Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover

4.1

Water, Potassium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Acrylates/C10 30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Chamomilla Recutita (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate (Licorice Root)

The best cuticle remover!! Works great

on 1/22/2015 6:17:00 PM

This stuff works great! It only removes the dry hardened thin skin bits that are stuck on your nail and impossible to remove otherwise. I was worried this would dissolve my live cuticles but that thankfully did not happen. I would definitely repurchase.

on 12/23/2014 7:51:00 AM

I had read some good reviews on this remover and had to initially resort to buying it online as no stores anywhere around me seemed to stock it. That being said I really liked it.

The gel is so easy to control the placement of due to the shape of the nozzle and pretty much stays where you put it.

I tend to leave it on for a minute and for me that works well. No reactions or any bad results and it makes/helps the cuticles on my fingers and toes look nice and neat.

Pity its not stock as a regular product option (at least nowhere that I've found) as it works well for me and I am now a fan.

If you can find it anywhere locally and the price is good I'd say its worth a try. Like any product it may work for some better than others.

on 12/15/2014 11:21:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

this stuff is pretty cool! actually when I first started using it I only saw results on a few fingers and thought that maybe due to the fact that I have irregularly-shaped nail beds, this stuff wouldn't be as effective on some of my cuticles. happy to report I was wrong! after consistent use (once a week until cuticles become consistently clean, then maintained once a month/every 6 weeks thereafter) this stuff really made my nails look much nicer. over time this coupled with regular moisturizing will result in nails free of excess cuticle, and it even eliminates the bits that cling to your nail after you push them back.

I will say that it doesn't work in nearly as little time as it says it does - maybe after you've gotten a routine going and your cuticles are already pretty well-behaved, but even mine weren't terrible when I started using this and I still needed to leave it on for a good ~30 seconds to see any real results (for the record, I applied to dry cuticles - may work more quickly on wet ones). overall tho I'm a big fan, I'm so happy my cuticles are so low-maintenance now. docked one lippie for the false advertising - as I said, this stuff does little to nothing when left on for the recommended amount of time. I suggest you try it for yourself and see how long you need~

on 10/13/2014 1:13:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It does a good job of softening the cuticles and getting them ready for trimming. I would not use this product by itself as a cuticle remover--which is how it's packaged. I've left it for a long period of time and it doesn't remove the cuticle but rather softens it. The softens allows for the cuticle to be easily pushed back creating a much nicer nail.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This product does soften cuticles for easy pushing or removal but it doesn't necessarily perform better than cheaper liquid cuticle removers. It also dries too quickly if you leave it on for more than 30 seconds so you would have to reapply. You can apply it one nail at a time but that's just too high maintenance. For the price I was expecting a miracle product.

on 8/16/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

I have a little bottle of this, its the only chemical cuticle remover I have experience with, so, others with more experience might be a better gauge for quality.

Doesnt smell bad, doesnt hurt or anything, but, I didnt really feel like it actually did anything that I couldnt accomplish with something else.

It went on and felt fine, even when I mistakingly left it on longer that required, but, I dont think it made any difference at all on the procedure. If anything, it left my nail-beds a bit dry, more so than usual (which, admittedly, is pretty typical, I do my nails between 2-4 days a week).

I might try another cuticle remover at some point, but, this didnt really do it for me.

on 8/11/2014 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

Cuticles intimidate me. Even with regular pushing and moisturizing, mine were far from perfect looking. The first time I used this I was STUNNED at how well it worked. Its only been a few weeks and my nails are transformed. I am serious, I even have finally gotten rid of a hangnail that I had for literally years. I just thought that was how my nail beds grew. A few times of using the remover and it took off the dead skin of the hang nail. I feel like a nail model. I also have used it on my toes and it has done well there also. I don't really do much with my toes, so its very pampering to clean up those nails.

How do I use it? I do one nail at a time count '1 one thousand 2 one thousand' all the way to 15 then start pushing with a soft rubber cuticle pusher and sort of scrub the area near the eponychium with the rubber end to get it all clean. Then rinse off in a bowl of warm soapy water and apply remover to the next nail.

The only downside is now when my nails grow out I am astonished at the amount of cuticle on the nail and want to use it every other day. The label recommends to not use more than twice a week. I have been using it about once a week since I have more sensitive skin. I tried using it with only 4 days in between and my fingers felt sensitive.

This cost $6 or so at my local grocery store. Well worth it in my opinion. The bottle should last me over a year.

on 7/20/2014 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Does what it says - I leave on for 1 min (or long enough to do all my fingers followed by toes) and then go back and push back my cuticles with an orange stick. Occasionally I'll nip at the sides of my nailbeds if there looks to be a lot of dead skin built up, but otherwise this cuticle remover does a good job of cleaning up and smoothing the look of the nailbed and cuticles.

Since I've started using this and getting better about moisturizing my nails look freaking awesome. I highly recommend trying! Easy to apply also - the squeeze bottle is perfect. I store mine upside down so I don't have to shake it when it gets low. To remove I use either a brush with soap and water or scrub it off with a towel. I get best results right after a shower.

on 7/20/2014 11:49:00 AM

This bottle is great to apply, doesn't get messy etc. I leave it on longer than recommended. Works well, but like other ppl said, if you have jagged cuticles, this won't get rid of them, you'll still have to trim/moisturise. This product isn't drying at all, and is a great consistency.

Popular Treatments