July 22, 2014 | 1870 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2014 4:18:00 PM More reviews by auntita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This makeup remover worked alright for me. Great for eye shadow and regular mascara but not as good for removing stubborn waterproof mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 2:05:00 AM More reviews by xojlg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is excellent at removing eye makeup. It works fast and it's very effective, especially with stubborn waterproof mascara. I literally just put a dab on a cotton pad and hold it on my eyelid for like 2 seconds then wipe and it's all gone. I do find it a bit expensive as I can get the clean & clear one for a few dollars cheaper (also a very good option) but this one will always be my favorite. The only thing that bothers me with this type of remover is that it leaves that oily feeling you need to wipe off with a cloth and water afterwards. Not a huge deal, but kind of annoying sometimes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 5:16:00 PM More reviews by Wharerimu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Hi everyone,

I purchased this as a last resort as I hate using brands that have a lot of chemicals in them. However, I have likes and dislikes about this product. Read on to see my full review.

Pros:

1. It does not burn your eyes. I was really surprised about this as Neutrogena is quite a commercial brand that puts a lot of chemicals in their products. I have really sensitive eyes as well and no burning or stinging occurred. So if your eyes are anything like mine, this is a product to consider.

2. My eye makeup came off pretty easily. I am not the best judge of this as I only wear mascara but I did not have to pull or tug at my lashes, it just slipped off really. Just make sure you shake it well before use otherwise you will be left with mascara, eyeliner etc. residue. By the way, I do not know how it removes water-proof mascara as I have never worn it.
Tip: Soak a cotton pad with this product and then hold the pad over your eye for about 15-20 seconds. This will help everything to break down and come off easier.

Cons:

1. Neutrogena claims this is an oil-free eye makeup remover but I found that it left a really oily residue around my eye area and I felt quite unclean. Rinsing with water helps slightly but ever after applying cleanser, I still feel a little greasy. Not happy with that part at all, considering that I have oily/combination skin.

2. The packaging annoys me as it has a screw lid and when you take it off, you could easily knock it over and spill it everywhere (as I have done before). However, this will not be a major problem for most people, I am just clumsy and very particular about my packaging. :p

3. The price is quite high for a little bottle also. I think I paid about $12 for this.

My final verdict:

All in all this is a pretty good product. It has some minor problems such as the price and the packaging but a big problem (at least for me) is the oily residue that you cannot get rid of. Everything else about this product though is pretty good. 6/10.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/29/2014 10:16:00 PM More reviews by diepset1

This stuff really gets every last bit of makeup off of your eyes. You must shake the bottle well in order for it to work. I use cotton rounds to remove my eye makeup. It doesn't take much of the product to get the job done and it doesn't have a burning sensation. On the contrary, it is soothing to the skin. I don't expect any less from Neutrogena since their focus is making products with better and healthier ingredients. Really great product for the price!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by Edlovingirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just bought this stuff this week... AND I LOVE IT.
it dose not take much to take off your i makeup just a couple of drops.
It does not have a wet feeling more like a dry oil feeling. And its not irritating to my sensitive skin at all! And you don't have to tug and drag the cotton pad across to get it of a few light passes of your eyelid should do the trick! Overall i think this is my new Holy Grail eye makeup remover!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by treradical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I am super impressed with this product. I tried it a few years ago and didn't really like it but I decided to give it another try once I ran out of my Sonia Kashuk remover. This totally blows the Sonia Kashuk remover out of the water. It takes off my eyeliner and mascara so easily and quickly. It does leave a little bit of an oily residue, but that's not a problem for me because I wash my face afterwards anyway. I am so happy with this purchase and will definitely keep buying it.

I use cotton balls with this and I need only one, maybe two, for each eye. It's such a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by ann1990

I love this product, i always re-purchase it when i run out of it. it's amazing and removes the makeup so easily. it doesn't have a greasy texture which is something i am always looking for in a makeup remover. LOVE IT

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2014 7:33:00 PM More reviews by ichigocutie

Yes,it is oil free. The top layer liquid is silicone,that's why it takes off waterproof mascara so effortless. How ever it will still leaving that greasy feeling but then again you supposed to rinse or wash your face to take off the residue. 1 bottle last me quite a while because I only use it when I put on waterproof mascara 2-3 times a week. I don't like the packaging! I'm always affraid I'm going to knock it over.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2014 7:35:00 PM More reviews by maelyn28

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is really good at breaking down eye make up. I use this on a cotton ball to get the eye makeup off before washing my face. It is very oily so I need to follow up with a good cleanser. I also love it for cleaning my makeup brushes. Its super cheap and quite a good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:05:00 PM More reviews by guineveregalaxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite makeup remover! Honestly I'd say I prefer the towelettes, since I have a clumsy tendency to leave the bottle open and knock it over when I'm taking off my makeup. But this stuff lasts so much longer and saves me a lot of money, I buy a bag of cotton balls for $2 or less and this and it lasts forever. I probably buy a bottle once every 1-2 months. There is an oily residue, but the instructions say to rinse with a wet cloth after(: