April 20, 2014 | 1521 users online

Blush - NARS - Gilda

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:58:00 PM More reviews by ConfessionsofaDiorAddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great blush for lighter skin tones. Gives the perfect pop of color. Absolutely georgeous! Freshes and wakes up my face in the morning. Love it for a natural/almost face day.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2013 11:27:00 PM More reviews by Emilyy777

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My one and only blush! I will never use another shade again.
This blush blends so perfectly and really compliments my fair skin tone, it gives that natural corally flush to your cheeks :)
I love that it is matte and that a little goes a long way.
It is quite pricey here in Australia, which sucks, but I won't need to re-purchase for a very long time!
Definitely recommend to anybody who has fair skin and isn't a fan of glittery/shimmery blush like myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such an amazing matte blush. This is an apricot/peach blush. It appears to be more red based in the pan but it isn't. It is such a unique and perfectly balanced peachy/orange shade that gives the skin, especially darker skin, a natural flush.

The closest blush I have in my collection that I can compare this to is Milani's now discontinued mineral blush in "Sunset Beach" which is still a little more red.

Gilda looks a little lighter in the pan than it really is. It is a super pigmented blush. On my medium brown skin, I need just one dab for each cheek. Additionally, matte blushes are usually harder to blend but the formula of this blush is amazing as expected from Nars.

I think the price on this is ridiculous though. This blush would last me an extremely long time. I'd say I wouldn't purchase again but I'd be kidding myself because Nars blushes are really great quality. I'd probably wait for a friends and family sale or when Nars have blush palettes available. But I honestly couldn't justify buying this at full price.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by LovesPromos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I do love this blush. It's matte and goes on like butter. I think this color would look great on all skin tones, just using the appropriate amount. On me, it leans more coral and i love that. There is another NARS blush that is compared to Gilda, and that's Gina. They are in the same family but Gina is definitely brighter and leans more orange where as Gina has more pink in it an leans toward the coral side. Both are beautiful. Highly recommend for spring/summer and you can definitely use it in the colder months for a pick me up.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sarahfeeni

This is a gorgeous blush which I tend to ignore and not give fair credit to since I tend to only wear rose, pink and plum toned blushes. I actually had this blush years ago and swapped it away. I repurchased it a few weeks ago after getting my MU done at the NARS counter. I had previously (and still am) been very concerned about anything looking Orange on me and I assumed that this blush would be extremely orange on my skin. It truly isn't, its a very soft peachy coral. truly quite tame and quite beautiful.

Currently I am obsessed with wearing this and a lipstick from Aveda called "Sheer Melochia flower". They go together perfectly. I just ordered NARS love devotion and I think that will look great with this as well for a fresh summer look. I feel like I look younger when I wear a light wash of this over tinted moisturizer with the Aveda lipstick. It also makes my eyes look bluer and goes well with my blond hair. I find it does not look that good with very pink lipsticks as it makes my cheek look the dreaded orange. Looks great with NARS Giza lip gloss too. (guava)

People often say that this is Torrid without the shimmer. I think it is less dusty and less orangey as Torrid though that is a beautiful color as well. There is something special about the matte, satin finish of Gilda and I just prefer that more now. As far as other coral blushes are concerned I also like BB shimmer blush in coral. These are similar except Gilda is sans shimmer or glitter.

For reference I am a caucasion, medium-warm toned and can get very tan if I let myself. I don't wear foundation much but I'm around NC-35 -40. (I actually prefer Aveda tinted moisturizer. I am color #3 in the winter and #4 in the summer. )

A little trivia: Supposidly this is the THE color that Anna Paquin( "Sookie" )on True Blood wears. I'll have to look more closely this summer when it airs to see if I can tell that she is wearing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Meladamilky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this blush. It's very pigmented, so you have to be careful when apply this blush. I have NC40-42 skin tone. This blush makes me look healthy glow without ending up like a disco ball with shimmery blushes. I find myself reach for this blush very often during the summer time.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 5:25:00 AM More reviews by Horny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought Gilda off the internet purely based on the reviews. Quite the mistake, doh! On my NC30/C4 skin the colour is a corally orange, but its very flat and dull looking. It doesnt give me any type of glow, and looks quite stark. I also have Mac's Melba, which is a very similar colour, and that looks lovely me on me! It is much more tropical/bronzy. I am not sure why Gilda doesnt work.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by Sylvia60

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Green

On a dreary November day last year I caught a glimpse of my pale face and knew I needed to start using a good blush.
During my lunch break I went to Sephora and asked the nice Nars lass to tell me which blush was for me.
She told me that Gilda was perfect for me and she was so, so right.
I use the Nars Yachiyo brush with this and am so happy with the results.
If you're looking for a matte, warm glow to give your appearance, do consider Gilda!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Gilda is a matte coral blush with a very strong peach undertone. Itís often compared to another NARS blush, Gina, but I would say that Gina is more of a tangerine shade, whereas Gilda is more coral, but essentially both reside in the peach family. The reason I bought it was because in these colder months, Gina is far too bright and stark on my paler skin, even when I use a very light hand.
As with all NARS blushes, Gilda has a fine silky texture and excellent pigmentation Ė you literally need to run your brush once through the pan and apply to your cheeks. I really it, gives me a gorgeous peachy flush! The fact that it is totally matte means it leaves a satin finish on my cheeks and lasts all day long without fading. The powder is so finely milled that applying and blending it is so easy, but I always make sure I use a light hand using my Bdellium Tools contour brush and then build up if I need to. Because it is matte, I find myself using other blushes over the top for added dimension, such as MAC Margin and Sunbasque, applied directly the cheekbone. You could also use highlighter if you want to, no problem! It doesnít clash with the rest of my make up, and I think it would be a great blush choice for women with medium-undertones to their skin, especially if you like the coral-pinkish flush it gives off.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2012 10:19:00 AM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

This is one amazing blush. I saw this on Christine from the Temptalia blog. When it arrived (I had to buy this online as Sephora does not seem to carry this shade), I was a little shocked. It thought it would be too light. Instead, it was perfect. The color is a beautiful coral.

As for the quality of the blush, it's perfect. It has a smooth texture to it. It picks up well on the brush. The pigmentation is great. The wear-time is quite long. I love this blush.