, I reccomend you dilute the oil in the cap with some water (so if you use three drops, put it in the cap with a few drops of water!) Futhermore, the product is actually quite drying to the skin, however that's easily fixable, I usually used their tea tree skin clearing lotion (also quite drying!) and a moisturizing serum at night, in the day I used a moisturizing serum and physical sunscreen, which was more than enough to put the moisture back in my skin! Also, even though you only need a little bit of the stuff (two to three drops per application was more than enough), the price is quite expensive for such a small bottle!

All in all however I am pretty pleased with the product! Definitely would buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2014 5:18:00 AM More reviews by larosedechanel

I got Tea Tree Oil from The Body Shop as part of Tea Tree Skin Care Kit. The kit is on sale for $17.50 from $25. The oil alone is $9.50. I swear by this! The VERY first time I used it, I definitely had results. Another reviewer wrote: "I dot some on my blemishes at night & in the morning they are visibly reduced." My sister had the same results, too.

What I do is apply this is with a Q-tip directly on my breakouts. This tea tree oil can be used directly on skin or for facial steaming. This doesn't dry out my skin & it really does take care of my acne & blemishes. I know this doesn't sound believable, but this actually worked faster than Tea Tree Oil Skin Clearing Facial Wash!

My only complaint is that it's small for its price. Unfortunately, even though it's way too expensive, I know I'm going to keep buying it because I love & need it. It is a must have for people suffering with acne. This spot treatment is everything I want & more. HIGHLY recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/6/2014 3:16:00 PM More reviews by monka191

Fairly good quality , however the only question of mine is - Why all Body Shop products contain such a high content of alcohol?
This is one of the reason why I don't like using their products, as despite the fact that my skin is not sensitive at all, it always leaves my skin burning!

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

15% tea tree oil only. HIGH alcohol content. Doesn't help with pimples. Made my face oily and sticky. DON'T ever buy it. Try oxy pimple cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by chloeduuh

I have had acne my whole life, not an exaggeration my whole life. This is literally the ONLY thing that works for my skin. It has never been clearer. Seriously, I've done multiple rounds of Accutane, every medicine& topical my derm could think of and this has, by far, worked the best. In addition to my regular acne problems I was having cystic acne breakouts at least every month (when it was bad it lasted the whole month) due to a birth control change and decided to try this on a whim. It worked to calm my breakouts literally overnight. I now have the whole tea tree skincare routine from The Body Shop and even the blackheads on my nose have been disappearing. Tea Tree Oil is definitely my HG product for my skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/11/2014 1:14:00 AM More reviews by bettybear135

It worked for a day, than it broke me out:( I rlly wanted to like it cuz I had two bottles of this stuff but I gave it away:/

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by lalalalila

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This tiny bottle has worked wonders for me.

Yes, it's $9 (USD) for a minuscule bottle and smells like cheap tequila, but I'm willing to overlook these things because it really does help with breakouts.

The tiniest bit goes a very long way!

As soon as I can feel a pimple forming, I use a q-tip and gently dab a drop on the affected area (over my serum and underneath my moisturizer) and this literally stops the pimple in its tracks. I tend to break out during that time of the month, so what I do is add a few drops to my moisturizer to fight breakouts all day (and night). There have been numerous times where I've had an angry, red pimple and upon application of this tea tree oil, some of the swelling and redness have gone down in minutes. Yes, MINUTES!

I have clear skin in general and only suffer from the occasional breakout(s), so I can't vouch for this product for anything other than that.

Other reviewers have complained that this only contains 15% tea tree oil, but any stronger would be much too harsh for the skin...especially the face.

Since I literally only use a drop at a time, this small bottle will last me a long time.

I knocked off a lippy because the smell isn't pleasant and the packaging is a little inconvenient (I wish it came with a dropper). But other than that, amazing product!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/22/2014 3:52:00 AM More reviews by mxxlu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I went on a huge whim and bought a bunch of the Body Shop's products from their Tea Tree line. I've heard great things about tea tree oil for acne, so that's why I snagged a bunch from the body shop to test out. They were also having a big sale at the time.

None of the products calmed my acne, including this oil. This TINY bottle only contains 15% tea tree oil, and the rest of the ingredients are other chemicals. It really didn't do anything for me, I just kept breaking out - sometimes even worse than I usually do.

I have had pretty bad acne for about 5 years now, been looking for my holy grail product that will treat my face. This is NOT it. I suggest using 100% pure tea tree oil found at the health food stores. Those are purely natural and actually works much better on my skin compared to this product.

I also find their website very deceiving as the reviews published are all very high-rated and positive.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/2/2014 4:20:00 PM More reviews by littlestarface

For something so tiny it sure is pricey but does wonders. I do break out occasionally but don't have acne-prone skin. More blemishes if anything. If I do have a spot brewing I will immediately put this on it directly using a cotton bud after cleansing and moisturising.
If you have acne-prone skin or do break out I would definitely recommend this. You only need a few drops so don't waste the product.
Do not use this if you have dry skin as it's purpose is to dry the skin out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:50:00 AM More reviews by katarinapierce

AMAZING! I used to treat acne with this few years ago and completely forgotten about it. In recent months I have been suffering from a breakout in the forehead due to stress-I have tried everything-from Lush to other tea tree oil to scrubs. My acne improved, but is never completely gone. Then I remember the days when I had perfect skin I was using this product. I ran straight to the Body Shop and made my purchase. Oh-la-la!! It still works wonders. It shrinks my one bump in the forehead in minutes. No you didnt read it wrong, in minutes. I applied one drop directly onto the area and massaged it in with my finger. Within minutes the size of my pimple got significantly reduced!! Cannot wait to do the same before I go to bed tonight, I believe that my pimple will be completely gone by tomorrow morning! I am totally blown away and would definitely repurchase this product forever. It is a small bottle but considering you only need one drop at a time it is not expensive at all. I have tried much more expensive brands but this is the best! It does not lighten my scarring but I am satisfied. This is the only product I use from the tea tree line.