Chanel No.5

3.5

Finally I have tried a sample of the legend , and collected the courage to add my own review , this is not a scent , this is a legendary character , I feel it's alive ! That's why you should wait for the right time till you can deal with it ..To all young girls , or those who hadn't had the story of their life yet , wait & see ...I should also add it's a shape shifting perfume , the Mystique of the x -character , It kind of gives you the shape & conduct you have always have been a bit timid to do or try ..

on 4/24/2015 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

The thing with Chanel No 5 is that it really is acquired taste, especially on our time when the sweetest the fragrance the most acceptable from the general population.

There is also much talk about how reformulations ruined the once glorious No 5 so I got a vintage splash bottle of Eau de Cologne recently waiting for some kind of revelation like the one I had after experiencing both vintage Samsara and the current one. The opening is holy aldehydes galore and with prominent lemon and bergamot. As it evolves on the skin it becomes more powdery but not overpowering. There is noticeable musk at the drydown and it's incredibly well blended so I can't pinpoint individual notes but it never really warms up before fading.

That said, I appreciate it as piece of history since Chanel No 5 was something really novel for the time - and still very elegant in a tender, nostalgic way - but I'm mainly an oriental lover and my Chanel will always be Coco EDP. No 5 just feels totally out of place on my skin. It really is a fragrance for a true lady. Just not this lady ;)

on 3/19/2015 4:28:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This was first given to me by a friend someone gave her but the smell was too strong for her and she kept sneezing she said she felt like she couldn't breathe whatever. Anyways I'm really indifferent about this fragrance I don't love it I don't hate it. But I do prefer Coco mademoiselle

on 3/11/2015 12:24:00 PM

This perfume should be named "essence of grandma". It smells old and powdery. Simply horrific!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

(Sorry for my bad english, I'm working on it.) I can't give it one lippie. I just can't. It's a quality product: lasts a lot, has good aura, it's powerful. But it's just too much for me. It gives me nausea and headaches. I can't even stay in the same room when someone is wearing it. Maybe I'll learn to appreciate later in my life (tastes evolve with time) but right now is the antichrist in a bottle for me.

on 3/2/2015 2:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

I always love having a bottle this in the Parum Spray. However, the No. 5 body crème is unbelievable! Just a teeny, tiny dab give fabulous fragrance. My husband loves this. I put a very small amount on a week and two days ago and my after-bath sweats still smell No. 5.

on 3/2/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

if you are under 30 it may be too mature for you just like Chanel fashion is. It's a great classic scent not at all floral-more musky...definitely strong and lasting. I suggest using the bath gels over the stronger perfume. They are decadent and strong but don't leave such a strong scent behind.

on 2/12/2015 4:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

The scent of this perfume just too mature for my liking. If you like fresh floral scents, this is def not for you

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My No. 5 perfume literally spoiled and went sour because I couldn't bear to use it over the course of a few years. What a shame to waste such a pricey bottle of juice. All I can say is I'm one for unique, sexy, and sophisticated fragrances that nobody around me wears or can pinpoint. This one is old lady trapped in a bottle. I don't care if it's Chanel, which I covet. Men hate it and it gives me a headache.

on 1/29/2015 11:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This perfume is the sigh of a woman, sexy and relaxed, nonchalantly powerful, all-knowing and in touch with the senses. If you could smell the sound of feminine breath, No. 5 is it.
I need this every day, sprayed onto the pillow before bed at the least.

Popular Fragrances