October 30, 2014 | 1130 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2013 9:38:00 PM More reviews by brownit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I too, agree with the more recent reviews. They reformulated the product as well as the packaging. The previous version was thick, somewhat pasty and had fine granules that worked fabulously well. It even had a familiar smell of black licorice--even though I don't like black licorice, it smelled good. The newer, current version is runny with few granules. I don't feel any exfoliating benefit. It does not do the job and I will not purchase it again unless they return to the previous formula.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by MissKatieKBeauty

I agree entirely with the most recent reviews. This product used to be amazing until they reformulated it and got new packaging within the past 6 months. It now has minimal scrubbing ability and just doesn't seem to do the job at exfoliating, brightening my complexion, and preventing breakouts. It used to be my go to scrub. Very unfortunate.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by Jent77

This product has new packaging like the reviewer below me has and that doesn't bother but the reformulation is so saddening!!! This used to be the only scrub that worked perfect for me because it left my skin glowing rather than red like many other scrubs do. The beads were very fine and abundant. It was seriously a miracle product and now I wanna cry just thinking about how I didn't go to every Sally and snatch them before they were changed.

Do not buy the new version, I've tried it and used the whole tube, and it is awful. There's nothing to it, hardly has any beads at all and didn't do anything for my complexion. So so sad.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by nichayter

I just picked up a new tube of this scrub since I loved my first one so much that I actually used it all up. Unfortunately, this product has been repackaged/reformulated. It no longer smells bad but it now has way less scrubbies in it. Nowhere near as effective as it used to be. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2012 3:44:00 PM More reviews by hii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really like this! I just started exfoliating my face and I picked this up at sally's. It wasnt super expensive. It makes my skin feel soooo soft! I also think it helps with my oily skin. I love how easy it is to apply, i just apply a dot to my skin, forehead, cheeks, and nose then message for a minute or two. Its gentle enough for daily use which I love. I moisturize afterwords with equate moisturizer. I don't really care for the smell but it's not a big deal. GREAT product.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Mischievous1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I was a bit hesitant to try this scrub just because it felt kind of like small grains of sandpaper. Once I got it home and have used it a few times, I can say it's easily one of my favorite scrubs.
I use a makeup remover then I splash my face with water, and apply a warm washcloth a few times to my face to soften the skin. I then pat it a bit so it's still a bit damp. Then I use the scrub very gently on the skin. You have to really take your time using this because if you scrub too hard and fast you may end up with red skin. I scrub for a few minutes ever so lightly with the tips of my fingers. Wash it off and apply my toner, moisturizer and a little bit of the Beyond Belief Vita C antioxidant serum. Within minutes my skin looks so smooth (like I just had a facial!) and glowing. It was like I detoxed my skin . The next day it looks even better. I would recommend using this no more than 2x a week if you have a sensitive skin--maybe more if you have really clogged, oily skin that isn't smooth. It works amazing on the roadmap of black heads i have on my nose.
On the down side it has a bit of a peroxide chemical smell to it mixed in with a black licorice scent. It also tends to be quite drying so definetly use a bit of extra moisturizer and serum.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 6:33:00 PM More reviews by thebobcat64

I just bought this because Sally's is having a buy one get one on Beyond Belief products. I didn't expect much, but when I woke up the next morning my skin tone was even.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2012 10:17:00 PM More reviews by Bunnylayke

This is perfect for anyone who is struggling with clogged pores. This scrub helped keep my pores clear and smaller-looking.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/16/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by tstimbert

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: After trying Beyond Belief Vita C+ Exfoliating Apricot Citrus Scrub (better smell, but fewer grains, less effective), I have a new appreciation for the ABH Deep Pore Scrub. Unfortunately, when I went back to Sally Beauty to repurchase, I saw that Beyond Belief is reformulating, discontinuing or repackaging, and upping the prices all of their products. The new scrub in the ABH line is called "ABH Exfoliating Facial Scrub". It no longer has the anise smell (thank God) or the perfect concentration of scrubbies (oh God). I'm heartbroken. Run to Sally's NOW to pick up a clearance tube of the discontinued stuff.

REVIEW: I love how many grains/scrubbies there are in this! They are so concentrated in the cream and super tiny. The first time I used it, I was unimpressed with how gritty and harsh it felt, but once I rinsed it off, I was amazed at how baby-butt-smooth my face was.
I never really noticed a decrease in my pore size with use, but after I went a week or two without using it, I did notice that my pores looked a little clogged, and I really think this helped keep the clogs at bay.
My suggestion is to use it on damp skin your first time. I personally scrub dry for half the time and finish scrubbing with wet hands. This makes it a little easier to rinse it all off.
Since my skin is dehydrated more than flaky, I use this about 3 times a week.
Love it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 12:40:00 PM More reviews by sarahgorn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

HG skincare product. Seriously. This cleared up my acne 99% with nightly use and made my skin so ridiculously smooth. I have scars on my cheeks from milia I had as a baby and this has even helped those look better. I normally use this as a mask in the shower at night. I put it on, let it sit while I wash my body, shave my legs, etc., then gently scrub as I rinse it off. I haven't had any issues with dryness from this product either. I will definitely repurchase and am planning to check out the other Beyond Belief ABH products. It was $8 at Sally Beauty Supply.