April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by sparklygrass

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this magical potion!
keeps my eyeshadows vibrant and intense all day and night.
It glides on so smooth and perfect.
I have the bottle with the wand so it kinda sucks because I loose a lot once its finished as I can't get the rest that's at the bottom and around the edges.
But the newer squeezy tubes look perfect.
bit pricey but a little goes a long way so it's worth the money x

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by mnbeth

For a long time I was content to use the e.l.f. eyelid primer from Target, which cost just $1...it worked great and I was thrilled to have such a cheap, decent-lasting product. Over time, though, the e.l.f. primer started to irritate my lids and make them itch. That was the perfect opportunity for me to try the Urban Decay primer, which I'd been wanting to do but was balking at the $20 cost. I have to say, best 20 bucks I ever spent! A little goes a long way and my eye makeup stays put all day. I have hooded lids, so I often had problems with my eyeshadow and/or liner transferring or wearing off; not so anymore! I have absolutely no Cons with this product, only Pros. It's lightweight, incredibly long-lasting, and gentle on my sensitive lids. Some may consider the price as out of their budget, but I promise it's well worth the $20 investment!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Marisola03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this primer, stays on all day. I tried other primers just give them a try even Mac didn't work for me......so by far best primer and a little goes a long way..... And it will last forever, only primer I trust

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 2:18:00 AM More reviews by heavymetalqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have the oiliest eyelids, so I absolutely need to wear primer. The price was a little more than I usually pay for makeup ($24 CDN at Sephora), but I was willing to give it a try. I used to use Benefit's Lemon-aid primer, which is fine when just wearing eyeliner, but recently I've been dabbling in eyeshadow and by the end of the day I'd be creasing so badly, it looked terrible!

I looove the packaging, and the new tube with the needle nose is really great. You only need a tiny drop of this stuff per eyelid, a little goes a long way.
Recently I've been using Maybelline Color Tattoo and the E.L.F. everyday palette eyeshadows; with this primer I can do my eyes at 10am, go through my day, come home in the wee hours of the next morning and everything still looks like I practically just put it on!

Overall, this is an amazing product and I'd recommend it to anyone! Definitely one of my favourite high-end products.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:27:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Impressive. I have extremely oily eyelids, nothing stays. I used Lumene primer in the past, which was cheap and did a decent job but last time I purchased it the formula was different (more liquid and less paste-like) and it no longer worked. So I picked up UD instead. Apart from the really stupid cap on the tube, the product itself is great. Now my eyeshadow actually stays on all day. There is hardly any creasing. Okay, there is still a tiny little bit, but I can live with that - people whose lids are not so extremely oily as mine will probably not see any creasing at all. There is a bit of transference (dark liner transfers a "shadow" to the crease) but again that does not bother me so much and it doesn't actually look bad - it's just inevitable the way my eyelids are structured, and this product keeps it to a minimum. A+

rated 3 of 5 on 4/16/2014 11:00:00 PM More reviews by Teenitinytina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have tried many cult primers and some drug store ones but nothing really helps with stamping of eyeliner (hooded eyes problem). I still use it though as without primer my eye make up would be a mess within 20 mins of application.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by elijes

I can't even wear eyeshadow without it anymore!

Lovely creamy texture that dries pretty fast, easy to apply, perfect skintone for my pale skin (yellow undertones), really makes my colours pop and they last ALL DAY. And I have "oily" eyelids - even shadows that boast the most staying powder manage to crease into a thin line after an hour or so.

A little on the expensive side but a little goes a long way so it's totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by Heechul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I am reviewing the original UDPP that is in the "genie bottle", not the squeeze tube. I'd been hoarding a tube that was being sold aboard a boat I was on from London to France, and I had an opportunity to shop so I took it.

However, in the time between finishing up my first few bottles of UDPP and to the present, I had a love affair with TSFI and Nars' eye primer, and initially, I just thought I'd moved onto another eye primer without a difference.

Now that I've returned to using the UDPP, my eyeshadows do crease after a certain amount of time, but it does look better than without a primer. After finishing this up, I will probably return back to TSFI or Nars. They seem to last longer on my eyelids which are prone to being oily.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Just another review about the infamous UDPP! I have been using the UDPP primer samples from the Naked 3 palette and a few years ago I used to have a full size UDPP. I love having some colour on my eyelids, it gives a brightening effect and conceals a bit of veins saying hello. The primer definitely is long lasting The problem is, I've begun to experience oily eyelids, so the primer is gathering in the crease and kind ruining my makeup. UDPP is still an excellent primer, however, I will likely get NARS primer for oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Jennirocketz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

LOOOOOOVE IT❤️

It really makes my eyeshadows last all day with no creasing. Perfect for oily lid type of ggals or summer looks. Nice neutral color which evens out lids. Pasty, thick texture, easy to spread even though its thick. I had it for almost two years and still have more than a quart left. Its a bang for your buck. Pricey: yes
Worth it: yes
A little goes a long way!!!
Urban decay you have done it again BRAVO!
For reference I have the new squeeze tube!