November 26, 2014 | 1757 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by shannon143

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the fifth LUSH mask that I've tried so far, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Right after using it my skin was softer, but not as soft as others (such as cupcake) had made it, and I found the softness wore off very quickly. It reduced redness in my face but after awhike my skin became dry and flaky instead. Sometimes after I washed it off there would be a white residue left on my skin that was very difficult to remove. It also flakes while drying, which can make a bit of a mess on your clothing, a problem that I haven't had with other LUSH face masks. I did really love the smell of it though, much better than the other ones I've tried. The traditional LUSH packing is great, love that it's recycled and simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2014 4:45:00 AM More reviews by heywednesdaygirl

I have always been a fan of the LUSH's Cupcake and only decided to get this one when my local store was out of stock with the chocolate mask. I have to say I was extremely satisfied with the purchase. Like other LUSH products it smells wonderful and leaves your face feeling fresh and supple after washing. The texture or consistency of the mask is definitely different from Cupcake's. Catastrophe is much more watery while the other was more solid in my opinion and wouldn't melt as easily if left out of the fridge for a couple of minutes.

It does dry quite flaky though but I have seen improvements since I first got it. It is really handy during breakouts! Although it can be quite pricey for me (since I'm a college student), so I probably wouldn't be purchasing it on a regular basis.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by nicolewo

From the description and reviews I expected to be wowed by this, but I wasn't. It does feel somewhat calming and is very mattifying, which I do like. The first time I used it though the area between my eyebrows was actually left dry to the point of flaky - surprising as I use lots of oil control products and never have that issue. A bit of moisturiser fixed it up so no biggie, just not what I expected. I can't say my face looked amazing or anything after using it, although the smell is quite pleasant so I will use up the rest.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 1:49:00 PM More reviews by luxlisbon15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This stuff rocks! Although I use Aztec Secret as my weekly clay mask, this and the oatifix face masks are kind of the ones I do more often, not only does this stuff smell wonderful, but it really helps with breakouts and enlarged pores. I love the ingredients (blueberry, chamomile, etc.) and when I wash this off my face, my face looks bright and feels clean and soft. It really helps your skin calm down if it's breaking out or just getting redness in general, I also notice that after I use it my pores on my chin and nose look noticeably clearer and smaller. I can usually get about 4-8 facials out of this and it's definitely worth the cost.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by beverlywho

One of my favorite masks! It smells divine and just feels so good on your face. I use this every other day and my oily-combination, acne prone skin feels softer and more elastic afterwards, and I think it really does help control and tame my breakouts and help even out my skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2014 1:45:00 AM More reviews by byankitty

My FAVORITE mask. It smells wonderful and it's the only one that calms my skin. It feels soft and it leaves a delicate blueberry scent. I've tried them all, and if you have to calm your skin, skip the lumpy BB seaweed and just get this one <3

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by pvilian

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

THIS IS MY GODSEND FACEMASK.

Not only does it smell heavenly, it really smoothens my complexion and makes it a shade lighter! The oil, tiredness, and dirt from my face goes away and afterwards my face looks extremely refreshed and bright.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:22:00 PM More reviews by lunashes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an amazing product! I suffered with a bad breakout and I had spots around my nose area and forehead but after using this product for a month, I noticed such a great difference in my skin. My spots were gone! Definitely turning to this product when I breakout again.

I used this mask every 3 days and also the smell is not bad at all, personally I really liked the smell so that was not a problem.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 12:55:00 PM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really didn't like this product. It flaked off terribly when drying, leaving my shirt covered with blue chunks of dried mask. It didn't do anything for my acne-prone skin either. I really didn't like the way my skin felt after washing it off either--powdery and kind of sticky. I wanted to like it, and used it several times before giving up and throwing the rest away. Just not for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 7:41:00 PM More reviews by kimchas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Let me tell you my skin 1st, I have 28 years old combination skin. My forehead and 2 sides of my cheek have small break out on and off. I get this mask as a sample, it is quite hard to spread but I consider this as normal as it is natural product that need to be refrigerated. After washing my face, my redness are treated, and my break out are calmed (at least i think they are). I feel tighten and clean. I notice there may be some white powders left like other reviews mention, maybe it is talc?? I am not sure but I don't mind it at all. I personally don't really care for the smell that I found it too strong, I would buy this after I finish my Eve Lom clay mask.