Maybelline Cover Stick

3.2

Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Ozokerite, Kaolin, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Talc, Propylparaben, Polybutene, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77499, CI 77492, CI 77491/Iron Oxides, CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green)

on 3/28/2015 1:45:00 PM

I picked this up because I love Maybelline products, and because the price was great, and this shade looked like a very good light/neutral with none of the horrible salmon undertones I always see at the drugstore. I prefer stick concealers, because I feel like they are more opaque than liquid concealers. This one has good opacity and is very creamy, but not so creamy that it's unworkable. I usually just a use a bit on the inside of my eyes, and over any blemishes/post-blemish red spots. I am an NC20-25 and am using the shade "Fair" which looked light, but not *too* light, but selecting a shade was difficult because so many of them looked similar, even the ones labeled as "medium". One tip: this melts very easily, so don't leave it anywhere too warm or it will turn to mush! It takes me forever to get through a concealer, but I will likely re-buy this one when I feel my current tube has gotten too old.

on 3/22/2015 3:39:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

It's not a very cosmetically elegant concealer but OK for the price. It has a thick consistency and good coverage initially but after a few hours it dries out cakey on blemishes and creases under eyes. I'd recommend for someone young and starting out on make up as it's pretty easy to handle in the stick and although it doesn't blend out seamlessly it's pretty forgiving, but not ideal for anyone with fine lines it likes to settle into.

on 3/19/2015 12:30:00 AM

I've been using this concealer for several months & I dnt rlly like it. @ first I bought it to use under my eyes, but it creased sm & the product looked very, very cakey & ppl noticed. it was also hard to apply straight from the packaging bc it would tug @ my skin, it wouldn't glide. blending it in was also annoying bc it's not very blendable! I've tried using this as a highlighting concealer & on patches of skin too but it just looks so cakey & clings to dry patches, & u can tell I'm wearing concealer! i feel like it gave me premature fine lines. however, it's good for covering up acne & tiny spots. tht's the only reason I'm repurchasing. the stick doesn't have a fine tip so I use a concealer brush to apply it w precision. I'd say the coverage is full. the formula is also waterproof, which I love, but i found it drying. the packaging is good I guess, it's simple & easy to use. the price wasn't bad, $7 is cheap for a concealer & the amount of product there will last u a long time but this just wasn't as good as I thought it'd b & wasn't what I was looking for. there's plenty of other better concealers out there, if you're looking for a concealer I'd skip this one.

on 3/15/2015 12:49:00 PM

This covers redness pretty well, but on my skin it becomes very greasy and almost slides right off in a matter of minutes. Not for oily skin for sure.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have a faded pink birthmark on my arm, and so I was on the hunt for a green concealer to counteract the redness and that's when I came across this! I rub a bit onto my birthmark, cover with foundation and then powder to set and my birthmark is invisible. The only flaw I find with this is that it transfers a little bit on my clothes so I only wear it on special occasions and not every day.

on 1/17/2015 3:04:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I love this concealer for everything except under my eyes. Its thick, heavy coverage and stays put! I use it on an occasional blemish but its my go to concealer for highlighting under my brows and makes blending my shadow a breeze! Its cheap and lasts me forever! Will never use under my eyes though, its too heavy and creases.

on 1/6/2015 12:35:00 AM

Did not like this product at all. It creases under my eyes so easily. and when i use it on blemishes it is so hard to blend and ends up cracking anyway. oh and it smells really gross too.

ew do not buy

on 1/2/2015 11:43:00 PM

This has been my go-to concealer for at least ten years, to cover occasional blemishes. I have tried many other ones (low and high end) but this is the best for this purpose. Nothing hides blemishes better than this, with a bit of blending and setting powder over it. It is very very thick and just kinda glues to the skin so it's great for those little spots that need to be covered.

For concealing dark circles, this is not the best though. It's noticeable and hard to blend on larger surfaces since it is so thick. I use a different concealer for those purposes.

I will cry if they stop making this stuff!

on 11/19/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just bought this concealer tonight. I was so excited, I had to try it in the car.
First, let me say that I am very pale with dark circles. I have bought a few concealers from Sally's just to be disappointed. Last year I also tried some double-step roll on concealer, didn't cover.
The only concealer I had actually enjoyed until today was the one from Estée Lauder that comes in a tube. (It's just sooo pricey!)
For the price, I think this is a fabulous product!
I blend this in with my finger on top of my Estée Lauder double wear foundation so I am not really worried about it not "staying."
I like that it actually helps hide my circles instead of highlighting them like some of the other ones I have tried. (So frustrating!)
Yes, I can tell that it does settle into your lines a bit, most under eye concealers do.
If that is a problem for you, I would invest in a higher end concealer made specifically for dark circles, OR use a good eye cream with this.
I am very likely to purchase this again. Good price and easy to use.

on 11/13/2014 2:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I didn't like this concealer at all couldn't find it in my skin tone the color I found made me look ashy and not good at all for oily skin do not recommend for oily skin and they don't really have colors for yellow undertones