March 2, 2015 | 1068 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Night Magic

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2015 3:44:00 PM More reviews by suzycurlyq

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I just love this stuff! It is so wonderful! I just dropped the little rollerball in my bathroom and it broke and went all over the place and well I am so surprised that to have all that everywhere it just is not overpowering and is still just delicious! I will have to replace this immediately!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was enticed by the musk, incense, aldehydes and sandalwood - all of which I like. Finally succumbed to a $10 sale of cologne spray, perfumed cream and body powder. First tested the spray. The musk is unmistakably present. Mixed with the cool incense brings to mind baby powder. With my nose and wrist about a foot apart, I could only detect a hint of citrus. Closer up, the aldehydes and ylang-ylang appear but so faintly that it can be mistaken for citrus. Too much musk which obliterates everything else. Longevity is lacking for this cologne. Wonder why there is no eau de parfum or toilette??

For aldehyde lovers, I suggest the cream instead of the spray. The aldehydes and ylang-ylang are both more prominent and enjoyable, the musk less intense and the baby powder scent is non-existent. Not headache-inducing. Definitely would stock up on cream than spray.

I would not repurchase the spray but would indulge on the cream which is a better scent IMO. The cream is super cheap anyway.

One spray on me:
- Sillage: a foot in first 15 minutes then can detect within 6 inches
- Longevity: skin scent for 2 hours
- Rating: spray 2/5, cream 3/5 but could be higher if sillage was bigger than nose-to-wrist

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by RedRose13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is by far my favourite (at the moment) and I am sure it will be a go to for me for a very long time. I got it for Christmas and loved it immediately. Also, it lasts for a long time, which is a plus. I will definitely be buying more when I run out :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 7:17:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I tried this for the first time today. I won 2 bottles on Listia. WOW! This is one of my faves now! Soft, powdery, musky...my new HG!!! And my hubby loves it too, which is a plus! Way to go Avon! This is how fragrances should be!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by blueberryfrost

Night Magic is a lovely, simple powder fragrance. It's a sweet powdery scent with a touch of vanilla and some musk. I got a set of the spray, roll-on deodorant, body powder, and skin softener for $10, so it's a total bargain. I happen to like powdery scents, so I love this one. Night Magic is a sweet powder, compared to Sweet Honesty which is more of a clean laundry powder scent. I love it on days when I want to smell nice and fresh; it's not strong or overwhelming... reapplication will be needed after a few hours. I love wearing this before bed.. here's a convo between me and my fiance one night: Him "mmmm you smell nice." Me "what do I smell like?" Him "like love."

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2012 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I often wonder if Canadian formulations are different... I have been wearing Avon Night Magic Evening Musk since 1987. It is a beautifully blended classic white musk with incense and a hint of vanilla, very much like TBS White Musk only softer and minus the lily note that goes rank on my skin. It is the only white musk I can wear because it doesn't have the floral screech often identified with white musk. I receive compliments from men, women, and children whenever I wear it -and often long after I no longer can smell it on myself. I am in the minority regarding the packaging... I love it. You can't beat the price. I just recently ordered a full size trio of fragrance, deodorant and powder for $7.99 CAD.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Being an Avon Rep. I got two older perfumes for very cheap but I do not care for either of them! This review is for Night Magic though so let's do it. I cannot remember smelling this one even on a paper but I bought it due to the notes listed. Big mistake! On me this one does not smell good at all. I gave it a 3 rating because of it's long lasting ability, but I find it very strange that when I do not care for an Avon scent it last forever but when I like it, it disappears in a half of an hour or less! It must be the musk that disagrees with my chemistry, whatever it is, it reeks to me.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2012 10:58:00 AM More reviews by chayaNY

I have the powder version of this scent. I have to agree with Radchickee a few reviews below. This immediately reminded me of my beloved Jovan Musk upon opening the container. I also get baby powder, yes a little vanilla. I can only speak of the powder having never sampled the fragrance otherwise, but I love the aforementioned scents. I love soft, powdery, want to nuzzle up to someone kind of scents. I have bought two Avon powders recently after reading about layering oils, ten spray then powders to have a longer lasting scent. I plan to try this. I also love the old fashioned-ness of it, that old school glamour of scented powders. There is no talc, which I like and the finish is pretty, no shimmer nor sparkle, just a nice little sheen.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by csardo56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very harsh. Sneezed until I scrubbed it off. Gave it to a very nice little old lady.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2011 2:33:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

4 words: glorified baby powder scent!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No