September 17, 2014 | 920 users online

Powder - Laura Geller - Balance-n-Brighten Baked Color Correcting Foundation (All Shades)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this in Fair and Medium (summer requires a darker shade) and it's just OK on its own. I find the staying powder is minimal even with primer. I use it as finishing powder over BB cream. Adds a hint of shimmer...not too much...I guess that's where the "brightening" part comes into play. I don't play on repurchasing, just finishing up what I have.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/24/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by rapsong

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This foundation is just okay. It has an orangish hue which doesn't quite match my skin tone and I think it gets oranger throughout the day...it also doesn't noticeably brighten my skin, it seems to actually do the opposite. I like pur minerals foundation a lot better than this stuff. But like I said, it's not terrible. It's just expensive and kind of a let down.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by j0j0

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After having tried LG's Bronze & Brighten and several of the baked blushes (all of which I love!), I decided to give the Balance & Brighten a go. I couldn't really decide which color would best suit me from the photos online, so I purchased both the "Fair" and the "Medium" (a.k.a. "Regular"). I am SO very happy with this product! I am surprised at some of the negative feedback, but everyone's different. I have fair/medium skin and both colors work well, surprisingly...although "Fair" is a slightly more close color match for most of the year, while "Medium" is a better match during the warmer months. I have tried this both on its own, and over light foundation. It's good on its own and has nice coverage for a powder foundation, probably about medium coverage. I would compare the coverage to EM's matte formula, but I think the LG finish is much nicer. For higher coverage and a more perfected "airbrush" finish, it goes well over a light foundation, BB cream or tinted moisturizer. I have comination skin, erring on the oily side, and I have never experienced oxidation or "turning orange" with this product, either used alone or with foundation. The consistency is so buttery smooth and soft, and I find that it definitely corrects and balances the tone and covers any redness. It literally makes my pores disappear. Having said that, I DO have to touch up a time or two throughout the day if it's particularly warm out and I'm getting oily. But, keep in mind that this is a powder FOUNDATION and not a setting powder. So, the same rules would apply to this product as they would to a liquid or cream. I really don't mind though, as it looks fantastic. The price is definitely steep, but I can see this compact lasting quite a long time, even with daily use. It's so finely milled and just a little bit gets so much done. Between this, the Bronzer, and the baked blush - my face has never looked so nice! Definitely an LG convert. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by sexyrishey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this everyday! And I am a Laura Geller converted! This is such a good product as its not cakey or over the top. It blends really well. Am using the medium one. The only down side with this it makes my skin oily but probably its because of my skin texture. But over all i love this and would recommended to all my friends.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2014 8:14:00 PM More reviews by Mozart68

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Lots of mica, lots of talc
I really wanted to love this product. What could be easier - a magical foundation that you can carry in your purse and touch up on the go... But it's not to be. This makeup has too much glowy-shiny mica, and it just looked bad on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by Angeni

I bought this on qvc and got this product in a makeup kit, I am glad I did. Because of quality and steep price! I have oily skin and old acne spots and this foundation provided sheer coverage with one application and your flaws still show through, you can build up the coverage for more of medium overall coverage which does help but you will use allot product at thirty-three dollars a pop! I notice that the foundation brush which came with the kit when I went to use in the balance n brighten foundation it made the baked powder turn to dust and most of product went up in that air! after hour or two foundation oxidized on my face and turned a shade darker then my skin tone. As, for my oily skin I even used the spackle primer and I had put makeup on at 0700 by 1200 my forehead was very greasy. I would not buy this product again unless I read reviews in future which say these issues have been address, I do not know if it is just me, but I expect quality especially when I pay for it. If your looking for a good foundation that is light to medium coverage and feels good on skin I recommend BB matte cream by dimtri james. it controls oil and minimizes pores.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/6/2014 7:13:00 AM More reviews by Wopbopaloobop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Horrible coverage, felt tight and scratchy on my skin, and I hated the way it looks cakey. I immediately washed it off and later returned. I have no idea how this product is great for anyone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by starladear

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this stuff. I do not use it on its own over my whole face, but I need to cover a lot of hyper-pigmentation and tone issues. This is my final layer of coverage after BB cream everywhere, foundation on hyper pigmentation along jawline, concealer under eyes and on blemishes. So on my nose, forehead, chin I use this over BB cream. This gives extra oomph to my covering cosmetics but is not heavy at all. I wear a lot of cover, but when the front parts of my face have only this and BB cream, it doesn't look obvious that I have so much makeup on. It is really perfectly between a powder and a foundation--a powder that really and truly covers. I vary my covering regime sometimes, but I never skip this. Love it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by HiGayle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Fair off of Hautelook for $20 which is at a considerable discount, I think the regular price is $35. What I like about this powder is that it sets my liquid foundation or bb cream nicely. I get a polished look with very little effort. (That's the way I like my makeup maximum effect for minimal effort.) It wears all day for me which is considerable since I do live in a humid environment. Also it does not look cakey or heavy, another big bonus since I a fan of the no makeup makeup look.

I dislike the compact design. Why half a mirror? Who's gonna say, "hey, I don't need a whole mirror when applying powder."? Other than that, it's notable that this powder doesn't come with an applicator, not a problem for me because I usually use my own puff or brush at home, but it could be inconvenient for those who want to retouch on the go.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2014 3:19:00 AM More reviews by nudylipstickgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tried at the Ulta store. I was a nice texture and wasn't too drying or cakey. I tried this in Medium and at first the finish was beautiful medium light coverage, but after an hour or two I notice it has some slight oxidation and somewhat looked slightly tannish, which looked strange against my light olive skin. I hope they will come out with this in colors for those with no orangy/ tannish hues one day. I might go back and try the light to see what happens.