July 30, 2014 | 1020 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Up The Amp

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:20:00 PM More reviews by upinspace

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is probably my favorite MAC shade, although I'm bummed because it looks awful against my red hair currently. But that will be fixed soon. ;)

Anyways, I have very light pink lips and NC20 skin tone. On me, this color leans a lot more lavender than pink and is very wearable. It looks beautiful against varieties of blue and purple hair. I believe the finish is amplified and lasts about 2-3 hours until it needs touch ups. The color covers easily and feels moisturizing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by whimsicalcreature

I love Up The Amp!
I've bought it about 3 times, and (it could be because my hair was purple and it matched well)
however, it's not SO purple that it's like 'BOOM'. (even when my hair isn't purple..)
It's very pretty and I'm a NC25 in MAC shades and it's still flattering!

I wish it didn't come off so easily but it is an amplified formula so I guess that's the only con for me.
It doesn't flake at all; like a matte shade might.
: )

Will buy again~

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 11:14:00 AM More reviews by biniya123

I love the color its beautiful with purple and pink tones. it suits my skin tone well im medium light. would def recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by nadooshi474

One of my top favorites from mac! Love the formula and the beautiful purple color. Great on tan and dark skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2014 11:07:00 AM More reviews by RhondaGrl87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a beautiful shade of lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2014 9:07:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite MAC colors. I found it yesterday and decided to put it on. I then realized how much I missed it all summer. Beautiful pinky purple that I think is pretty for most skin tones. Brightens up your face and your mood.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by ilikemybed

My Up The Amp is nearly all gone so it's about time I wrote a review. This is a really unique shade of lipstick that always draws compliments when I wear it. It makes an interesting change from reds and pinks and what I have noticed is that it looks different on everyones lips. I don't have too much pigmentation in my lips so it really stands out as an amplified purple on me when first applied, (in a nice way!). After about an hour it wears away to more of a purple-pinkish tone, which is equally pretty. If you are planning to wear this and want it to last for the day, it won't. I would always carry mine with me and top it up fairly regularly. But i have to do this with all lipsticks really! Would definitely repurchase.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The picture does this lipstick no justice at all!
I get a much more purple colour when i apply it! Its a prettier more wearable version of heroine and i've had complements each time i wear it, due to it being such a unique, pretty, wearable colour!
Up the amp is a gorgeous lipstick that sits perfectly & lasts all day on well primed lips.
The colour flatters all i've seen wear it, it even suits my mum (47 and very fair skinned with light hair)

If you have blue/grey/green eyes this lipstick will make them POP and really complement them!
I wear this both smothered in fake tan and when i have pale makeup on and it suits both, it is a neutral purple that can be easily worn for a daytime look, or for a statement night time look...something a little different from the classic red!

As its an amplified finish it moisturises the lips and does not flake!

Will definitely repurchase!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by hellerenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hmmm... I liked this colour when I first bought it. But I have come to hate it. It just does not suit me well. I don't think it's ugly, and it probably looks gorgeous on others, but on me it just looks really weird. It doesn't go with any makeup I apply.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2014 1:21:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4eva28

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love up the amp it's such a festive happy colour it smells good and comes on well stay on really long x