October 1, 2014 | 1439 users online

Foundations - Maybelline - Dream Matte Mousse

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by TropicalLana

I am. So pale.
Like, pale to the point I need sunscreen at night. (Okay, maybe not, but I'm close.) I like Maybelline foundations/powders because it means that I'll have a pretty wide range of color choices for my skin. I use the lightest that they make, which happens to be 'porcelain ivory'. It comes in a little glass container, and it is plenty for 1-2 months use depending on how often you use it.
This is stuff is THICK. If you are looking for a lot of coverage, this is definitely your thing. It blends exceptionally well, and if you have moderately clear skin and use some finishing powder it's really hard to tell you're wearing foundation! The problem with it is that it is thick, meaning if you wear it all day, it will clog your pores.
And you will get acne.
And you will be sad.
So with that in mind, great stuff! Cheap and you can buy it at CVS.
Just be aware and wash your face very well after wearing it!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by kmjvkmp

Hello All ,

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW AND TAKE IT INTO STRONG CONSIDERATION.

First I would like to say thanks to all those who do these reviews if it wasn't for them I would be lost as to the good and bad effects to so many products !

It is in my STRONG RECOMMENDATION that you do not use this product it is very harmful long term to your skin in my own experience and opinion.

I used this product for almost 2 years and loved the coverage and smooth finish , then about 5 months ago I started to break out on my chin and and a little on my cheeks and a lot on my forehead. Before using this product I had pretty good skin I would maybe get a zit here or there around my monthly period nothing serious. Then all the sudden I was getting mild to moderate acne and hyper-pigmentation , I was lost I chalked it all up too stress, hair products and coconut oil ( which is also not always great for everyone as a face moisturizer due to its high comedogenic rating but thats another review) but never once did I think it was due to my cover up.
Then I came on her and read similar stories how after prolonged use others where experiencing serve acne breakouts due to this product and it turns out prolonged use of silicone on the skin can cause severe irritation and acne as well as the fact that the packing is a pool for bacteria being in a little pot in which you constantly are using a make up tool to touch all the contents of the pot daily versus a pump or squeeze bottle.

The ingredients in this product to avoid are :
dimethicone, dimethicone copolymer, hydrogenated jojoba oil, trimethicone

Anything with a "cone" at the end is a silicone and can prove terrible for you skin after prolonged use unfortunately its in a ton of products including shampoo , conditioner , creams and lotion etc. Please save your self and avoid these products.
Note : Avoid any cover up in stick form they are the worst of the worst for silicones.

I also listed Jojoba oil because I read that if you can avoid oils in your make up its much better for your skin as they can clog your pores preventing them from breathing.

For many months I was trying everything natural and powerful and proven to heal my acne but it persisted to come back and in some places turn cystic or create little bumps ( clogged pores ) in certain areas. I even switched to Maybelline Mineral Foundation another Big NO NO it is even worse that the Maybelline Dream Mousse. Needless to say I have switched brands and now my skin has started to heal so much faster than before. But I warn you save yourself the trouble its not worth the risk or heart ache to use this product.

My new make- up alternative is Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Lifting and firming effect
which is :
Hypoallergenic , Fragrance Free , Gluten Free , Paraben Free , Dermatologist Approved , Non- Comedogenic

LOOK UP THE REVIEWS FOR IT AND FOR EVERYTHING YOU CHOOSE TO PUT ON YOUR SKIN .
READ AND KNOW THE INGREDIENTS AND DON'T BE FOOLED BY A FEW NATURAL INGREDIENTS OR NATURAL PRODUCT CLAIMS DO YOUR RESEARCH :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by chrstnalauren

This is one of my favourite foundations.

I have very oily skin and often have a hard time finding a foundation that will stay matte all day. But then I found this one at the drug store and decided to give it a shot. I am so happy that I spent the money and tried this out.

The texture is very bizarre, it almost feels like it's dry and the application at first is very thick but after blending it all in the outcome is beautiful! I have finally found the perfect solution to my oily skin.

First I put on my lightweight foundation, followed by this... and then a pressing powder and let me tell you, my makeup looks the same at night as it did in the morning. No need for re-application.

I recommend this product to anyone who is looking for good coverage and an all day matte coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2014 12:28:00 PM More reviews by MakeupMeggs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down my favorite foundation. I have SUPER oily skin and this foundation stays on all day! Coverage is great, feels lightweight, I will continue to buy as long as they sell it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2014 4:36:00 PM More reviews by lauren97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

If you have dry skin like me, DO NOT BUY THIS. It makes flakes way more visible and even makes them appear worse than they are! The color was great, but it did not work well with my dry skin at all. Eventually I mixed it with a really nice facial moisturizer and it worked better. The reason I give this product such a good review is because I know a lot of people that have somewhat oily skin that are in love with this foundation. It makes their skin look flawless. It is a pretty heavy product, so don't go for it if you are looking for a more natural look. It's a really nice product, just not for dry skin!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2014 9:05:00 PM More reviews by CurvesAhead

This product does NOT last long at all and is not worth it! like how this product looks on my skin as soon as I put it on, it gives a nice matte finish, and does a nice job of covering my rosacea and acne, but in about an hour I notice my skin looking shiny and the product deteriorating, which is really disappointing because I like the looking and feel of it when it goes on! Wouldn't waste my money on it again, as I have to reapply almost every hour!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by SaraDoll

Amazing product, I love this stuff! I will never change my foundation ever again, this it the best! It's soooo smooth and gives the best coverage! Really good for people with oily skin not good for people with dry and flaky skin though, but since I don't have that this is perfect! :D <3

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:13:00 PM More reviews by linerqueen24

Applied nicely, I liked the consistency but was unfortunately too dark for a fair skin tone like mine, even the lightest shade.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 7:58:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

Texture was nice, I like the mouse texture, and I really like how it is matte, however,
I do not like how it looks on the skin, it does nothing to help with shine, I become very oily shortly after applying. It looks cakey and very fake on the skin.
I will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:53:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have to start by saying I never wore this alone. I mix it with another foundation to get the color I want. It is very smooth and creamy and I really love the texture.