Kiehl's Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream

4.1

Active Ingredient: aluminum chlorohydrate 16%. Inactive ingredients: water, isopropyl myristate, cetyl esters, propylene glycol, peg-75 stearate, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, ceteth-20, steareth-20, dimethicone, methylparaben, propylparaben, bisabolol, orange fruit extract, lemon peel extract, linseed seed extract, farnesol, quillaja saponaria bark extract, witch hazel extract.

on 7/15/2015 11:12:00 AM

Have been using this for more than 10 years now, and this will very likely be the only deodorant I'll continue to use for the rest of my life. Here's why:

I sweat lots. Almost anything and everything makes me sweat, and on top of perspiration + odor? My underarms are extremely prone to discoloration. A bad experience with Simple's deodorant left me with stained armpits, so I'm extremely cautious with what goes on my underarms.

And I'm more than happy to report that this works very well at keeping the sweat at bay. Of course, if you were to run a marathon, or spend the day cleaning the house, your underarms will still sweat. But for day-to-day "operations" - work, hanging out at the mall... This works fine.

It also keeps odor away, so rest assured you won't be walking around with stink bombs for underarms. ;)

It doesn't stain your shirts, so fret not should you want to don that beautiful white silk blouse!

I also find that this doesn't sting my underarms, even though I've just shaved.

The icing on the cake? The moisturizing properties in this deodorant does moisturize, and actually helped lighten the discoloration on my underarms. Am ever grateful to this HG product and I sure hope Kiehl's will never, ever stop producing this.

on 5/20/2015 6:09:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Boy, I love this stuff.

I have a medical condition whereby my bodynow has a hard time regulating its temperature. I don't sweat when most people would / when I first need to, so that I overheat, and then I sweat profusely. With this, I'm embarrassed to say, I can get pretty stinky. I have tried so many deodorants and anti-antiperspirants - the drugstore kind, more "natural" products, sticks, salt crystals, on and on. Then I tried this. It works. It has almost no scent, and yet it neutralizes odor, without leaving a strong, perfume-y smell. I haven't soaked through a garment since I started wearing it, but to be fair, I've only used it since X-Mas time (it is now May), so I've not used it in really hot weather. Still, I have actually gotten away with skipping a day with this product, and still haven't developed any, well, stank. It's about $20 a tube, but as with everything Kiehl's, a little goes a long, long way. It leaves behind no residue. Initially the idea of using a cream seemed strange to me, but the tube works well, and people were using cream deodorants long before we developed the "technology" to bind it in to stick form.

Pretty magical. Highly recommend. Kiehl's will give you a sample. Try it.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

This deodorant is actually superbly efficient!

It has no fragrance to it, so it does not clash with my perfume. The only downside is that it is a cream, rather than a solid stick. I apply it by squeezing a small amount onto my finger and spreading it onto my skin that way.

on 9/24/2014 1:11:00 PM

I purchased this based on reviews while looking for an antiperspirant deodorant that actually works. It is almost 3 months now that I am using it and I am completely satisfied with its performance. My teen daughter, who does yoga, gym class at school, and dance class asked me if she could try this as her store bought deodorant just wasn't working. She is hooked on it now. I went ahead and ordered her one. I run with dogs, run a small bootcamp, and dance and no wet stains underarm. I highly recommend this product.

on 8/18/2014 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I'll start out by praising Kiehl's sample policy. I got a generous sample of this deodorant, so I'm not out any money for a product that just did not work out for me. It has a pleasant scent, felt nice going on, and didn't irritate my sensitive pits- all positives. Unfortunately, it just couldn't hold up to August in Florida. An hour and a half after applying, it was gone. No more odor protection. Uh-oh. Luckily, I test drove this on my days off- I'm a massage therapist, and no one wants to get a massage from a lady with stanky pits. :)
This one is a no-go for me.

on 5/23/2014 9:17:00 AM

I'm so disappointed with Kiehls. I've been looking for a new, safer-to-use deodorant that actually works and I've read so many good reviews about Kiehls Superbly Efficient Anti-Perspirant and Deodorant Cream. I went to the Kiehls' store at Yorkdale yesterday. A sales associate approached me and I told her why I was there and how I'm concerned about parabens, etc. in products that I use. She took me straight over to this deodorant and told me how great it was. I then stopped to read the ingredient list on the container. It's loaded with parabens! When I asked the sales associate, she said, yes, only their new products are paraben free. So, my search for a new deodorant continues.

on 4/20/2014 7:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love it ! Its the best one i have used!

on 12/6/2013 8:30:00 PM

I have given this deodorant a fair shot. I wore it to work three days in a row and all I have to say is that it went from bad to worse. Within two hours of application I was literally sweating through my clothes. I was so embarrassed I had to throw on extra clothes to hide the sweat stains which only made the situation worse. No matter how much I applied (and I tried to be generous without overdoing it) I always wound up with sweaty pits and embarrassing sweat stains. When I took my clothes off at the end of the day, I realized that they actually smelled because I had been sweating so much. That has never happened to me with drugstore deodorant. Come on! For almost twenty dollars I should not have to worry about that. This is a rip off.

on 8/26/2013 8:22:00 PM

I live in an area that does not carry Kiehls, had bought it in a larger city. When I ran out I really missed it and did not want to buy another brand. It seems to me that it does not leave marks on my clothes, though I have not worn black in some time. From my experience all the brands that claim not to leave stains on black do. I was visiting some relatives recently and was asked what perfume I was wearing, I guess he liked it. Don't wear perfume, realized after I had just had a shower and used Kiehls deodorant. I wouldn't say an overpowering scent is left after using the product.

on 8/5/2013 5:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This did not work for me AT ALL. It was like I forgot to put deodorant on.