July 28, 2014 | 1378 users online

Makeup Brushes - The Body Shop - Eyeshadow Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 5/3/2013 2:53:00 PM More reviews by BlueTutu

This is much too thin to work as an eyeshadow brush. It picks up hardly any product at all. I sometimes use it with cream eyeshadows but mainly as a concealer brush - although I prefer my smaller concealer brushes over this one. On the plus side I've had it a few years and it's very sturdy and doesn't shed hairs but still not worth the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 5:33:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This brush has stiff bristles and colour goes on easily, I like the design of the brush.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/20/2013 5:10:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

I won't repurchase not because of anything but this brush just doesn't break (like all TBS brushes).

I got the travel mineral eye shadow brush.
It is good, soft and yet stiff enough. Not a fantastic brush in my opinion but good enough for beginners or travelling. Doesn't blend well as it's too stiff and flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 9:28:00 PM More reviews by feveragnes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think all The Body Shop brushes are overlooked - people like Bobbi brown and MAC, but some brushes from the Body Shop do way better than the 'professional' brands! but of course, not all.

This is the best brush I have used from The Body Shop. It is very soft, but stiff enough to sculpt my eyes, and it is dense to get enough eyeshadows. I use this to apply eyeshadows precisely on my eyes, and it works well. The long handle is easy to use too, and of course, it never sheds a bit and it's cruelty-free!

Good for both beginners and pros! x

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by stls

I don't think it packs enough eyeshadow for a good colour pay off but works nicely for highlighting inner corners and the area under the brow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This brush is soft and easy to apply make up with. I like it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by kawanii

This was my first eyeshadow brush ever. Recently, I was using it and it didn't really apply my powder eyeshadow and the handle and metal part fell apart because the glue that stuck them together dried out so I can pull them apart. Probably won't repurchase but it was worth a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/5/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Jayjaybean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the way this brush looks and feels. It doesn't shed at all, or at least not so far (washed several times) I got it as a GWP so the price was right :) This doesn't work with dry shadows at all. The bristles are too stiff and won't pick up enough colour. However, this works well for creams and whatnot. I use it with wet applications as well. The stiff bristles make it an ideal eyeliner brush. I'm pretty happy with it overall. At 15 bucks, I doubt I would repurchase. I can get a better brush for cheaper elsewhere.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2010 6:00:00 PM More reviews by starberry237

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is a stiff-like which makes it better for a eyeliner brush and i find it works better on cream textured products not powder. At first i used it a bit and the bristles split and kinda stuck to each other. I like how this doesn't shed at all. After i have used this brush numerous times, it performed wonderfully. I have to clean it once a week using shampoo and i clean it after each use using makeup remover towelettes. After I clean it, it bristles are shiny and new looking. I recommend to make sure no products get at the end of the brush near the handle. Since the brush is hard and a bit thin it works well to but on gel eyeliner or a eyeshadow as a liner. I think it's best for putting concealer around a pimple since it can maneuver around the pimple well.
Price: $15.50CAD i had a 50% off coupon which made it $7.25.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/9/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by kissesinbetween

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is not a very good eyeshadow brush at all. Let me explain why.
Firstly, after the first time I washed it, the brush starts to 'spilt' as in you know how come girls have bangs and sometimes there is a gap in the middle because they did not comb it properly or so? Yeah that is the same thing that happened to my brush and I was like OMG what happened, and I thought I was too rough with it but I wasn't! It'll be fine after some reshaping, but after time it will still continue to 'spilt'.
Secondly, this brush is not dense at all. It's not too good at picking up eyeshadow with it and applying it on the lids. Maybe it'll be fine to pack on or dust eyeshadow onto the lids instead but then again you have to swirl it several times before enough eyeshadow is on your brush. It does an okay job for applying eyeshadow on, but not good enough
Thirdly, it's quite pokey. Some times, not every time, when I apply eyeshadow onto my lids, the bristles literally pokes my lid and it hurts!
Fourthly, it's O-V-E-R-P-R-I-C-E-D. I'm pretty sure you can find A MUCH BETTER brush at this price, or cheaper. Try E.L.F or Eco Tools. I've seen a fake TBS eyeshadow brush in a store and it might be better? It looks more dense as well too.

Okay what I like about this brush though, is using the tip to apply gel liners or eyeshadow as a liner because it is so thin.

In a nutshell:
This brush sucks and overpriced, I take forever to apply eyeshadow onto my eyes as it does not pick up most eyeshadow and does not apply well onto my eyelids. You're better off with E.L.F dollar eyeshadow brush. Will not repurchase.