NYX Slim Eye Pencil - 901 Black

3.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 8/28/2015 11:19:00 AM

This is by far the worst eyeliner I have ever used in my entire life . I bought this nyx pencil in the colour purple and it did not show up on my skin at all really no matter how much pressure I applied . I would at least expect this product to show up on the lids but it can't even do that . Stay away from this!

on 8/15/2014 6:31:00 PM

EDIT: I don't know if the product changed or I did. At the beginning, this product was amazing (see below). but now, it smudges down to my lashline and makes me look like I have dark circles - it does that less if you set the liner with an eyeshadow, but it still noticeably smudges nonetheless. i've also tried to use it on my lid but only 3 hours in and the colour has already faded to a pathetic "dark" transparent grey. I have no idea what happened to it. unfortunately, i have to say that this product is just not for me anymore. i'm back on the hunt for a good black eyeliner :(

I finally found my HG black eyeliner for tightlining my waterline!
Before I found this liner, everything would smudge down onto the bottom of my eyes horribly and it would make me look like I just spent the past hour sobbing. But not this pencil! I can easily make my lashes look fuller just by tightlining my upper lashline with this pencil and it works like a dream! It looks very black, and it's super water resistant in that it never EVER smudges on me. I love love love love loooove this product. I would highly recommend it!!

This is my first eyeline/eyebrow and its horrible. Pretty hard to put on, easily smug and couldn't last at all. Even though is really cheap, just stay away from it.

on 5/4/2014 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I purchased the automatic version of this. While I liked that the pencil was skinny enough to get in between the lashes, the color smudged like crazy, especially on the inner corner of my top lid. I did not even attempt to line the bottom line or the waterline.

Color payoff was not great either. Looked more like a smudged charcoal as opposed to matte black.

on 3/29/2014 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

It's not as quite as good as my Urban Decay Zero pencil but I do keep this in my purse makeup bag for touchups. I have repurchased this twice now and I find it worth the price and it's far better than other drugstore brands. Decent pigmentation, great price and I do recommend to those on a budget.

on 3/8/2014 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This goes on really smooth. But since I use it on my water/tight line it washes down it doesn't stay on my tight/water line. But it goes on very smooth.

on 10/28/2013 1:19:00 AM

Nyx is the kind of company that has the hit and miss scenario. While I LOVE their butter glosses, this product was a complete flop to me. It didn't give me pigmentation, stain power, or blending ability.

Ugh. I can't complain too harshly since I didn't pay much for it.
However, I wouldn't recommend this product if you're looking for a
promising eyeliner that would last you throughout the day. I could see
a little kid using this for fun (like dress up). It fades fast and comes off easily.

on 8/11/2013 5:00:00 AM

bought a lot and in all sorts of colors, only abt $2 so i figured it was a good starter liner pencil. good pigments, not so good staying power, essily smudges when i dont want it too but its ok i only use it for when im going out for a short period of time

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

its an alright product. when i apply it to my hand, it seems smooth and creamy enough but when i apply it to my upper lash line it seemed stiff and tugged on my eyes, which i hate. it didnt wear well either, it seemed to fade after 2 hours. it also seemed to not dry well either, it could smudge it even an hour later after application. for some reason it worked ok in my lower waterliner. it didnt irritate my eyes, but didnt last long. its a shame though, because it is very pigmented.

i think that this worked better for my brows. i dont go crazy with my brows, but i lightly run this into my brows and it makes them look better (as is getting rid of slightly sparse areas). i wouldnt go crazy though, because the product is pigmented and makes your brows look super weird if you put too much.

overall, i'm not going to buy this again. i have much better eyeliners and eyebrow pencils (like the nyx automatic eyebrow pencil, i love that).

on 6/18/2013 8:35:00 PM

This product is okay, but throughout the day as I wear it as a liner, it smudges to my lower lash line. I'm sort of indifferent about it. You get what you pay for.