Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I used this and CG stick concealers for decades (before that there was Max Factor's Erace which was discontinued long ago). I alternated this and CG, whichever was on sale. They worked perfectly. Lately, the consistency and smell is completely different. I mean for at least the last few years when I bought a new one, it worked poorly as if it was old and dried up.

I think my liquid concealers have irritants in them so I went back to this. Well, my results were so bad I almost threw it away in a rage. But here it sits and I decided to write about it.

There is no way to put it on without getting a white ghostly mask like appearance in photos. That never used to be the case. So they've added some kind of light-catching thing that ruins it.

The name on the bottom is Cover Stick Concealer, Ivory. This was always a perfect shade for me, and it still appears to be. But the texture is too waxy and thick, and it drags on the skin, and cannot be blended in with your makeup to do the job properly.

I can put it on one finger, or the back of my hand, and let it soften and then try to dab it on that way and blend it - but it still goes on caked + streaky and I have to try to fix it using a foundation and powder. It's a mess.

It doesn't matter if I use a serum or a moisturizer first. That does not help it blend any better.

Maybelline's sponge-top applicator concealer does work, and I wrote a good review of it. But it gives sheer coverage. Sometimes I want a heavier coverage for undereye circles. But I can't find a solution yet. (The CG stick has the same problems but I already threw that one away when I realized they had changed it for the worse.)

Finally, the scent of this stick concealer is musty and stale. I suppose it is because they removed the scent which masked that; however, the scented ones never irritated (I'm talking 40+ years) and they worked.

So Maybelline did something to ruin this cover stick and it is NOT worth buying unless you already know about these features and it works for you anyway. I may have to try one of the more expensive cover sticks that have higher ratings. It's just galling that such a simple staple product I've used since I was in my teens doesn't work anymore.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

One of the worst concealers I have used.
Very dry, cakey, and very unnatural looking.
I tried several shades and none of them looked like true skin tones.
It was hard to apply and very hard to blend out. It looked very mask like accentuated everything you are trying to cover.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I used to purchase this often over the years when I had not yet found top quality concealers, or when I didn't have enough money to buy the best concealers. This to some extent covers the dark shadows around eyes, albeit not the most natural-look finsh. Very greasy! Does not wear well. Settles in creases. Wears off. It is available in a good pale ivory that is not orange-y.

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This product takes me way back. I first purchased this when I was first learning about makeup. I thought concealer in stick form was the right choice. Boy was I wrong... This cover stick had a scent that reminded me of plastic. It's so thick. It's thicker than lipstick. It's incredibly hard to blend out. And don't try to cover it up because it'll look cakey. Save yourself the trouble and buy a liquid concealer instead.

I will review this product by listing Pro's and Con's.
This is a staple for me. One tube is $5

Pros:
1. Comes in very light colors.
2. Has a semi-pointed end that is perfect for applying near the inside corner of eyes.
3. Covers my under-eye circles very well.
4. Covers Rosacea spots very well.
5. Blends easily without tugging.
6. Removes easily with makeup remover and/or cleanser
7. Can also be used to cover other imperfections

Cons:
1. NO SUNSCREEN

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

THIS IS FOR THE GREEN COVER STICK

It will help get rid of facial redness,
I use this green concealer to reduce redness, then I use fit me liquid concealer on top to hide my acne and then I put foundation on top.
Due to this routine, people say they cannot see my acne/acne scars
It will make your spots look white, that is why I put the liquid concealer on top to give the area some colour
Would deinately recommend for people with red spots
The stick can break easily to be careful
You can easily blend with your hand or foundation brush

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

THIS IS MY GO-TO CONCEALER.

I buy it in Ivory, and it matches my super pale skin perfectly. Not orange at all. Not cakey or heavy, goes on super smooth (over moisturizer, which I always use it over). Put on over a layer of moisturizer it makes my whole face look dewy and free of imperfections, absolutely no need for powder, which is great to me because I have acne scars and blemishes. I always will rebuy, very good price as well for the quality, if they discontinue I'll buy a thousand!!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

This reminds me a little bit of Bobbi Brown's Skin Foundation Stick. It blends pretty well. I use this just for concealing redness on my cheeks. I have to moisturize well beforehand because otherwise it can be a bit of a cakey mess. The color range is pretty limited though which is unfortunate, but not orangey for pale girls like other Maybelline Concealers. It's kind of yellow tones which makes me think it's made for under eye circles, but I wouldn't use it for that. This would feel too heavy and thick. The price is pretty good, I think it was $5. I've had it since last September and its lasted me about 7 months. I'll definitely get this again after I run out of this and the BB Foundation stick. The packaging is terrible (My lid cracked after a few months), but what do you expect from Maybelline?

I decided to try this as maybelline was on offer at 3 for the price of 2 at Boots store. I find it to be a little greasy and not that great at actually covering spots Not bad as a spare in my handbag but don't think I would buy this product again

I picked this up because I love Maybelline products, and because the price was great, and this shade looked like a very good light/neutral with none of the horrible salmon undertones I always see at the drugstore. I prefer stick concealers, because I feel like they are more opaque than liquid concealers. This one has good opacity and is very creamy, but not so creamy that it's unworkable. I usually just a use a bit on the inside of my eyes, and over any blemishes/post-blemish red spots. It takes me forever to get through a concealer, but I will likely re-buy this one when I feel my current tube has gotten too old.