Jean Paul Gaultier Le Male

4.3

on 9/29/2012 11:07:00 PM

My DH is currently wearing this. He wears one type of scent til its gone,then buys something different. He smells very nice in this, but our son, not so much. Its more of a mature mans scent. Scent is so different on everyone... on my hubby it smells very $$$$, not cloying and no weird citrus or aquatic scents...I find them very immature and almost feminine. So yes, this is a winner and I would have no problem if he would repurchase.

on 9/29/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I hate this on my boyfriend. when he wears it I want him to shower and scrub it off. it makes me gag! he bought it for himself and loves it but I think it is disgusting. like viscerally.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This stuff drives me wild.

on 11/5/2011 11:08:00 PM

This isn't something I'd buy, but man does it smell sooo good! I just tore out a tester in Cosmo and rubbed it on my wrist and I am in cologne heaven. It's very musky and I can't really identify the notes, but it smells great on. Honestly though, it reminds me of Bod spray, the blue one..so I wouldn't waste any money on this. But Im loving it for now!

on 9/1/2011 10:03:00 PM

Vile, cloying, and cheap (NOT inexpensive, CHEAP).

I truly don't understand all the positive reviews and am hoping that maybe my friend simply went to town and overapplied. But this is just awful. My first boyfriend wore drugstore Jovan Musk that was nicer than this.

I love, LOVE this cologne. I bought it for my boyfriend for Father's Day because he said that it was the only cologne he ever wore, but used to buy it when he went on vacation to Europe because it was much less expensive. He said that he hadn't had it in years.

From the first spritz I was in love, but it smells even better on him. He has a naturally spicy smell and it mixes fantastic. He spritzed me one day and I enjoyed it on me too. I like some slightly more masculine perfumes, like Burberry Brit Red, though this is pushing feminine.

The best thing about it though? Sure, it's $80 at Sephora for a 4.2, but it LASTS. The other night I sniffed him when he got home after an extremely hot 10 hour work day- it was maybe 6 am and he'd applied it at 2 pm. It still smelled AMAZING. Compared to most perfume formulas? This is nothing short of sorcery.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

It's got a clean, gentle mix mash of smells (mint, bergamot, lavender, orange blossom, cinnamon, vanilla, and sandalwood) that somehow come together in perfect harmony in cute sailor shaped bottle. Love it!

on 7/24/2011 10:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I would buy again and i have many a time ! i love this its like my signiture sent ! i am not very good at describing smells but ill put it in a way i can describe and you can understand it is AMAZING ! it smells so fresh and light but not like girl smell fresh i would recommend to to like every guy except maby very many men i dont feel like this would suite them :)

on 1/13/2011 12:56:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Weird combo of Gaultier 2's resiny, spicy incense and an aquatic men's scent. I kind of like it. It's warm with fresh notes, wants to cloy, but doesn't quite and mellows smoothly into a spicy cashmere feeling. Also reminds me a lot of Joop! and dries down to almost exactly Courtesan's cool musk. Would be WAY too easy to over-do because it's powerful. In moderation though, niiiiccce.

on 12/2/2010 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

My boyfriend wears this as an aftershave and it smells really sexy on him. Then someone gave me a little 3.5ml sample bottle of the perfume and I started keeping it in my office bag in case I forget to wear my regular fragrance before I leave home in the morning.
Bottle opened. Perfume got everywhere. Now, phone smells of boyfriend, wallet smells of boyfriend, currency notes smell of boyfriend, pen drive smells of boyfriend, book-of-the-week smells of boyfriend and lip balm smells of boyfriend. And I'm still not sick of the scent.
It's really light, clean and male. I'd say it's great for women too. Or even handbags for that matter :)

Popular Fragrances (for Men)

Polo Black