July 31, 2014 | 2069 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - #521 - Fuschia w/ Blue Pearl

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

What an awesome lippy for 99 cents. This is a blue shimmer fusha. Almost like a a cross between a sheen and a matte. The color is intense but not drying like a lot of mattes tend to be. With the sheen it's a little more day friendly than Cat Fight from UD. I actually grabbed this at Walgreens when I realized I had forgotten a lipstick and I didn't want to break the bank. I wasn't expecting the surprise of how nice and wearable this is.

I did balm and use a lip lock around my lips before applying to stop any feathering. That did the trick and I got about 3 hours without eatting. (Although I did drink water and it stayed pretty well. ) It does leave a bit of a stain but it looks fine not dryed out and natty.

For the price if you just trying out a brighter color go this route first. I've read not all the colors in this line are as good but again for 99 Cents it won't break the bank to try them!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2013 3:29:00 PM More reviews by SpiderBaby13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

My favorite pink lipstick. Really like the blue "flash". Very pretty color, it's very affordable (a $1 a tube!), and easy to find. Goes on smoothly and is long-lasting. I've been using it for about 6 months.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a very fun lipstick shade. It's a cool, blue based fushia color. It also has a pearly finish to it, it's not frosted but luminous and shimmery. It is a strong color that works well with a little mascara and blush. I googled the lipstick color and chose "images" and saw people who wore it nicely with minimal makeup and those who looked like circus clowns with tons of eye makeup with it. The lipstick is highly pigmented and one swipe works best. Two swipes takes me into way too bright territory.I have very dry skin and find this and all Wet N' Wild lipsticks a tad drying. I just put on a coat or lip balm before and problem solved.
This is a surprisingly flattering color. I will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by Owluscious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really do like this color. It's a nice fuschia with a noticeable blue undertone. The brand does have a nice array of colors for a very cheap price, absolutely perfect for beginners starting to experiment with colors.

The packaging and staying power isn't great, but the pros outweigh the cons. I won't repurchase, but I will use it occasionally and definitely not for long periods of time. It starts to look cheap afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2012 1:37:00 AM More reviews by MadchenRogue

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

**a review I posted on my blog**

Why Wet n Wild do you tempt me so with your sales??? As you pretty much figured it out, I bought this lipstick along with some others while there was a sale in HEB. They had a .50 cents off coupon. Silkfinish lipsticks are the ones that costs .99 cents and are in the silver tube. The website describes these lipsticks as "Enriched with conditioning ingredients of Vitamins A & E and Aloe Vera for moist-looking lips".
Is this claim true? Yes and No. it really depends on the lipstick. They have some lippies (which I will review much later) that feel like a cross between a lipbalm and lipstick; there is nothing wrong with that. There are others that still look gorgeous, but they are frosty. Frosty lipsticks do not feel "moist" after a while.
This color is a pink with blue. A fun color for the summer or just anytime when you want a pop of color without spending 10.00 dollars You would think this color would compliment only extremely fair complected people. I will say this color will look good in just about anyone. So I'll get to the points of this lipstick.

What's to Love?
The price, the price, the price!!! Seriously at practically 60 cents you really cannot ask for anything more. This particular lipstick was quite emollient, moisturizing. The color is unique (for me) since I never owned anything like it.The kind of lipstick Barbie and JEM would wear!!!!

Wear time is about 3 hours. It did not dry my lips out at all.

I swear, Wet n Wild got GAME!!!!!!!!!

Final Thoughts???

If you want a fun color without sacrificing your budget GET THIS. If you want to experiment with colors at a budget, GET THIS. Just get it, dang!!!!! *lol*

Highly recommend 100%!!!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/15/2012 3:43:00 PM More reviews by haykitty

Thank god for this lipstick. I was looking for a dupe of NYX Black Label Orchid (a fuchsia with blue tint) since it's d/c now. NYX recommended I try the round lipstick Fusion, but it lacks the blue that I loved so much.

This WNW lipstick is almost identical, though the NYX was a little silkier.

For 0.99, I'll take it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 3:19:00 AM More reviews by mirageangelhope

This is a nice blue toned neon fuchsia with shimmers inside.This is just an awesome color however it really need the rest of your makeup to be more neutral for you not to look like a clown.I really like this lipstick if i'm wearing a tm and nothing else makes me look soo put together and healthy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2012 4:49:00 AM More reviews by turkey2083

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Awesome color and you can't beat the price. This may be my new signature color, lol.

Also, I found this while looking for dupes for MAC Rocking Chick, which I also own. I can't find any real differences in these two lippies, but for $0.99 I'll take this one any day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Would I buy this product again? Oh hellz YES!!!

I would buy it again but I probably won't have to for the next five years since I bought a ton of this color when Wet n Wild was 40% off at either Ride Aid or CVS...can't remember which one.

Fuchsia with Blue Pearl is a PERFECT name for this gorgeous lippie. The color is exactly as the name describes it, a gorgeous deep fuchsia color with blue undertones. I'm NW 15-20 in MAC so I'm pretty pale but I can pull off bright lips and his lippie is one of my all time faves. I used to work in a company where one of my male co-workers used to go bonkers every time I wore this color. Wear this one ladies when you want to be the office Femme Fatal or for when you go out on the prowl with your girl gang posse. They should change the name of this lippie to "Man Bait"....ha..ha...

If you are pale and cool toned with fairly full lips you will OBSESS on this lippie...NO JOKE!

This is lippie is very pigmented so you just need a swipe for the office and then you can really layer it on when you go out at night. Like all Wet n Wild lippies, this is a tad drying, so I layer lip balm on underneath.

Please Wet n Wild, don't EVEN THINK ABOUT DISCONTINUEING THIS ONE!

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2012 8:58:00 AM More reviews by sachiiko

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wore this on and off since the 1980's I was into new wave music, wore teal and turquoise and black and grey clothes, and a friend of mine told me she met someone in a club bathroom (Pyramid? the World? Limelite?) who told her about Wet and Wild 521....... I still wear it, but mixed with lip balm or gloss. Nice texture, beautiful color, unbeatable price, this is a classic.