Shiseido Facial Cotton

4.8

I bought these because I was tired of having cotton pads or balls shed in my eyes. They are very soft and luxurious and don't shed. They aren't large, and they're pretty thick. The packaging is awful. There's nowhere to open it to dispense them, so I wound up cutting the bag. I did it vertically, which is the wrong way, but I was afraid of cutting the cotton if I cut it horizontally. I would buy these again as a splurge during a sale. But they aren't life changing.

I needed something soft to wipe off my eye makeup after washing my face. A towel is too rough and all makeup remover pads I've tried irritate my eyes/sensitive skin. I ordered these from Amazon after reviewing this site and paula's choice beautypedia. They came in basically a soft ziploc bag without a way to reseal it - so that's why the packaging is low. No problem though because I gathered a good number of them and put them in a jar container thingy and safety-pinned the bag closed for when I need more. One review described the pads as "cotton in an envelope of silk," but I don't see or feel that at all..... I followed advice and cut each square in half (didn't damage them at all).
I just used them and they are seriously INCREDIBLY soft and do the job perfectly. Don't drag the skin much at all, and don't shed. One piece is good for at least one eye, probably both if you don't have a lot of makeup! AMAZING (trust me I don't really rave about products)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Can't believe I have never written a review for these glorious little cotton squares of heaven. I've been using Shiseido facial cotton for about four years now. I bought these at the Shiseido counter when the lady used it to apply a moisturizer to the back of my hand. OMG I thought I had died and went to heaven. Strong enough to remove even my toughest eye makeup and not tear but soft enough that there's zero scratchiness and it leaves zero lint behind. Is it costly? Yes. But if you only use them for makeup removal you'll get long term use before you run out. I honestly don't know what I would do without these. HG forever.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I have very sensitive skin, concerned with prevention in aging and sagging. These pads make me feel a whole lot better bc i am not pulling against my skin and scratching it, causing irritation. I believe in the long run this is a skincare investment along with the luxury experience. Pulling at ur skin with wipes or cheap pads can be dentrimental to skin in the long run so to me they are worth every penny. I look forward to taking off my makeup with these pads. It feels like a massage and it doesnt leave any lint. Just amazing lol, worth the money. Only thing id change is the bag, i would make it resealable cause its not cute or hygenic to have a rip in whats supposed to be a luxury item.

Only facial cotton pads I will ever buy. I only use these gentle pads to remove my makeup (bioderma) I don't use this with my softener as I feel that it's a waste. I use 2 pads to get rid of my makeup (1 for my eyes and brows the other for the rest of my face) then wash my face (ibuki system) and 1 pad for my toner(biotherm). I like how the fibers all stick on the pad and you don't have it all over your face - that was the one main issue I had with cotton pads but with these you get none of that!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

More often than not we blame the product, not the tool and sadly (or happily), in 90% of the failed cases, we are relying on subpar tools while getting angry at decent product. Is $11 for 165 pads reasonable? If you inherited your money, maybe. However, I live by the saying that I am too poor to buy cheap things because a scrooge always pays twice.
Average cotton pads offered at various stores fall apart and produce too much lint, so you have to rely on several of them to get the job done. Raise your hand if you've ever felt a vein pop in your temples, all because a stubborn piece of cotton puff won't let you get your nails as perfect as you'd want them to be. Or when your eyelids were "shredded to ribbons" as my MUA bestie gently puts it, because even a baby wipe, made for the most tender of bottoms, managed to fail you too. Do I dare mention how much it costs to fill wrinkles with beauty injections?

I've always been a fan of Shiseido products and Japanese care in general, as I truly believe they have a higher standard for excellence. I don't need more than two pads to effectively remove eye makeup and two is all I need to remove nail polish entirely. On average, I'd have to use from 5 and up of generic cotton pad, whereas even cheaper cotton balls were gone by the handful.

Now that I've bored you entirely, let's be bored more and do some sexy cost efficiency math:
Shiseido: 165 pads at $11 = $0.07/pad
Quo Luxury Cotton (Canadian SDM close dupe exclusive) 165 pads at $9 = $0.05/pad
Now onto crappier cotton disks:
Sephora Soft Touch Cotton pads: 70 pads at $5 = $0.07/pad
Drugstore brands: Usually about 100 pads averaging $4 a pack = $0.04/pad.

Considering I end up using twice as many generic pads as opposed to fewer of Shiseido, turns out indeed I've been paying twice for a very long time, while crying bloody tears from my irritated lids.

If you're willing to wrestle with an unattractive unsealable slit in the bag, by all means this product is for you. If you're more neurotic about the appeal, hygiene and airborne enemies (and you live in Canada), then Quo resealable package with subpar (but still effective) pads is your calling.

Bonus: If you reside in Greater Toronto Area and happen to live near Pacific Mall in Markham, Shiseido products will cost you less over there.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Whenever i use a make up remover that requires a cotton pad, i always reach for these. They were given to me by a relative who works in the skincare and beauty field. They are incredibly soft! So soft in fact, i like rubbing the pad between my fingers before use just cause i love the feel. I think the packaging needs a better means of opening, started using a plastic container to store my pads. The drugstore and dollar store cotton pads/balls are good to use for nail polish but for the face, they arent very ideal in my opinon.

P.s when i was caring for an abandoned newborn baby mouse a couple months ago, i used a couple of these cotton pads in the corner of his habitat and he would always bury himself in between the pads. I think even the mouse would agree these are extremely soft lol.

Will definitely buy when i run out!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I spent $11 on cotton squares?! Well I pay $3 + some change for 50 DS cotton rounds that scratch the hell out of my face & I get 160 for $11 so it's all good but I would spend $11 on stupid s--t anyways like the reviewer below me said. It's important to me to have small luxuries, those mean the most! This cotton is sooo-o soft & also very effective. It makes skincare much less of a drudgery & I believe my skin looks better now that I'm not scratching it all to hell & back I'm never using DS cotton again! When I get my cheque I am buying like 3 packs of these $33 worth of cotton is ridic but I like to have backups it's nice to. This cotton is exceptional, if ur on the fence just buy it!! It feels luxurious like I need creme de la mer next haha jk but yeah this is a lifelong commitment to buying these once u try them they are -that good-!!! I was missing out! Kind of like the DS fake nails I wear I got a wild hare up my a-- to buy a pack of those, bought some shiseido facial cotton both life altering changing events in my beauty life. Shiseido facial cotton is lyfe!! I cannot cut these in half, they are small too small to cut in half but if you can manage to, more power to ya!! I use these mainly for Clinique toner, oh & I use these soaked in pure acetone to pop off my glued on DS nails. Perf!!!!

am I missing something? can I get these in a resealable bag please??? and not only can you not reseal it but I had to rip into the bag like an animal...made a little hole...imagining lint dust and other yuckies getting on them. sure theyre soft...but the quo knock-offs are so similar and they have a ziplock type style which I prefer (for 5 bucks less). undecided...

The softest facial cotton I've ever used. I get this for RM15.80 from Sasa, and the only other facial cotton brand that comes close to this is the Kanebo facial cotton, which costs more. A cheaper version would be Muji's facial cotton at RM6.90 a pack, but this isn't as soft as the Shiseido one. The Shiseido facial cotton is oh-so soft, doesn't ball up on you (despite me splitting the pads into two - I'm stingy that way), and doesn't tug on my skin. I love this, and have been using this for years.

Popular Face Skincare Products