August 30, 2014 | 923 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Philosophy - Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 7:54:00 PM More reviews by hannah83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this body lotion (32 oz) and shower gel set for Christmas last year and they've been my staple ever since! The consistency of this lotion is just perfect - neither too heavy nor too light. It's also moisturizing enough without being greasy. My skin tends to be on the drier side, especially during the winter, and this lotion has helped my skin stay nicely moisturized :) It has a fresh, clean, pleasant, very light floral scent, which sits very well with me because I'm one who can't stand heavy scents at all. The scent kinda reminds me of baby powder. This was my first ever bottle of Philosophy and I've come to really love the Amazing Grace line. The price is quite steep for me but I find it worth the splurge as this body will last me for awhile from using it daily. I will definitely be re-purchasing when I run out! :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 12:47:00 PM More reviews by shamuball

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i don't believe this has any firming properties, but the scent actually lasts longer on my skin than the edp.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by 101i74

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok so I've read reviews here all the way back to 2009 and I'd like to make a note about the chemical scent: Yes it's lotion, and chemicals SETTLE over time. As in, while the bottle sits around, it's chemicals shift to the bottom of it. SHAKE YOUR BOTTLE. The scent will be different and the "chemical" scent gone. Not sure why no one ever thought of this.

Second, this product contains some of the same ingredients as Rodial Boob Job, there is a reviewer who discussed this a couple pages back. My friend who recommended this product has been using it on her breasts and it works very well to firm them up. That being said, I'm sure this product would work well on breasts and probably buttocks, but I just bought this yesterday so I'll have to update my review later on.

So far, the moisture holds very well, and yes it is not greasy at all. The scent is a clean one, like just just dried laundry, with a slight sweetness.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Lizzylu

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always buy this from sephora when I get a gift card because it's so expensive. this is my favourite lotion. my favourite scent. Very nice creamy consistency. Not greasy, just perfect. The scent lasts all day. I always get compliments when I wear it. The only cons are the price and the pump. The pump doesn't work very well. The trick is to unscrew it then pump.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 1:27:00 PM More reviews by kimmeekat72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the large pump bottle of this! I just love it! Myskin always feels so nice when i use it,,I think it smells great too..fresh and clean! Sometimes I have diluted it with an unscented lotion but only if its super warm out or if its before bed. I have worn AG on and off for about 10 years ( wow a long time!) Now I only buy the smallest bottle of the perfume and the largest of this lotion. The scent stays with me all day :) Beautiful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 10:06:00 AM More reviews by jdf7880

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this lotion! 6 weeks ago I broke my ankle and had surgery and now I'm in one of those walking boots. The skin around my ankle and half way up my leg was so dry I couldn't even shave. I tried and it was like the razor shredded my skin and it bled and bled. Skin was so dry that I could peel it off. Finally I can stand to touch my foot and move it around some so last night I used this lotion on it twice. It's amazing the results I got. The dry skin is completely gone this morning and the skin looks soft and moist. I just ordered the body wash and lotion for my daugher in law. I think she's going to love it as much as I do.
I will always have this in my bathroom.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2012 10:15:00 PM More reviews by heatheron7th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thoroughly surprised at all the great reviews of this. I bought it solely for the supposed firming benefits, not that I need much firming, but I figure my body skin deserves some of the same care that I lavish on my face. I didn't even notice that it has a scent worth talking about until I saw the reviews here. In any case, it's not sticky or greasy, but it doesn't moisturize all that well either. And the pump doesn't work so well. I need to pull it up after each and every time I push it down. Annoying.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by LilLexy100

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Yet again suckered into buying a Philosophy product. I LOVE the smell of Amazing Grace. So I bought this. When you apply it, it smells wonderful and leaves your body soft and fragranced. An hour later and you can't smell it at all. Grrrr. For the price, I want to layer it and smell it (albeit subtly) all day! So disappointed. I've given it three lippies as it's pretty good body moisturiser but to be honest, I could buy a Nivea body moisturiser for a quarter of the price. Disappointed by Philosophy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2011 7:36:00 PM More reviews by flauros

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

For the actual lotion itself, it's great, feels silky, absorbs quickly, and isn't too thick or thin to be used all over the body. The formula is on point.

However, I won't be purchasing again. It makes me smell like an old lady. This scent is probably not appealing to teens or young adults; it's very floral and old fashioned.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Josieang

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been using this product for about 5 years. I started with the Baby Grace body lotion but it quickly tired of it so switched to Amazing Grace. I canít attest to the firming effects of this emulsion but the scent is gorgeous and has super staying power. The scent will last from the time I go to work till I get home. Plus I like the way it rubs off on my clothing and leaves a soft scent. I only use it as day lotion because I donít find it moisturizing enough for overnight use. I love it so much that I bought the AG hand lotion for the office. The scent is slightly different from the body emulsion but it still smells great and itís very moisturizing. The limited edition Summer AG Firming Body Emulsion is great too, its like AG but with a summery twist.