July 25, 2014 | 1049 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Dark

rated 2 of 5 on 9/20/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by jaycarr

Age: Unknown Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Didn't work for me. I typically use a transculent powder for oil control, but I love the MAC Studio Fix Pressed Powder (NW44) so I gave it a try. It didn't control my oil at all. I will say it doesn't look cakey, and if applied lightly doesn't look ashy either. But as far as keeping oil at bay it was a dud. I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2013 8:38:00 PM More reviews by missmelsie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't really find this blot powder very good for oil control, but it's one I come back to time and time again so it must have something going for it!

Firstly, even though it's virtually transparent in coverage, it's good to have the different shades available. I am NC43-ish and dark suits me perfectly, however medium-dark (which is what I was originally recommended) looked too light, even with the tiniest of applications.

The finish looks gorgeous - it sets my makeup and fills in the pores on my nose, but after a few hours the shine really breaks through and I'd much rather blot with a paper than reapply, unless I'm busy and on the go.

However, I love the compact, it's small and light enough to fit in any bag, especially small evening clutches. It's perfect for touch ups when you're on the go. The mirror is great, the only downside would be there's no separate compartment for the puff, so it gets quite dirty and oily (considering the nature of this product, you're applying it directly onto oily skin!), but to have a separate compartment would add bulk, so I can live with it.

Overall, it's handy to have in your bag if you're a busy girl. You can swipe this stuff on and not worry about it looking cakey and obvious if you don't have time to buff it out. It's not the greatest for oil control in my opinion, but with a great compact size and good shades, I'll stick with it for a bit longer.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Rumz

I bought this powder to mattify my t-zone and keep it shine free. The first one I bought was completely broken on the day when I opened it so had to return it. Before careful with this powder as its rather delicate, I'm always afraid when I travel with it and don't keep it on my bag on daily basis as I'm quite rough with my bag. When you put it on it does the job, however you MUST re-apply if you want the effect to last. I have no time in the day to reapply so this powder isn't that useful to me. In terms of colour its translucent so doesn't get cakey and because its dark it doesn't give the ghostface effect that normal translucent powders give.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2013 6:39:00 PM More reviews by nlakhani

great powder. ive finished three pans now and use it daily. really controls shine and grease on the face and handy to carry everywhere. matches my skin tone without looking chalky. couple of things to remember:
-keep face clean and before re applying take a tissue and remove shine and then apply powder. much more effective and wont block pores or cause break outs.

- use a face brush that u wash regulary and keep clean. ensure you carry your brush in a separate plastic wallet to avpid brish picking up dust and dirt from.the bottom.of your make up bag. this also keeps your blot powder pallet clean and bacteria free.

- avoid using the puff provided in the powder. will end up transfering bacteria and oils into powder and back onto skin.

this powder ia brilliant and have never looked back since using it
nothing else on the market compares and im allergic to talc and this doesnt contain it. also the powder ia very mild on the skin from the ingrediants list.

EDIT: 11th Marc - After discovering the Medium/Dark shade, Dark is not the right colour for me! Its too ashy and doesnt work at all well with the rest of my make up.
Worth matching yourself than an artist you might find the right shade yourself!
Happy with the Medium/Dark one.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 8:28:00 PM More reviews by luckystar13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for about 6 years .. It's part of my daily makeup routine- moisturize, prime, conceal, blot powder, finish with kryolan anti- shine on t-zone....then u have the perfect canvas for whatever else u use daily but my dark blot powder is key...I won't b w/o it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/13/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Naturalbeautee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff. I havnt had a single breakout from using it and almost all makeup products break me out. Been using it for about 3 years and it does work. It doesn't provide any coverage and I have to reapply maybe every hour or so but it works. I use it with my Nars tinted moosturizer and alone. Does wonders for my super oily skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by Cayla29S

I don't mind this at all. I mean it does what it's suppose to do but I can't say I am in love with it. I know some people use a powder brush to apply this, I do too and it works fine for a few hours.

I found the best way to actually apply this is to blot it on your face just like what the product says. I only usually have to use this once in 8 hrs as long as I have a good primer and blot the oil off my face first. I apply this right after and it just completely makes it matte until I have to take my makeup of for the evening,

I'm sure there are better mattifying powders out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this powder. I didn't know it was a blot powder, I was just using it as a finishing powder since it has a small bit of color and I don't like heavy foundations to cover. It works wonderfully and does keep my skin from getting overly oily now that I think about it. Also it lasts forever. Will definitely repurchase.

Edit: I forgot to mention, I'm NW40-something (42?) and although this and the medium-dark one are close, I still prefer dark.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 5:18:00 PM More reviews by sunsetbreeze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I have gone through so many of these! I swear by this product. My skin is fairly oily and this keeps my face shine-free for HOURS.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2011 4:26:00 PM More reviews by DottySarah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NC42 MAC/ Honey in Bobbi Brown Indian Asian skin.

The sales assistant tested this on me and it did seem to do a good blot job then so i bought it. I get oily during the day and my face starts shining bright around 1pm so i either need to use 5 or 6 blotting papers or I use this powder with brush. It does a good job of blotting but also gives a "darkish" colour which is not what im looking for. If used with a light hand this is great and does keep oil away for longer than the blot papers do. Am not sure whether i will buy again or not.