April 19, 2014 | 864 users online

Cleansers - Ponds - Clean Sweep Cleansing and Makeup Remover Towelettes

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by PaintingSumsets

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first pack of makeup wipes (because I have recently started wearing light makeup), and I'm not so sure about it. The wipes are very perforated and thin, and if you fold the wipes into halves or quarters, the makeup seeps through the layers. One of the previous reviewers claimed that the wipes take off all of your makeup in four sweeps - that is NOT true. I have to wipe a specific area of my face, for example, my forehead, at least four times to get all the makeup completely off. Each time I wipe, there is always a faint trace of makeup left on the damp sheet. And I have to be extra careful to remove all of my makeup, because I have skin prone to breakouts. The only makeup products I use are concealer and mascara, and I used to apply BB Cream but I found that one wipe cannot possibly remove all of the BB Cream. However, these makeup wipes leave my skin feeling moisture-balanced, but clean and not stripped!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/21/2014 3:00:00 PM More reviews by HotWolfie

I bought this in travel size when I needed to pack light for trip, and I was really disappointed in the quality. Normally I'm a huge fan of Pond's products but this was a dud for me. The cloth was really rough against my skin, and though it did remove my make up it left my skin parched and with a slight residue. I had to wash my face after using this even though the directions claimed it doesn't need water.

I've tried other cleansing wipes from Olay to Equate brands and this was by far the worst. Removed makeup, but was way too drying and harsh for my skin. I usually like to use cleansing wipes for correcting my eyeliner or cleaning up under eye mascara flaking during the day. I bought two packages of these and ended up throwing out the opened one and leaving the other one at my friend's house.

Definitely wouldn't buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2014 10:51:00 PM More reviews by LiveHappily

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I think I bought this at Costco. Very good quality and takes off all of my makeup in less than 4 wipes. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 1:29:00 AM More reviews by galai_curryqueen9830

I bought these on a whim because I ran out of my Neutrogena Makeup Remover cleansing wipes. I got these for around $9.75 at my local grocery store. In comparison to the Neutrogena wipes, these are much more moist. These wipes remove my face make up just as well as the Neutrogena ones. The texture of these Ponds wipes are patterned, and so it makes these wipes somwhat more rough in comparison to the Neutrogena wipes. Due to the difference in texture, I find that it removes my face make up faster and easier.
The only downside to these wipes is the lack of ability to remove my waterproof mascara. It takes so much effort to remove my waterproof mascara - involves lots of tugging and pulling, which is definitely a no-no for your eye area.
The packaging is just like any other wipes - I expect the last 2 wipes to dry up slightly because the stickiness of the opening will be worn out by then.
I won't be buying these because 1. They are more expensive than the Neutrogena ones (I buy a huge Neutrogena pack from Costco for less than $20 - great deal) & 2. They don't remove my waterproof mascara as well in comparison to my Neutrogena ones.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by Jessthebest1230

I like this product a lot.
It seems to remove my make up just fine. The smell is not the greatest in the world, but just my opinion. Someone else may like it. But all I want is something to remove my makeup, without burning my eyes. Sometimes the cheaper stuff will do that. Overall, I like it.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Lexidawn5

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used the wipes and then usually washed my face afterwards. But when I did not wash my face right after use the wipes did not give me a problem. They worked well, just not on water proof makeup. The wipes are a little rough to my skin but not enough to really complain about. I would buy this product again but I think I am going to find something new to try at the moment.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This does remove makeup and the cloths themselves are very moist. I do not like the soapy scent or texture, however. This leaves a sudsy film on my skin and I would not feel comfortable using these alone without washing afterwards.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 4:52:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

As I write this review, I am sitting here staring at how dry this made my poor, poor face. I have combo to oily skin, not usually dry, but crap did these things dry my skin out! I bought the up and up (Target) version of these. They contain the same ingrediants, so I'm convinced they're the same. And, looking and other reviews, I see they dried out their skin too. I also think these may have broken me out a little. The cloths are soft and nice, they have a fragrant scent but not an offensive one. They do remove makeup after a few swipes, but it's nothing to write home about. Also, they aren't as wet as I would prefer, nor do they have that 'cool' feeling a lot of other cloths do. These just didn't do it for me. I'll probably try some of the Yes To line next. Fyi, I use makeup wipes before working out to take off my makeup (both face and eye makeup). I can't say I'll even finish the pack- I might just pass it along to my mom.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by andreatexi

Let me start off by saying that I have very normal skin and it is rare that any products makes my skin problematic. I was very excited for these wipes and bought them for those days I was too lazy to take all my makeup off and do my cleansing process. So let me just say I very much so regret purchasing these wipes. I purchased the ones with camomile in it and wow DID MY FACE EVER DRY OUT. it was bad.. It scared me cause my face never gets dry to that extent... And also these wipes dry out so fast too and the packaging isn't the best. The seal isn't very much 'resealable' so air can get In and dry them out. Defenitely wouldn't reccomend it but each to their own! Very inexpensive tho. Got 2 packs for $6 in a combo pack at Walmart! Try at your own risk, it may work Great for you considering IT DOES REMOVE all the makeup ... But you have to sit there for about 2 minutes to really get it all off. Hope this helps.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2013 6:41:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The packaging is crappy. My wipes dried out. I had to rehydrate them with my fluid remover. The wipes are also thin. I much prefer Huggies wipes. You get a lot more and they're way cheaper. And they work better.