July 26, 2014 | 1400 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 1 of 5 on 4/8/2014 6:07:00 PM More reviews by aimeeblack

Applying it and taking it off was easy, the product itself seemed welcoming, but I can honestly say this was the worst face mask I've ever used.
I usually love lush... but I haven't broken out this bad in years!
Never will I ever think "What's the harm" when buying a new face mask because I am sure paying the price now with my entire cheek covered in acne.
As soon as I took off the mask I noticed little red bumps forming

DO NOT BUY THIS. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
I paid way too much for this only to break out.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 10:48:00 AM More reviews by CranberryCherry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the smell of this cupcake face mask! It smells of chocolate and mint. I have to say though that it does not help anything with my acnes. If not, it actually make it worse. Im not sure if this product that make it worse. I started to get more acnes and my face condition is worst than it has ever been with a lot of fresh acnes. I will try the Cosmetic Warrior next. I will definitely not purchase this as it does not help anything with my acne prone skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2014 1:53:00 PM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy this mask monthly. I use it pretty much every night, and usually longer than the 10-minute time period the tub specifies. It leaves my skin feeling soft, and calms and inflamed blemishes I may have. It also seems to even my skin tone out a bit. Good price for what it does, it's just a bummer it's only good for about a month. The only complaint I have is that it can get a little thick and hard to apply, I just add a few drops of water when that happens. There are also chunks of something in it that I find bothersome when I'm trying to apply the mask evenly. Otherwise, just fine.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/24/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

Doesn't do anything to me but it's a decent mask. Smells good.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by emmab6756

I like to get this free when I take back all the empty pots of Big shampoo! I think it is well priced though even if purchased outright. I like the texture and certainly feel that it calms the redness in my skin and helps to combat breakouts in my congested areas. I agree with others that it stinks but I don't find it too much. It is a fake chocolaty mint smell so have a sniff in store before you buy...if you can smell it above all the other smells in the shop!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As a teenager, I was looking for something to calm down my skin for when I had breakouts and this face mask specifically designed for teenagers was calling for me. When I opened it, I wasn't greeted by Lush's yummy cosmetic smell but it was an off-putting, artificial chocolate smell which accompanied it! I tried it once or twice a week and to be honest if anything, it made my skin worse! My skin was noticeably drier and my breakouts were worse. Since it's made from fresh ingredients, it goes out of date fairly quickly and you are given quite a lot and so most of it goes to waste!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So this is my second mask I buy from lush and what encouraged me to buy it is all the great reviews about it so I just went to the shop and got it immediately but I regret not smelling it in the shop.. NO it doesn't smell like a cupcake and no it doesn't smell like sugar or anything.. It smells like mint and chocolate and it doesn't make a good combination. But the mask itself isn't bad it cleans pretty well and removes oils n stuff. Smell it before purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

Both my friend and myself bought this product on the same day after looking at so many great reviews online. (We are huge Lushies!)

I really really wanted to like this product, as it promises less oily skin, calms the pimples and has a slight exfoliating effect. And who doesn't like chocolate?

I have combination skin, really oily on the forehead and chin whereas my cheeks are pretty dry. Herbalism and AoBS cleanser calmed my oily skin down (more on that on another review) so I thought this mask will maintain its condition.

Lush is really expensive in Singapore and I already knew I couldn't finish the product by a month, since this product can only be used once or twice a week. But who knew, I threw out the product after the second use, wasting my $26. :(

First Impression: It is supposed to smell like Chocolate but to be all honest, it really doesn't. The smell stays on while waiting for the mask to dry up. I was willing to put up with the smell if it's a miracle product.

Application: I actually wanted to just use this product for my forehead and chin, but the salesperson said that it is good for the whole face as the mud ingredient can moisturize the cheeks.

I put it all over my face, and after a good 2 or 3 minutes, the area below my nose felt super tightened and it hurt really badly. After washing it off it became red, but the redness did not go away.

My forehead became super dry, every single inch of oil seemed to be sucked up from my face. It was quite scary, I thought my face will tear up. (Being dramatic here.. hehe) Slapped on a lot of moisturizer after that and pray I wouldn't breakout.

The second time I used this was about a week after, this time I skipped my nose and cheeks area. Same thing happened, my forehead was super dry and I didn't like how my face felt.

There wasn't a third time because I sorta dreaded to use this mask, and before I knew it it had expired.

I asked my friend and she didn't like the cupcake mask either as it was too drying. Although we are just a few years passed our teens, I think this product is not suitable for us. Maybe it is for really oily or teenage skin.

A product I definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this mask is really good for my skin, pampering yet gentle enough for me to use ( skin can be sensitive ) not overly fond of the chocolate scent but apart from that brilliant product very pampering and good results.! buy it over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lambchop124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Helps reduce oiliness and redness in my skin, and I think it helps with blemishes too. Beware though, don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes or it will suck every last drop of oil out of your skin and leave your skin dry like paper (first time my skin has ever felt like that!) also a tiny bit exfoliate-y, which I like.