August 28, 2014 | 1317 users online

Liquid - Shiseido - Sun Protection Liquid Foundation SPF 42 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED & REFORMULATED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by madcancer7

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

This is a review for the old formula. I don't wear foundation on a daily basis but when I do I wear this foundation. I love how this foundation provides me with good coverage without feeling as though I applied foundation. It's very lightweight and sinks right into my skin upon application without feeling heavy. I really enjoy wearing this foundation for this very reason. The SPF in it is an added bonus.
    I set it with my hourglass ambient lighting dim light powder and this combination is a winning one. My makeup lasts all day without fading and smudging. I live in a hot and humid country and makeup slides off easily as we sweat a lot but with this foundation, my makeup stays and I only need to blot once throughout the day. This foundation is also very easy to apply as it's very runny. I use my sigma F80 brush to blend the foundation into my skin.

However the cons of this product is that it can be very drying and skin must be really moisturised because any dry patches will be emphasised. Also the colour range isn't very wide. I am NC30 and wear SP50 and it's a bit too light for me but it's the best match. However it does oxidised slightly throughout the day so it matches my skin tone once it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 6:01:00 PM More reviews by Awemann

This is the thinnest liquid foundation I have used in a long time. At 33 with acne scars, combo skin, sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and big pores I have to work really hard to find something than offers full coverage without being a throwback to heavy pancake times. This site's reviews were so positive about this product, so I took the chance and bought two bottles (in order to get the free tote deal for suncare products)...and you know what? I'm glad I did. More expensive than any foundation I have purchased, but completely worth the money. I have been wearing it all day and here is what I think:

1. Should be used on exfoliated skin, as it does amplify dry patches. I had just exfoliated before application, but had some dry skin around a cut on my nose that the foundation magnified. The rest of my face looked very even after application.

2. Don't skip a moisturizer and primer. I used Shisedo's primer and serum samples that I recieved with my purchase. I let these products sink in the skin for about a half an hour.

3. Normally, I apply my foundation with a wedge sponge, but because this is expensive for me to use, I did not want to waste product to a sponge. I dabbed little bits at a time with my finger and gently pat the foundation onto my skin, I was careful not smear it in or go crazy with application and kept the amount used much more minimal than I normally would. It is true that this stuff dries quickly, so use only what you need as you go. Keep the bottle propped upright too or else it can ooze out.

4. I was awestruck at the gorgeous finish and coverage this has. My brown spots were nicely covered without feeling like I was wearing a mask of makeup. I did not to my surprise need to use any kind of setting powder or finish powder. The only shine or dewiness that occured was about an hour ago, eight hours into wearing this, and only mildly on my forehead which I just gently blotted at. This may not seem like a big deal, but for me it is everything. Usually, even with blotting and powder I am completely oily even an hour after my makeup has been applied.

5. My face feels so soft and smooth, and it doesn't leave foundation on my fingers when I touch my face (so that says it stays put)

6. I have not testing the waterproof factor, but will next week while I am on vacation as I will be in the pool and ocean a lot. But, something tells me that this is going to hold up very well.

6. The color, yes selection is limited, but the color I chose SP10 was perfect for my light and freckled skin. I believe it is the lightest color they offer. At first I was afraid it may be slightly too pale, but with the help of a gentle dusting of blush everything looked perfect. The color disappeared onto my wrist within seconds with no weird orangy or pink tone.

7. I have now stopped searching, this is loved and favorited right away. Thanks to all you other reviewers who helped me choose this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by alexisvictoriamusic

I never write reviews but this absolutely deserves it. Where has this been all my life?! Seriously THE MOST amazing foundation I have ever tried. I got the SP70 shade (dark ivory) for my summertime tan skin- I was afraid it was going to be too dark but it is actually perfect! I only used a little bit and then blended it in with a stippling brush and it looks beautiful. It feels light, covers all of my acne scars, and has a great finish. It's not cakey at all but not dewy either. Really stunning. I'm obsessed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by wooism

I am on the fence with this foundation.
    pros: beautiful coverage...long lasting

cons:
    1. Soooooooo hard to apply!!! Dries too quickly!
    2. If you have dry patches like I do...then this foundation will amplify them. Looks REALLY cakey if applied with a sponge.
    3. When I remove this foundation, my skin feel irritated and extremely dry! Almost feels like its on fire

Summary: I would only use this foundation once in a while because your skin will have to recover from it the next day or so. Definitely not a everyday foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Empyrean_Luminary

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This might actually be my holy grail foundation! I have this in Light Ivory and it is an exact match to my skin--I blend with my fingers or the sponge it comes with and it covers redness, spots, etc. perfectly. Easy to blend, semi-matte finish, gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! It even has Paula Begoun's "Best" rating! This wears all day and the sunscreen is out of this world. SPF 42??? Yes, please! Wow!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by Emmamua

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love love love this foundation! Because it is water resistant once you apply it, it doesn't move at all and if your oily it stays perfect also, I also go swimming with it and it doesn't not come off and it also has 30 plus broad spectrum sunscreen in it so if I'm out side it's a just and I love the fact it's a full coverage also. I love setting it with the powdery foundation with makes my skin look fawless!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by soleil91

I'm a fair yellow based asian; MAC NC20ish. Light Ochre is PERFECTION... it is very very yellow based and perfect for asian skin, contrary to the pink under tone it seems to have on the sephora website (i think they put up a wrong swatch color).
    In the first week I tried it, I fell in LOVE. It is FULL coverage, watery consistency, very light weight, semi-matte finish.. and stayed on all day. i LOVED IT SO MUCH. i thought i'd found my new HG foundation. I was so happy.
    However.. it was too good to be true.
    I have combination skin that is both oily and has some dry patches at times; this foundation, in a week, greatly exacerbated my dry patches and they became very irritated and drier. My face stopped being oily and became completely dried out; further, it broke out a bunch on the chin and cheeks... and i never break out in those areas. Alas, this foundation and I were not meant to be :(
    I'm SO SAD... because the color was a DREAM (hard to find for me..) and coverage, finish, & staying power were PERFECTION......
    BOO! :(

rated 3 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:11:00 PM More reviews by Corrinne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not my favorite foundation by a long shot but....it is great for those summer days when I have to be outside all day at soccer games or baseball games, etc. It's an odd texture and the cololr match is ok but not great. The best thing about it is the sun protection factor which means I don't have to have 6 layers of stuff on my face. I use my regular sunscreen, this and then throughout the day use my powder sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2014 5:28:00 PM More reviews by veronicacolombia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a very long lasting foundation. But even if it is very watery, it is not really that invisible on the skin. Quite the opposite: It looks like Mac´s Face and Body, but whereas Face and Body is truly invisible, if you have lines - you need to be careful with this one. I use this one in the summer as it doesn't go anywhere after hours, and it has a good coverage (as opposite to Face and Body)... I put only one layer and sheer it out extremely well under my eyes. It is matt, and it looks powdery if you put too much or more than one layer. I wouldn't recommend it to older woman unless you really put a thin layer... I sometimes wonder if women who write reviews here, look at their skin in a day light or a car mirror... In a dark bathroom with artificial light many foundations look beautiful....

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by narinja

I am very sad to leave a negative review because it was one of my favorute products for years. I have melasma,so I need good sun protection plus coverage and it provided both, but today I recieved my new order, why the ingredients are sooooo different????
    Before there was Titanium dioxide 13.9 % but now it is just 4.1 %. No Other active ingredients. How can SPF be the same as before as it is marked SPF 42 and there is no PA++ on the package as before. THere is no term of use or production date to know how long I can use it. Feel very disappointed especially for the low Titanium dioxade %, I don 't understand how it can be like this:(

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No