August 22, 2014 | 1025 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Rabbit349

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is amazing. I was a little reluctant to buy since beautypedia claims it doesn't work because of ph, but decided to try based on glowing reviews and recommendations for a friend. I have kp on my arms, and these little bumps on my legs that are a bit like kp and have just always been there (literally, I've had them for years) and literally just feel like every pore on my leg skin is clogged.

I tried this lotion and yes, as others have stated, the smell isn't the most pleasant. However, I'm not big on fragrance free products, so I'll accept the smell. It dissipates fairly soon. Also, skin feels a little sticky for a short period of time after putting the lotion on, which also dissipates. But that said, because of the stickiness, I tend to use this a night, not in the morning, just because I don't have the time in the morning to wait for the to dry.

The effect on my skin has been incredible, and so fast! Within a couple of days, the skin on my legs has been smoother than it has been in probably over 10 years. The effect compounds, so the more you use it, the smoother the skins gets. After a while, I could use it every other day to maintain. I briefly stopped using this while I was on vacation because I didn't want to carry the big bottle, and the bumps came back within a couple of days, so this lotion has definitely been fully responsible for the magic.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2014 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Nancygia

I really can't understand the positive reviews on this lotion. First, it reeks like ammonia. Second, it leaves a tacky feeling that lasts well past the time I get dressed. But the most important thing for me is that it doesn't help at all with KP, which was why I bought it in the first place. I know from Beautypedia it is because the pH is too high.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:59:00 AM More reviews by nlarace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love love love this stuff. I get the gigantic bottle from Costco and keep it in my shower. I turn off the water and just lather myself with this. It works wonders for dry skin and ingrown hair, both of which are a problem for me. I also coat my feet with it, and it helps keep my toes looking pedicure-fresh.

This is one of the best pharmacy finds out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2014 2:25:00 PM More reviews by lucilletwo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is a lifesaver. After putting on shorts and venturing outside into natural light for the first time after this very harsh winter, I discovered that my legs were a mess. They were covered in both red and flesh colored bumps and my skin tone was terrible, bordering on sallow. Knowing I would need to have my legs exposed in a dress at a spring wedding, I purchased the generic formula lotion at CVS for the KP on my legs, hips, arms, and the backs of my hands.

I wasn't expecting a miracle, but I also wasn't expecting the results I received. Within a week of nightly use, I ventured outside again to discover that my skin tone was much more even and the bumps had greatly reduced. Within another week, my skin looks better than it has in years. I still have some flesh colored bumps in my legs, but they are hardly noticeable. I anticipate that they will go away with continued use of the lotion. My hands are now completely clear of KP.

I have extremely sensitive skin and was afraid that I would experience irritation. Not only have had no irritation, but I started mixing a small drop of this lotion into my nightly Cerave PM moisturizer two times a week and wake up with glowing skin. I have perioral dermatitis and I am acne prone but I have experienced no reaction in using this on my face. I am pretty impressed.

The smell is kind of gross...I think it smells like glue. However, it dissipates in 5-10 minutes and doesn't linger. I only use the lotion before bed (post-shower), so the odor is a non-issue for me.

While the price is high for body lotion (even the generic), I really wish I would have discovered this product sooner. Since it does what it says, the price is worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by gfreling

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my go-to moisturizer, it works wonders on my dry, flaky, winter skin. I use it every day after the shower and my skin stays soft and moisturized all day. In addition to moisturizing it is working on the sun damage brown spots that have popped up on my legs and arms, they look lighter and my skin has a lovely glow. The high percentage of alpha hydroxy acid,12%, really works wonders. Just remember to use sun block when you are using any alpha hydroxy product.

The only drawback is the smell and the lingering stickiness. The smell is off-putting at first but the results are so good that I choose to overlook it. I don't have an issue with the stickiness as long as I wait a little before putting on my cloths.

Over a recent ski trip I ran out of my expensive facial moisturizer and used this on my face (yikes!), it worked so well for the dryness I am now using it when my facial skin is particularly dry. I do not have sensitive skin so maybe those of you who do should not try this but it sure works for me. I can't believe that there is not more hype about this product, maybe because there is no marketing. You could easily spend 3x as much on a moisturizer and not get such good results.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

Definitely not the most pleasant lotion in the world to use. Apparently sodium lactate is hydrophilic? meaning that it draws moisture into the skin, which is good, but it also explains the tacky, sticky feeling those of us in moist climates experience. At one time I swore to myself that after I finished the bottle I would never buy it again because I was so sick of the clammy, sticky feeling of having my pajamas cling to me for hours after I applied it, but then I discovered that the stickiness is much less annoying if I apply it right after a shower. Not gone entirely, mind you, but not nearly as bad.

Since that discovery I plan to re-buy, at least for use in the winter (In hot weather when I'm already sweaty it's just too miserable) because this stuff really does mean business. I already had a habit of exfoliation, every time I shower with a Salux, and I was skeptical that a chemical exfoliant could make much difference but it really does. Not only is my skin very soft and smooth, alternating the AHA in Amlactin with a salicylic acid solution eliminates breakouts on my body, evens my skin tone and fades marks.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 12:23:00 PM More reviews by canubelievit

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use this only on my face. It feels too sticky on my arms and legs and takes too long to dry. On my face, it burns, really burns for more than a minute. Then, when it stops burning, it's fine - no smell, no tackiness, nothing. It's so moisturizing, i get no flakes even from Tazorac every 3rd night. I hope that as I continue to use it, I'll have skin like that of the lady in the pictures (reviewer Syrie) - dewy, luminous skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2013 7:30:00 PM More reviews by zernelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought a huge bottle of this at Costco for around $20, so although it's still kind of pricey for a body lotion, it wasn't outrageously priced. This lotion is amazing, as it simultaneously moisturizes and exfoliates my skin. Using it daily on my legs makes them glow more than the shimmery body lotion I used to use on them. Regular usage also helps to fight and prevent bikini bumps and keratosis pilaris. It does sting if I use it on broken skin, and it doesn't have the most pleasant smell, but the smell doesn't bother me. Overall, I really love this product.

Ingredients: Water, Lactic Acid Neutralized With Ammonium Hydroxide, Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth-4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2013 12:52:00 PM More reviews by vegasgirl

I have very bad acne and this does not break my face out it helps control breakouts . it has also faded my post hyperpigmentation from previous acne marks ! and improved my skin tone . if your just starting start slow then use daily. it is lactic acid lotion after all . I will buy this again

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 12:46:00 PM More reviews by aquaprincess

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used it for two weeks on my kp, applying it twice a day and it did nothing for it. I'm sick of spending so much money on treatments that don't work. Im done.