January 27, 2015 | 1137 users online

Conditioner - Pureology - Hydrate Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2015 5:40:00 PM More reviews by scarmica

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the best winter conditioner. One use - in -20C temperatures - and no static in sight (usually appears as soon as I blow dry with other conditioners). I've never found one that banishes static like this. My hair is super manageable after using it - takes me no more than 5 minutes to dry and my hair just falls magically into place (it seems). I suspect it would be too heavy for summer but for our cold dry winters it is the best protection I've come across.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2015 1:27:00 AM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

As with the shampoo, I bought this because it (barely) on sale and wanted to splurge. I absolutely loved the smell, very peppermint and honestly was a factor on why I caved and bought this. However it's the peppermint that makes me not like this product. In the shower the smell is overpowering, eye watering, strong. And on my scalp is feels like I rubbed icy hot all over it and it doesn't feel good and when I wash it out it makes my back freezing cold. The smell is incredibly strong even after your hair dries, I usually can't smell my conditioner after my hair is dry unless I purposefully smell my hair but all day I've gotten strong whiff this and it's overpowering. My scalp also still has the cooling effect going on. It does make my hair soft and detangled but not soft enough to put up with the overwhelming scent and tingly effect or to justify the $60 price tag.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2014 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Dkang

I think it's a nice conditioner :)

I haven't tried it with the Hydration shampoo so may be the system ( shampoo+conditioner from the same line works better ) - I used Joico as shampoo.

I really liked the thick creamy consistency of it. It has a peppermint smell which is strong but fades when hair is dry. I liked the smell of it but over time it got overwhelming.

Also has a cooling sensation! Which is nice as well :)

It conditioned and smoothed my hair pretty well, I do recommend this product if you have dry frizzy hair

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2014 9:44:00 AM More reviews by daisylonglegs

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Frizzy tangled hair season ... It passes nut tried this and found it actually made my hair drier! Yuk!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/20/2014 2:20:00 AM More reviews by becktasm

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My absolute HG conditioner. I have shoulder length platinum blonde hair that has seen its' fair share of damage and bleach, and this stuff works wonders! I wash with the matching Pureology shampoo, apply this, and leave it in while I shave, wash, use my clarisonic, etc. It normally stays in for about five minutes and my hair loooooves it. Now to be honest about my hair: not only is it damaged, but it is very thick and very dry. This makes it so beautifully silky and hydrated! But I can definitely see it being too much for thin or undamaged/lightly damaged hair. However, for me, it's amazing! It makes my normally dried and fried hair so beautifully silky and smooth. I do pair it with a protein treatment (Nexxus Emergencee, twice a month), of course, but for moisture alone it's incredible! If your hair is damaged like mine, please try this! It's worth every penny!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2014 9:29:00 AM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG conditioner - my other favourite being Redken All Soft. The Hydrate Shampoo is quite rich, never strips my hair and works well with this, it's matching conditioner.
My hair is softer and in better condition because of it. For reference - I don't have much grey and only dye once every 3 months, if that.
When my hair was 9 inches longer (I recently cut it to just below shoulder length) Hydrate was the only line that left it in a manageable state, tangle-free and great-looking all day long. I like the fragrance (minty). I usually leave it on towel-dried hair for 20-30 minutes before rinsing. Even at a shorter length, my hair is very thick and has a lot of body -- this smooths it down a bit and leaves it less 'poofy', but doesn't interfere with my curl/wave pattern.
I've repurchased and will continue to do so. Great product!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:56:00 AM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I have mixed feelings about this conditioner, I didn't feel like it was that hydrating and the minty smell was kinda cool at first, but it got to be overwhelming sometimes. :I also, it's way overpriced in my opinion. I got it for free from a friend because her mom is a hairdresser and to be honest I wouldn't spend $30+ bucks on it. I prefer redken clear moisture for my hair type.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/17/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by KyrstyLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This conditioner was a disappointment and I say that because of the price range. It works okay like a normal average conditioner is the problem. It felt pretty good in the shower and seemed to detangle pretty easily but thats where it stopped. When my hair air dried it was poofy and frizzy and knotted!! I did not like the scent wither way to minty for me. It was like sniffing vicks vapor rub in a way...very good if you have a head cold or sinuses though itll clear that up. Ive used suave naturals conditioners that worked better for my hair type. I typically like to go for shampoos and conditioners I can use alone without adding any extra treatments afterwards like serums or leave ins. I had to wash my hair all over again with my matrix biolage hydrate shampoo and conditioning balm which is ten times better in my opinion and half the cost. Not at all please with the shampoo or conditioner...blah

rated 3 of 5 on 7/15/2014 7:23:00 PM More reviews by chloemorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this conditioner (and shampoo) so badly.. I think mostly because I wanted to justify how much I spent on it, but unfortunately it was nothing amazing. I loved the smell, but based on the reviews I expected so much more from it. I would probably repurchase if it wasn't so expensive, but at that price, it better work miracles for me. I have been bleaching the life out of my hair for a few years now and figured it was time to invest in a good shampoo/condition but I didn't see any amazing results after nearly 3 months of using it. I am still on the hunt for a miracle shampoo/conditioner that can keep up with the abuse I put my hair through!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2014 10:45:00 AM More reviews by nettywood

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this because I love the shampoo which I have always used with Paul Mitchell Colour Protect conditioner.
It was really expensive so I expected great things from it. At the very least I expected easy-to-comb, nicely conditioned hair.
It was awful. I could barely get a comb through my hair after use and when my hair was dry it felt stiff and brittle and just hung in clumps.
Now I have a nearly full 1000 ml bottle just sitting in my shower, making me feel guilty and stupid.
I am sorry but I think this conditioner is a complete con.