November 28, 2014 | 880 users online

Lotions/ Creams - LUSH - Fair Trade Foot Lotion

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2014 1:51:00 AM More reviews by DJCupcakes

This is a relatively thin, lightweight lotion. It is bubblegum pink and smells of mint and arnica. I wasn't crazy about the smell at first. I do like mint, but I don't find arnica the most pleasant scent. However, like many odd, not-entirely-bad-but-not-entirely-good sorts of smells, it grew on me and now I can appreciate the freshness of the smell.

I smooth this on at night and put socks over the top. The mint and arnica do feel wonderful on the feet. The tingly coolness is lovely when your feet are hot, tired, and overworked, and the slight numbing sensation of the arnica is lovely if your feet are sore or crampy.

This is moisturizing, for sure, but I wish it was a bit thicker. My experience with foot moisturizers is that they are usually quite thick and heavy. Fair Trade Foot Lotion feels very emollient due to all the oils and butters in it, but the consistency is still rather on the thin side. My feet are chronically rough and dry, so I feel as though I can never get enough moisture in them. FTFL would probably be plenty thick enough for someone with normal to slightly dry feet.

Overall, I think this is a solid product. I do sometimes still need to layer another, heavier moisturizer over this one when my feet are going through a truly bad dry spell. But it does a lovely job at soothing my feet and providing the essential base moisture, and it also does a great job at keeping the cuticles on my toenails nice and healthy.

(Note: This product doesn't have to be refrigerated, but I like to keep mine in the fridge for an extra cooling feel when I apply it.)

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by AGeron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

This one was an impulse buy to be honest, I don't really use lotion for my feet they don't get dry nor flaky. I smelled the product and it just smelled heavenly, anything with citrus base or mint I'm usually a sucker for. I've been trying it for about 2 weeks and I put it before bed. Didn't really notice a big change except maybe it's a bit softer but overall don't think I will be it again, don't get me wrong it might work but I have no basis of the result since my feet wasn't in need of "foot care" :p. I think it needs to be repeated that the smell is wonderful, the minty smell lingers and I can still smell is when I wake up! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 5:52:00 AM More reviews by amoenaonline

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love the scent of this, smells absolutely amazing. I also love the way the product looks. It's like strawberry quark. It gives a nice cooling effect... But it's not super moisturizing. It moisturizes as much as any regular body lotion. If you want intense moisture, this is not for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by jetera21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a gift from heaven! I now work in a warehouse, where I'm constantly walking between 8 to 10 hours a day. After about six months, it started taking a painful toll on my feet. It was to the point where after taking off my shoes after work, it was extremely hard to walk, period! Certain parts of my feet were becoming numb and I even had a toe that started tingling. That really scared me to the point where I had to call my podiatrist. I couldn't get an appointment that worked with my schedule, so I continued to be in pain. One day shopping, I went to the Lush counter just to browse, when the SA asked if I needed anything in particular. I told her about my feet without thinking (because my feet were sore then) and she introduces me to Fair Trade Foot Lotion. This stuff is amazing!!!! I've been using it for three weeks now and my feet have completely healed.The numb parts are coming back to life and the pain is gone! Point. Blank. Period! I don't know how Lush did it, but this stuff saved my feet. Yes it's a bit pricey for foot lotion, but you get a good amount of product, that's going to last for a long time, seeing you don't need much. I'm actually considering giving this stuff out as Christmas gifts to some of my friends at work. If you're having foot pain, invest in Fair Trade, because your feet are precious and have to be cared for.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by amswtr

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

First off I am a Lushie. I love Lush. They have amazing products and they have some crappy products. Thankfully, this is a good product. I work as a nurse, working 12 hour shifts. I'm on my feet most of that time so needless to say, I have jacked up feet. My feet are dry, they tend to crack too. I wanted a good foot lotion. Fair trade foot lotion is pretty awesome and here's why: 1. It smells like mint and chocolate (i think I get a chocolate smell from the cocoa butter). 2. It's pepto bismol pink and this will keep my husband from using it because he'll be fooled into thinking you can only use it if you have a vagina due to the color. 3. The texture isn't too thick. It doesn't leave a film behind but it did create a tingly feeling. My feet felt soft and smooth after application. 4. You only need a small amount. Even though it's expensive, a tub will last a long time.
I like to keep my lotion in the fridge to keep it firm. Overall, it's a good product and I would recommend it. If you live near a Lush then I'm jealous of you but also, you can go into your local lush and they are always willing to demo products for you and give samples. I went to a Lush last September, I drove 1.5 hours to get there. I think the sales girls demo'd about 10 products for me. I ended up spending $300 so be sure to sell a kidney or rob a bank before you go. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by hriz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, love this one. Surprisingly it helped me with a foot crack I had. It was a small tiny one on my heel, and quite persistent - I tried Uriage waxy stuff on it to no result. So, the pros:
- it works
- nice smell
- refreshes after sports
cons:
- colors bed sheets

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2012 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Musoukakitty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product has to be my favorite lush product and its a gift from god. I didn't try this for a 'lotion' effect(though it is alright at that)I bought it because its designed to help relax muscles.

This doesn't work amazing after your feet already hurt, but I apply it ever morning before work(Cashier and on my feet all the time) and it prevents 80% of the pain I got without it. I will continue to use it.

The only real con I have is that it can change consistency in heat and become a little runny after a while. Meaning if the tub is knocked over it can leak, but putting it in a spot where it won't fixes that.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 4:06:00 AM More reviews by maliciousdelicious

I don't remember what this looked like when I first bought it, but it didn't take too long for this product to disintegrate into a very thin pinkish watery oily liquid in my hot climate. Plus, the jar is really not suitable for a product of this consistency, unless it was originally a buttery creamy texture. It was never cooling as far as I can remember and it's too runny to really moisturize. I'm not too picky about what I put on my feet so I'm still trying to get through it.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/19/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by justwannabepretty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have really really dry skin on my feet area and this product didn't seem to do much for it. It wasn't anything great for my feet so I started using as a moisturizer when my moisturizer got over just because I had spent money on it and couldn't let it go waste. Its really moisturizing for a normal moisturizer I swear I haven't had a more moisturized skin than what it gave me only if other Lush moisturizers were as good, so I would have bought it again as a normal moisturizer but a bubblegum smelling body lotion? Don't think so.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:48:00 AM More reviews by Ollyli

Nothing spectacular, I won't miss it when it's gone. It doesn't really moisturize that well.