LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 8/18/2015 4:56:00 PM

Although this product smells AMAZING, I hate what it does for my face. It makes my face SO oily and breaks me out really bad. I will never buy this.

on 8/15/2015 7:29:00 PM

It's expensive but it was worth it

on 8/14/2015 4:48:00 PM

My skin was acting quite weird during the hot weather summer months. I guess my skin got quite dehydrated where it showed dry patches and started producing oil. My face was also breaking out and red.

I bought this mask on the recommendation by a SA at MAC when I was buying the Pro Long Wear Nourishing Foundation (great foundation) and she recommended this mask to help calm irritated problematic skin. I purchase this and I LOVE IT! I have been using it everyday, along with the Aqua Marine Cleanser and I am pleased by the results. My face is back to normal, more hydrated and balanced. I also like the fact that during the hot summer days, this mask feels great on the skin (as it kept in the fridge, nice and cold). I did not break out from it. I do break out easily if I use the wrong products or products that are harsh. If you want a more exfoliating mask- the Love Lettuce face mask is great!

I will have to try one of their toners one of these days..(I am not a big fan of Lush's moisturizers).

on 6/29/2015 9:38:00 AM

I chose this face mask when trading in 5 empty pots. I have combination skin currently going through a rough patch of acne and dryness. Scent: I love the smell, very fresh and pleasant, probably my favourite LUSH face mask scent. Application: easiest mask I've tried, just a standard clay mask application, however some water had leaked into my tub from the ice tray they are stored on which made the top layer very 'liquidy'. Short term results: skin felt soft and not at all irritated, but slightly dry, a moisturiser was definitely needed. Long(ish) term: after the first 3 uses I had a horrible break out and stopped using the product. As I was trying VC moisturiser by LUSH at the same time I'm not 100% sure if it was this product, but I've stopped using it regardless as it wasn't working out for my skin type. Will stick to MoM and BB seaweed :)

on 6/19/2015 8:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

There's nothing specifically wrong with this mask but it doesn't do anything for me. In fact when I put it on my face it peels and crumbles off and there's a huge mess everywhere. The scent is amazing though it's super fresh and the scent lingers after you wash it. I wouldn't repurchase only because I would want to try something new.

on 6/7/2015 6:19:00 PM

Another great mask from Lush. I love this mask. It not the scrub feel like love lettuce. I apply this on for 10 minutes and my face feel soft, smooth, and cleaned. I think I can used this mask 3-4 times/per week with out drying my skin at all. I got free sample from Lush. I will buy full size next time. I will finished up my BB seaweed and Love lettuce. Love all masks and other products from Lush. Will be my long term masks. This one also great because it gives antioxidant. I love all three that I try. I will rotate this three face masks that I mention. Update; 06/18/15, I love this mask. My 2nd place from Lush fresh mask. I love The Sacred Truth and this one a lot. My 3rd place have to be Love Lettuce. Very enjoyed These 3 masks.

on 5/29/2015 11:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I picked up this fresh face mask for free, when I traded in 5 clean Lush pots. I normally get Love Lettuce, but they'd run out and I thought I'd try something new.

This is pretty much your typical clay mask. It's got a blue hue, due to the blueberries used in it. I actually found it really hard to apply, and alot of the product fell down the sink. The smell is bareable, not too great but not revolting either. I feel as though this absorbed so much of the oil on my face, my face felt fresh and clean. I did however have to use a moisturiser afterwards because of the drying affect.

I used this 2-3 times a week to make sure I used up all of the product. I felt that it didn't really do much for my skin, so I'll stick to other masks. I'm glad I've tried it. I probably wouldn't purchase it, but for a free trade in it was pretty good.

on 5/3/2015 11:00:00 PM

I'm a huge Lush fan, but this isn't something I'll repurchase. The mask makes my skin feel great right after use, but it doesn't improve the long-term condition of my skin. I'll stick with Cosmetic Warrior from now :)

on 4/17/2015 9:27:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I really like this product, but it isn't the perfect mask for me. Its ingredients are fantastic and smell great, and it reminds me a lot of a blueberry smoothie. The calamine and blueberries are a great combination for problematic skin. It's very soothing, especially after it's been chilled in the fridge.

I love the effects of Catastrophe Cosmetic: it makes my skin amazingly soft after rinsing and significantly tightens my pores. However, the product is incredibly drying, and leaves an unpleasant calaminey residue behind. I typically need double my usual amount of moisturizer to offset this dryness. I once made the mistake of forgetting to moisturize after using this mask, and my skin really didn't appreciate it.

This product could be absolutely transformative for someone with very oily skin, serious acne, and many other kinds of skin inflammation or irritation. I could even see it being great for a peeling sunburn! However, this isn't what I'm looking for in a twice-weekly mask. Thankfully Lush carries a variety of masks for a variety of skin types. I might try Brazened Honey or Mask of Magnaminty next.

on 3/18/2015 3:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I absolutely LOVE this mask! I have oily/combination/acne prone skin with a lot of acne scars and this mask did wonders. I lightened my scars and left my skin glowing every time. My face felt incredibly soft and clean after using this, and the best part is that is doesn't have any nasty ingredients in it! I also really loved the smell of it; it's made with chamomile and the smell is heavenly. I would re-purchase this a million times! :)

Popular Masks