Redken Hair Cleansing Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Saccharum Officinarum (Sugar Cane) Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citrus Limonum (Lemon) Fruit Extract, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract

on 7/3/2015 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

My hair: long, thick, straight, a whole lot of it. I have enough hair for two or three maybe four people. Its crazy.
This stuff is a G-d send. Amazing. So glad it was recommended to me by the hair care board here. I have hard water in my rental and it was making my hair dry and scalp itchy to the point where i was getting dandruff. I tried moisturizing shampoos but they either broke me out or made my hair too oily. I tried other cleansing shampoos and dandruff shampoos but they wouldnt do the job. I use this and it leaves my hair and scalp feeling clean, soft, and i have no dandruff!

on 6/22/2015 9:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Understandable how this can be a love it or hate it product. Because it does exactly what it advertises: it strips. I love it

It is not for the fainthearted. So learn to shampoo without tangling bc once this product is on, your hair can't be manipulated. My advice: part hair down the middle before getting in the shower. Apply down center part and drag your fingers through from underneath to spread it through your hair. Pretend you're finger combing the product from the scalp outward. Rinse Well.

My hair has a gloss I haven't seen since my last cellophane.

I deducted a lippie bc it strips so well you'll need a pound of conditioner to move your hair around.

Powerful.

on 6/6/2015 8:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the worst shampoo I have ever used. It made my scalp extremely dry and itchy and it dried out my thick, curly hair and made it feel like straw. I used it twice, two weeks apart It's now been a month since I last used it and my hair still isn't back to normal. I have thick, protein sensitive hair. Unfortunately, although I am extremely careful about avoiding protein in my conditioners, I didn't read the ingredients of this product before I used it because it was recommended to me by a stylist who knew my hair is very protein sensitive. It contains extremely drying sodium chloride (salt) and is high in proteins. This is hands down the most damaging product I have ever used. If your hair is dry or protein sensitive don't use this product. I used it twice and threw it in the garbage.

on 4/22/2015 8:53:00 PM

My hair is plentiful, fine, porous, dry and damaged. So hair styling products build up really quickly on it. I use Neutrogena ant-residue shampoo once a week, so I bought this to use every other day to remove product buildup more gently. It does the job well, but I don't think it is gentler than the Neutrogena. So since it is a lot pricier ($19 for 10.1 oz versus $6 for 6 oz), I would buy it again but only if it was on sale.

Absolutely amazing. This blasts though any grime and build up that feels stuck on the hair. Normal shampoo will not work, but this magical potion will! My hair always comes out looking flawless and still moisturized. I will never stop using this. if you feel like your hair products are not working anymore suddenly you should give this a go! Highly recommend!

on 2/26/2015 5:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been intending to buy this product for awhile but I prefer travel sizes so I can test it out. This specific shampoo does not come in travel size so I kept putting off buying it.

Today I got my hair cut and the lady uses this product on her clients so I was beyond stoked. Sure enough, my hair and scalp feels squeaky clean and smells great! It's nourishing for my dry, wavy hair which helps reduce frizz once it dries.

I highly recommend this for all hair types.

on 2/12/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Cool

I love this stuff. I live in London and the hard water leaves my hair a bit flat after a while. I've also started using more product and feel my hair is looking a bit meh. A wash with this stuff and my hair is voluminous and soft. I use it probably every couple weeks (I wash my hair 2x/week normally) and the bottle has lasted me ages. Would definitely re-buy once this runs out. It smells lovely, has a nice texture, is long lasting and isn't harsh.

For reference I have v thick, medium length black wavy hair.

on 2/12/2015 12:39:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have walked right past this shampoo time and time again without even giving it a second thought. Due to cleansing cream in the name I assumed it was something along the lines of a cleansing conditioner which is something I've never had good results with. Upon learning that Hair Cleansing Cream is in fact a clarifying shampoo I still didn't give it a second thought. I never thought I needed a clarifying shampoo. My hair is long, thick, and wavy. It is also colored, heat damaged, with dry split ends. I figured clarifying shampoo would strip my hair of moisture it doesn't even have and just lead to worse damage and more frizz. I was wrong. I decided to give this cleansing cream a try after it dawned on me that maybe one of the reasons my hair was so dull looking was product build up. When I found out this shampoo is also meant to remove hard water build up I was sold. After the first use my hair was transformed! It removed build up I didn't even realize was there. My hair is bouncy, shiny, and my blowouts now last at least 3 days. Hair Cleansing Cream has a citrusy grapefruit scent that I personally am not very fond of, it doesn't smell bad by any means, just not a scent I love. It creates nice thick lather and rinses very easily. I do follow it with either a moisture mask or a protein treatment, depending on what my hair needs most at the moment. And I don't find the shampoo to be too drying. I only use it every 2 weeks or so, roughly every 5-6 shampoos, as I do think it would be way too drying on my hair to use more often. Another thing to note is that I don't notice any hair color bleeding after use, one reason I was hesitant to try it is I was afraid it would leach color from my hair. But it doesn't! If you live in an area with hard water, you NEED this shampoo. If you use lots of styling products that can build up, you NEED this shampoo. Seriously. Will I buy it again? Without a doubt!

on 1/6/2015 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Truly the best clarifying shampoo on the market. Hair Cleansing Cream has a refreshing grapefruit scent, an incredibly rich lather, and it leaves hair bouncy and squeaky clean without stripping or harming color-treated hair. Depending on your hair regimen and type, this can be used daily, weekly, or even less - whenever your hair needs a thorough cleaning. I love using this before protein treatments; since the products I use don't build up, I use this every two to three weeks.

on 12/20/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my new favorite shampoo. I have fine straight hair cut in a chin-length bob, and I have a lot of trouble with my hair being flat and weighed down. I use this shampoo twice a week, and it gets my hair so clean that it is wonderfully bouncy afterwards. I do find that this shampoo cleans so deeply that I definitely need some conditioning afterwards. I follow this with Nexxus Therappe shampoo for a more conditioning cleansing; then I use a bit of spray-on conditioner (my favorite is Brocato Swell Volume Leave-In Volumizing Conditioner) after I get out of the shower. This shampoo smells great too. I don't think I've loved any shampoo as much as I love this one.

Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Glucoside, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Chloride, Glycol Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Phenoxyethanol, PPG 5 Ceteth 20, Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate, Limonene, Methylparaben, Citric Acid, DMDM Hydantoin, Stearic Acid, Sugar Cane Extract, Amino Methyl Propanol, Hexylcinnamal, Linalool, Wheat Amino Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Butylphenyl Methlyproprional, Lemon Fruit Extract, Apple Fruit Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract continued >>