Ivory Soap

3.8

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients: SODIUM TALLOWATE AND/OR SODIUM PALMATE, WATER, SODIUM COCOATE AND/OR SODIUM PALM KERNELATE, GLYCERIN, SODIUM CHLORIDE, FRAGRANCE, COCONUT ACID*, PALM KERNEL ACID*, TALLOW ACID*, PALM ACID*, TETRASODIUM EDTA.

Dove Sensitive and Ivory are my 2 all time favorite face and body cleansers! But where Ivory beats Dove is in it's wonderful scent. I LOVE the unique, crisp, clean scent of Ivory. This soap keeps my oily, breakout prone skin in check, and is no more drying than the millions of liquid face washes I have tried. My skin just does not like foaming liquid cleansers, I don't know why, but since I'm oily, I need more cleansing power than cream cleansers can provide. If you struggle with combo/oily, breakout prone, sensitive skin, I would recommend Ivory or Dove!

This is my baby. I love it. But I will be honest: if your skin is dry, this will not be your friend.

I find that it lathers perfectly, smells lemony and clean, makes me feel clean, and doesn't dry out my skin. I wouldn't recommend this is if you had dry skin, but this works wonderfully for my sensitive skin. My favourite part of this is how nice and clean I feel afterward, and how smooth my skin is. The smell is very lemony, and it always seems to make me feel happy. Did I mention how delightfully cheap it is?

I don't use this as a hand soap, as it is a little too harsh for my hands. My hands are pretty trashed by the job I do, and this will just dry them even more.

Tip: Don't use this soap on a discoid rash, and don't get it in your eyes.

on 3/24/2015 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I adore Ivory soap! It has a very light, clean smell and you get tons of foamy bubbles when using a shower puff. I don't use it on my face, but I use it everywhere else and it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin. I prefer to shower when using the Ivory bar soap because it leaves a type of scummy residue around the tub edges when you bathe with it. The scent reminds me of my childhood and I also use it when making DIY laundry detergent

on 1/18/2015 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap. Especially the scent. It has a fresh clean scent to it. The only downside to it is that it's not the best as far as moisturizing, which is why I don't use it on my lady parts. But overall I love it and it's super cheap...you can get a 3 pack at Walmart for about a dollar.

on 1/5/2015 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I've been battling acne for most of my adult life. Finding a cleanser that doesn't exasperate my acne, irritate my skin, that will play nice with my acne meds and remove all my makeup has been somewhat of a challenge. Ivory fits all the requirements. It lathers nicely, smells clean, removes all my makeup and doesn't break me out. Is it the sexiest cleanser out there? No. It never leaves my skin feeling tight and dry; just clean. And for the price it can't be beat.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

My mom swears by this stuff, and although I like it too, I can assure you there are far more better soaps out there.
It is very lightweight and not harsh on the skin. It doesn't have any exuberant properties from what I've read on the ingredient list so this doesn't target bacteria or anything; it is good for maintaining your skin's natural flora balance, which means this soap may not cause yeast infection in women after frequent use, (unlike Protex soap) which is good.
It has a faint fresh scent and it is NOT moisturizing at all. Every time I have used this soap my skin feels kind of dry so moisturizer is always necessary after showering.
For the cheap price this very basic soap is not that bad at all. You should give it a try!

on 11/19/2014 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This soap is very harsh on my dry skin. It exacerbates my eczema and leaves my skin very dry and itchy. It may work well for those with oily skin on their chest and back.

on 9/17/2014 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Ivory soap smells nice and clean but it is very drying so I don't use it anymore on my skin, even in the shower. But - I love it as a stain remover for my laundry! I just wet the bar, rub it on the stained spots, leave for a bit, then wash as usual. Works great every time and better (and also cheaper) than the spray stain removers out there.

on 8/5/2014 6:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this soap. I used it as a child always.
The problem is that it is very drying. It crumbles apart easily and I find it leaves terrible soap scum in the bathroom. It does have a very fresh clean scent though.
I must go back to my fave Dove for sensitive skin.
Even my kids and hubby asked for our regular soap again!
We did use the rest to blow up in the microwave (saw a link on fun experiments for kids!)

on 6/4/2014 1:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I love this soap. For bday and face. Gets off grime, fresh smelling, gentle in winter and great value.