April 20, 2014 | 1311 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jm7286

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sad to say that in addition to crappy, greasy coverage, this foundation seems to have broken me out in HORRIBLE cysts and pimple clusters. I got it on clearance; maybe it was expired, but this is the second Almay foundation that has disagreed with my skin. (I used Almay Lasting...the breakout wasn't as bad, but it still happened. My reaction to CC has been a nightmare, though.)

I use salicylic acid daily and without trouble, so I was surprised how awful this was for my skin.

(Caveat--I have severe hormonal acne and it's that time of the month.)

All that said, be wary. Revlon Colorstay isn't great and no foundation really is if you have severely acne-prone, sensitive, big-pored skin, but I will be going back to that and will have to continue to look for something to mix it with so the coverage isn't so cakey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 11:16:00 AM More reviews by laurentaylor88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I used to use this foundation as my go-to every day, but have since ceased using it once I realized it was the main source of my makeup woes. The coverage is light-medium at best. Only medium if you layer it on. Layering it on is also a terrible idea. It cakes and cracks easily, and has the tendency to oxidize horribly and make my skin look too dark and blotchy. As soon as I switched to Revlon ColorStay for Oily skin, everything was fine. I didn't change my powder, and my makeup has a flawless look to it now instead of a dry, cakey mess.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/11/2014 6:19:00 AM More reviews by jess2133

Okay, so I bought this foundation in the hopes that it would be a foundation that I could use without the risk of making my existing moderate acne worse. If your skin responds well to salicylic acid, then this foundation would probably be a good choice for you. But mine doesn't, and I completely forgot about that while I decided to purchase this foundation. It did dry up existing acne, but it made new ones come up. They were always little bumps, they were never big spots, but there were HEAPS of them. It was this never-ending cycle of making me breakout, they drying the existing acne up but bringing up new spots at the same time. The only conclusion I can make is that because salicylic acid is an exfoliant, it just kept making my skin "purge", the same way a clarisonic does. I used it for about a month, hoping that the purging might stop, but in the end I just gave up on it and switched back to my revlon colourstay, which funnily enough doesn't break me out at all and gives me pretty great coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 8:21:00 PM More reviews by LongBeachGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love everything about this foundation. Started wearing it 10 years ago when my beautiful sister recommended this to me and have worn nothing but ever since. The compliments on my skin over the years are too many to count and I owe it to this foundation which I am sure has improved my skin. Happy that the bottle is now a pump cause the old one leaked badly. Total HG!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by GeorgiePorge

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very good

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 11:31:00 PM More reviews by Tarzmahal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Pros:
- It contains salicylic acid.
- It did not bother my sensitive skin
- Well packaged
- Good price

Cons:
- Changes colour throughout the day
- Is not very long lasting
- Can be drying
- Selection of shades isn't great (nothing acceptable for my fair, cool skin tone)
- Poor coverage
- Not a very natural finish

I tried this product for a month. Then i tried mixing it with other products. I won't be buying this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2014 1:18:00 AM More reviews by Mewables

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good everyday foundation. The medication and oil control does nothing for me, the amount of oil my skin produces is beyond control, so I don't even expect it. Won't even control oil on my eyelids after several hours. It has staying power, though. I just want an even coverage. Blends very nicely, matches my skin and looks natural. Not cakey, doesn't irritate, don't notice any funky odors. Very buildable for the always-reddish spots I have on my cheeks and around my nose. I like a moderate coverage versus a sheer one, so I use a bit more of this, but I love how buildable it is. I can cover a breakout with this. I will continue to use this foundation.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by aliaathirahhh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Not bad

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by Sophiebops

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have sensitive, acne prone skin but I also tend to get dry in certain areas, so foundation can sometimes be tricky for me. I first got this foundation around christmas time because i needed something that would cover up my annoying break out but not make it worse. I tried this a few times and it made my dry patches stand out and my skin looked dead. I switched back to my bb cream that i have been using for years, but was disappointed with the low coverage over my acne.
A few days ago, I decided to mix the foundation + the bb cream together to create a mixture that wouldn't dry me out, would cover up my acne sufficiently, and stay all day!!! I love this and I think this will become my holy grail foundation from now on. If you have sensitive skin like me, try this out!!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/19/2014 9:10:00 PM More reviews by teller5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Much to my surprise, I found myself liking this foundation. The price is decent, it has a pump, the colour is spot on and I often find it difficult to find foundations pale enough for my skin. The consistency is somewhat thick, but sheers out nicely. It stays put, doesn't oxidize, or make me look oily and most importantly it does not break me out. This is a great back up foundation to my high end stuff. The reason I said I would not repurchase because I like to try out new products, not because this foundation has any shortcomings.