July 29, 2014 | 1591 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by JALT

I use foundation to simply even out my skin tone and cover up minor imperfections and most people think I don't wear any makeup at all. I find liquid foundation to be extremely messy and hard to work with, so I always use a cream-to-powder foundation. I apply Dream Matte Mousse (shade: Light 2) with a sponge for light coverage and I never feel like I have too much makeup on. It goes on heavier and smoother when newly purchased/opened and then I find myself having to apply more product to the sponge once the pot is about half empty.

The only drawback is that I find that I discard the last third of the product every time because it no longer performs/covers in the same way, but I re-purchase the brand over and over again. This is my favourite! It's smooth, easy to apply, and lasts all day on my normal skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2014 3:01:00 PM More reviews by BelleWoods

I'm here to warn you NOT to buy this foundation! I purchased it years ago, and admittedly it was stupid of someone with reasonably dry skin to purchase this foundation, but that wasn't the main problem I had! Firstly, the packaging is basically inviting bacteria and contamination, as well as oxidisation. It's difficult to get out the amount you want too. Minus the novelty of poking it and it being a mousse, there is absolutely nothing I liked about this foundation. Firstly, the colour range was appalling, with most of the choices having an orange undertone. Next, this product simply refuses to blend, and therefore it's difficult to get the amount of coverage you want, plus you're likely to end up looking either patchy or cakey. This foundation is horribly drying... It doesn't absorb oil, it simply dries out your skin- I know people with incredibly oily skin who still reported the same issue. I also had a lot more breakouts with this product. I detest this product with a passion, big waste of money, I wouldn't even accept this product for free.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by BoundlessBeauty

Just purchased this foundation at my local CVS. Typically I only use MAC, Clinique, or Lancome foundation, but this is a fabulous foundation. I love the mousse aspect of the product and it offers great coverage. I am in the lightest shade, so I find that some foundations give me an orange tinted complexion, but this does not at all. I am, thus far, impressed with this product and would definately repurchase. I find that this foundation is fairly pigmented; therefore, a little will go a long way. I apply a small amount of the product using my beauty blender and it blends fabulously. The product also makes my skin feel soft and natural, unlike other foundations which can feel sticky. Overall, the product works well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 11:00:00 AM More reviews by shones22

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a really good drugstore foundation. I have the palest shade and it doesn't run too orange on my skin and it hasn't oxidised either. I apply with my fingers or real techniques foundation brush and it applies easily. It blends well but will stick to dry patches but am not too bothered by them during the summer so this is a good seasonal foundation for me now but perhaps not come winter. The finish is lovely. It feels nice on and gives a semi matte look. The coverage is decent, comparable with lancome teint idole as is the finish. It does slide off my nose, just doesn't last long there although no foundation does but this does not have the lasting power of double wear. I wouldn't expect it to at the price but this is a good purchase for forty something, oily t zone and sensitive skinned ladies. Have had no reaction to it. Unlike other reviewers it hasn't balled up on my skin. Quite chuffed with it, a wee bargain.
It comes in a jar so not very hygienic but it's inexpensive and gives a good result better than many high end foundations I have encountered.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by missmetal

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is fantastic for coverage. love it. its also very light weight

rated 4 of 5 on 7/22/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Tropicll

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I didn't really use it as a foundation, more as a concealer.
As I had dry patches around my nose, any normal concealer would irritate it and make it sore and flaky but this was the only concealer to keep it at bay and not dry it out even more!
More on the orangey side, but it was workable.
Extremely blendable with a matte-satin finish leaving your skin really soft!
Loved the texture of this, it was really unique.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by nikitam96

love the product, I have a hard time finding a foundation that matches my skin tone and covers up the redness I have on my cheeks and I found it does a great job of it. it seems like you don't get much, compared to other foundations but alittle bit of this foundation works just as good as you'd you with any other. The only thing I didn't like was the price, but it was worth it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2014 4:50:00 PM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

I remember using this in my last months of high school, and I hated it! The texture of this foundation feels really nice when you touch it but when you spread it on your face it is unblendable! My skin tone is yellow under toned and I found the closest match for my shade looked too muddy and orange on my face. Also, this thing sets into large pores and dry skin patches like it is nobody's business! If you have oily skin like mine, you'll notice this doesn't have oil control at all either. It is just a terrible product. And coverage is not that great for redness and acne scars. If you have smooth, near perfect skin, this could work for you but otherwise, give a shot to other much BETTER drugstore foundations please. I really suggest you don't waste your money on this :(

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 4:19:00 PM More reviews by jlyox92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have used this foundation for years and years. I tried liquid foundations to begin with but I always hated the way they felt on my skin, like I was wearing a mask of foundation. The mousse is really light on my skin and it definitely gives the best matte effect of anything I've tried.

I usually apply with my fingers and haven't had any problems with blending it. I do find it tricky to get out of the pot when I have longer nails either getting nothing or getting it all stuck under the nails, the only real problem I have with this product. This can be fixed by using a brush but I find it harder to ensure an even coverage, plus I always end up losing my foundation brush anyway!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by brainyforester7

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i have used dream matte mousse for almost 2 years now and i will never buy another base again. i love this product bc unlike liquid it evens your skin and feels so light on your face. i hate the liquid now bc i feel so stiff and the smell if awful. i love the way mousse feels this product is worth every penny. love it love it love it