LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 3/31/2015 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Nothing special. Mask of magnaminty is way better and helps your skin appear better over time. This..... I didnt reallt know what to do with it because it didnt really pul out all the gunk from my skin, all it did was pull out a bit of gunk (there's a difference lol) and mattify my face (quick tip: use only if you're oily). Sooo, since i didnt want to really take it back since it was a few dollars and keeping it woukd help me get my 5 empty jars I needed for a free cleanser, I used this when I'd come home from school or work and my face was oily and I needed to go out that night and thus needed to redo my makeup (there is no worse feeling than taking off your makeup and then caking on some more, its like skin-abuse). So what i'd do and was the only thing i could do with this product is I'd wash all my day makeup, apply this mask for 30 mins, allow it to calm my skin, pull out some gunk and mattify, then i moisturized with gorgeous (lush moisturizer) and tea tree toner (lush toner) and give it some time to soak in and then apply my night makeup.

Now some of you might ask "well why dont you just use mask of magnaminty after u take of your day makeup and then go to do your night makeup?" Well the reason is because mask of magnaminty is that type of mask that I use when im having a "pamper night", it really sucks out all the gunk so in the morning when i wake up, my face it glowing (its what i use to rejuvinate my skin).

So yaa, would i buy cupcake mask again? NOPE. It works no better than a regular drugstore mask and i see no long term effects with cupcake mask so drugstore will have to do!

this was my first time trying this product, the pros of it to me are.....it smells delicious,it has this fresh feel when i apply it on my face, afterwards it has your skin feeling tingly and smooth. the cons for me were the aftermath of trying to wash off the mask. its def hard to wash off, so i would recommend putting this on before the shower in the morning/night. other then that i loved it. its perfect for my skin type, i would def buy this again. =)

on 3/10/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This was my first foray into Lush masks after I received it as a gift. I like to use this when my pores are congested or during the time I have hormonal breakouts - really helps to clear up any blackheads and calm any emerging pimples. This mask is harder to spread especially after refrigeration so I had to let it warm to room temperature a bit before applying. It's a mud mask with a very thick consistency and it looks and smells like chocolate fudge. The mint and sandalwood oils add an herbal kick to the overall fragrance and leaves my skin feeling tingly and very squeaky clean after rinsing. Very messy to rinse off, so I usually like to use this prior to hopping in the shower. My skin is more normal to dry, so I tend to need to apply an oil or more heavy duty moisturizer after this mask. I definitely recommend using a toner too for removing any leftover residue.

on 3/4/2015 6:39:00 PM

I have n't got sensitive skin but it mask had a burning feeling and left my face red.

on 2/17/2015 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I am not a fan of this mask. I bought it back when I had very oily skin, hoping to balance everything out and decongest my skin. The mask itself is very thick and so hard to spread onto the face. I suspect mine may have been slightly dried out because it was thick and dry to the point where chunks were falling off my face. As far as what it did, I didn't notice much other than some drying out of my face. It wasn't very effective on my skin, although I did appreciate the temporary soaking of oils. Above all that I disliked about this mask was the smell. I think it was even worse than it virtually doing nothing. I feel like this is a hit-or-miss smell, with people either loving it or hating it. Unfortunately, I was in the latter category. Over all here's what I think: I can see certain people loving this mask, but I just didn't.

on 2/16/2015 2:55:00 PM

The consistency of the mask is far too thick for it to be easily spread over the face. There were chunks of exfoliants that made this process even harder.

In terms of having any sort of lasting effect on the skin, I could see or feel none. This, coupled with the fact that the scent was obnoxious and the mask was uncomfortable to use, made me really unhappy with this mask. :(

on 2/3/2015 2:15:00 AM

I personally have tried most of the lush face masks, this one and love lettuce are definitely my 2 top faves. For a long time I avoided this mask b/c they made it sound childish and only for 'teenage' skin so I thought it wouldnt be as useful as the other masks.. But I decided to give it a try and wow my life has changed. It perfectly balanced my oiliness and keeps it in check, it also smells amazing. Definitely use a mosturizor after applying it though as it can be a bit much for sensitive skin.

on 1/7/2015 2:22:00 PM

I have had very bad dry skin on my face however at the same time oily patches. I wanted a mask that was good for sensitive skin and left my skin feeling revived and clean but without over drying. This is perfect. After using it my skin feels amazingly soft and fresh. Once the mask is dry you can scrub your face which also helps exfoliate as the mask crumbles off, this is perfect because it doesn't leave behind any residue. Would definitely recommend.

on 10/26/2014 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

The only reason why I wouldn't repurchase this is because I still want to try out the vast collection of facial masks from LUSH.

This was the first LUSH mask I used, and I LOVED it.

For someone with sensitive and slightly oilier skin at the time, I was surprised it didn't make me feel really oily or leave a residue over the skin. "Cosmetic Catastrophe" leaves somewhat of a residue but that's from the blueberries in it which adds more moisture and hydration into the skin. That one is definitely one of my favourite clay masks of all time, but what that didn't have that "Cupcake" has is the oil control.

They're both brightening masks, but "Cupcake" absorbs oil. All clay masks absorb oil to some degree, but while "Cosmetic Catastrophe" is more of a moisturizing, skin smoothing mask, this one strips the face from oils, making the skin feel tight.

Yes, this isn't always a good thing, but it feels CLEAN.

PROS:
* reusable and recyclable packaging makes me feel good when using it.
* makes skin feel clean inside out.
* deep cleanses and takes dirt out of the pores.
* absorbs all access oil on the skin.
* brightening but not as good as "Cosmetic Catastrophe".
* makes for good spa nights for texture is fine (mix in with a droplet of water), packaging is compact, and very cooling after staying in the refrigerator for a few minutes.
* short shelf life displays the lack of artificial preservers.

CONS:
* makes skin very tight to discomfort if not moisturized afterwards.
* short shelf life (forces you to use all of it within two weeks or so).

GREAT for SENSITIVE skin.
GREAT for OILY skin (although drier skins CAN use this).
AWESOME for SUMMER (refreshing, absorbing, cleansing).

Does not make my skin react negatively.

on 10/19/2014 2:33:00 PM

The was the first Lush mask I have tried. I am not usually the kind who breaks out easily or has sensitive skin in general I don't think, but after using this mask for around I week I began to realise that not only did this mask feel like it was going to melt my face off, so did every other one I've tried so far.

Apart form my obvious skincare difficulties, I just felt as if this formula was not... 'kind' on the skin at all. Yes, I bought this product knowing that it was meant for oily/imperfect skin, which I have, but I didn't expect the product to smell so sharply of mint and to feel this gritty during application.

And oh, the burns. First it just stings a little bit and your inner masochist is thinking "huh, I guess this must be working", when well, nope, your face just wishes that was is currently on it weren't.

I guess I am just more upset by the fact that I bought a large-sized tub with confidence the first time. I am now also kind of reluctant to try other LUSH masks as I originally intended, thinking that my general violent reactions to facials might be to Limonene/Linalool etc...

I might edit this review if I ever find out why face heats up every time I use masks.

TL;DR - This was more of a personal failure for me. I wanted this to work, didn't realise it was kind of harsh and now I'm kinda... butthurt. The price is fair, and I think this product may work well on other skin types that are less sensitive.

Popular Masks