April 20, 2014 | 1639 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really did not enjoy this mask. I just used it for the first time tonight. I usually use Mask of Magnaminty and BB Seaweed but I was in an adventurous mood today at LUSH. Anyways, I always wash my face first, then apply a face mask to clean skin. But after I tried to rinse this mask off I was left with a powdery residue all over my face that was really difficult to remove :( Since I had already washed my face and didn't want to over dry it out, I tried to use my toner to remove the residue... It took me 3 cotton rounds to feel satisfied. And I ended up feeling dry anyways ugh. When I wash my face at night I really prefer to feel CLEAN before applying my serums etc. This mask just wasn't for me. It does smell really nice though and didn't seem to break me out YET so that is why I gave it 2 lippies. Still feeling very.... *Meh*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

As i am writing this review,i am wearing this mask. I have about a week to finish the whole tub before the expiration date.So far,i have been using this about twice a week. Firstly,i love the scent which is really sweet and very relaxing. I experienced some tingling sensation as well similar to the MOM. After it dries,i usually wet my fingers in warm water and gently massage my face and then rinse off. My skin feels smooth but at the same time it feels kind of powdery.Not too sure if it does anything to combat blemishes but i won't be repurchasing this again.I still prefer the QH Grapefruit mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

LOVE this mask! Smells light and floral and really sucks out the redness. I use this whenever I break out and it instantly improves my complexion. I liked this better than Cosmetic Warrior, which I usually use when I break out. I only knocked a lippy off because it can be kind of messy when it dries. It tends to flake off into a very fine powder and can get everywhere. Makes clean up easy though, since I just paw at my face (I call it "face dandruff") and it all flakes off into the sink, then I wipe the rest off with a damp warm washcloth. But it's not that big of an issue to where I won't repurchase. Because I definitely will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mask for the price. I have dry skin with rosacea redness and this did an okay job at calming the red patches for a while and making my skin smooth. While not a miracle worker, this is a lovely smelling, nice mask for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I don't think this mask is doing anything special to my skin. I've used it up tonight. The smell is amazing and the scent lingers. I have to say this mask dries out pretty fast. It becomes drier after 2 weeks and it won't feel as good. I didn't see a major difference after I use this for about 3 weeks, but my skin do feel nice and soft after each time I've used it. In general it is an ok mask but I won't repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:06:00 PM More reviews by ScarletteLawson

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I still don't know how I feel about this...1. The smell is really nice, kind of like blueberries and lavender. 2. It feels nice an cold from the fridge, and spreads thickly and evenly. 3. It is a PAIN to wash off... It initially feels easy and silky to wash off, but I notice that a very faint grey blue residue does NOT want to come off my face.i felt like this residue was what made it mattifying? 4. I've been through a whole pot of this and I don't think it's helped my acne at all (though it didn't break me out like the horrible mask of magnaminty) ya so I guess I will not repurchase :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2014 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I have been using this for years. It is by far my favorite mask. It smells great and really calms my skin. I will repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lovebeautyox

Have done a review on this product on my blog, check it out:

LOVE this face mask. Smells divine and can notice a difference in my skin as soon as I wash it off. Very good for acne-prone skin. Already re-purchased.

x

rated 3 of 5 on 12/4/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by catletter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I want to start my review by saying this: LOVELY SMELL! I didn't read the whole ingredients, I only know it has berry and clay in it, but whatever it is mixed in it, it smells really beautiful. This mask has the most beautiful smell among Love Lettuce and Brazened Honey.
If I talk about the effects on skin, there are some problems.It is hard to apply and it dries immediately after you put it on. While wearing this mask, I felt tightened and dry so much. After washing,the feeling was better. It really controlled the extreme oil, relieved the acnes and reduced the redness. Also it has no rigid particles in it for peeling, so it is safer for acne prone regions.

edit: not so beneficial in the long term for me. It dries the skin so much and after washing I decided that I didn't like the feeling actually. Also I didn't like the application, because it easily peels off while waiting. Among the masks I have used, I would prefer Love Lettuce or Brazened Honey not this.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2013 1:17:00 PM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this face mask, hands down. It makes my skin really soft and helps to reduce redness and swelling on my smaller pimples. For a face mask that is supposed to expire in two weeks, it is a little expensive, but I do find that I can get a months use out of this before it goes bad. It smells just like blueberries. Even when I use this at night, the next morning my face still smells really nice.

This is a great product for either a treat or for those looking to pamper themselves. My fridge is always stocked with this!