Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 8/1/2015 11:21:00 AM

My HG eyeshadow primer! I typically only use UD eye shadows, so I've received numerous times free samples of the primer with many purchases. I notice immediately after applying my lid is smooth, color is even, and the finish is silky, not sticky. I never find it creases at all, even on hot summer days. The application is what makes me really want to use a primer every time. The process is so wonderful, I notice a HUGE difference between the pigmemts and the finish when I use this primer and the application is smooth and flawless. Definitely helps to try to reduce the dreaded UD fallout as well. If you're like me and blend blend like crazy, this stuff will take your eyes to the next level. Also, I've found that this primer works best with any UD shadows. The reason? UD chemists formulate their products to compliment each other. Meaning that this primer is meant to work best with their shadows and vice versa. I've found that one tube of a smaller "travel" size from Ulta lasts me nearly 6 months. It's so worth every penny!

on 7/30/2015 11:07:00 PM

I have to be in the minority with this one, because I'm just not in love with this primer. I've never purchased a full sized one (I got mine in combos with eyeshadow pallets, or as samples), and I probably never will because I can't justify paying that much for a primer that doesn't work much/any better than ones I've had from the drugstore.

I love UD for their cruelty-free policy, and for making really great makeup overall, but I think this primer is just ok.

I'm not sure what it is, but this one irritates my eyes sometimes and I have to remove it. I don't have that problem with other primers.

It does keep my shadow looking great, but no better than others I've used. The only reason I like this one better than others I've tried is because it almost works like a concealer on my eyelids, so I can just use it by itself under shadow. With a lot of eyeshadow primers, I have to use concealer (or at least foundation) first to mask the purplish tone on my eyelids.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

WOW.......so I got this on a school trip to pairs from Sephora 2 years ago and it wasn't cheap (about 15 Euros ish) but I noticed the difference instantly, it's easy to apply. It lasts ages and works really well with my oily eyelids and I've never seen it crease. a few weeks ago I had a water fight and this stuff made my eye shadow look like I'd just applied it even after being splashed in the face. defiantly would buy again, plus its packaging is adorable

on 7/26/2015 6:19:00 PM

I've tried the ELF primer and also Shadow Insurance by TF, but I like the Primer Potion the best. On my lids, my shadow lasts ALL DAY with no creasing. I tested all 3 with the same shadow on my hand and the color was more vibrant when using the primer potion. I've been using it for over a year and have not gotten bored with it, yet.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Gimme a C
Gimme an R
Gimme an E
Gimme an A
Gimme an S
Gimme an E

Yupp this creases beyond belief. And the price is insane! Steer clear and buy ELF or a Maybelline Color Tattoo instead.

My favorite eye primer to ever exist. My eyeshadow NEVER creases with this stuff. I just wish Urban Decay hadn't discontinued the squeeze tube.

on 7/22/2015 2:35:00 PM

Great product. Easy to apply with small brush or finger. Works great with any eye shadow as it really brings out the pigment in the shadow and holds it. I have come home from nights out and have left it on overnight and it will be perfect the next morning(I don't recommend leaving makeup on🙈!). It just shows the power this base has and I love it!

on 7/21/2015 8:14:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

This product works, it definitely does.
I have gone through a lot of hormonal changes so my skin has been oily, dry, flaky, and sensitive. This primer keeps ANY eyeshadow on all day, no creasing, no smudging, no fading. It is awesome! The only reason I took a lippie off is because of the price. I now use Wet N Wild Fergie take on the day e/s primer and it works JUST as well, at a fraction of the price.

on 7/21/2015 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product!! It is so light and easy to apply. It does exactly what it says.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I first bought this primer five years ago for an event I was going to - I needed my eyeshadow to be creaseless and long-lasting. The UD Primer Potion did exactly that. Although the applicator (bottle version) was a bit unsanitary and annoying to use, this product was and still is my HG primer. Creamy in texture, not fragranced so as to irritate my sensitive skin, and it actually does the job!

I have slightly oily lids, but a dry skin type. I apply a very VERY small amount of primer on my finger and apply across my lid up to my brow bone, and on my lower lash line - a little goes a long way. For the tube (which is a huge improvement, but is still a tad unsanitary), I suggest shaking it a bit because it does separate if you don't use it every day; this does make a noticeable difference in the performance of this product. I do this after priming my face, and once my face is done the eye primer is ready to work.

If you use your fingers when applying eyeshadows, beware! Once this primer dries, it is very difficult to blend with fingers. If you are just applying a wash of colour, fingers still work great. I use a blending brush on my crease, and eyeshadow over this primer is still very blendable if you use a brush.

This primer is fantastic, the tube has lasted me just over a year! I would prefer if it was cheaper, which is why I took one lippie off. But this is a staple in my makeup bag for sure!

Video Reviews & Tutorials