November 22, 2014 | 1953 users online

Shampoo - Redken - Hair Cleansing Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2014 5:35:00 AM More reviews by cocoacloud

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

If I had to use just one hair product for the rest of my life, this would be it. I have always had an itchy, oily scalp that could not go a day without washing.. by the second day my scalp will start secreting sebum (sorry so gross!) and my hair will somehow be limp and oily yet dehydrated at the same time. My hair strands are very thick and straight and so it has a tendency to become rough at the ends. I've always tried to incorporate some kind of clarifying ritual into my hair including using apple cider vinegar as a rinse.. I even went all out and did the "no poo" thing for a while.. but it never really worked that well. So ever since I bought this hair cleansing cream (about a month ago now) my hair has been so HEALTHY and HAPPY! :D Yay! I can actually make it up to day 3 now and my strands are now full of volume, grease-free and shiny! Oh so shiny. I'll be repurchasing for the rest of my life. I just can't get over how detox-ed this makes my hair feel, and because it is so free of build-up/residue, my hair absorbs conditioner better. Thank you redken!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by yum_yum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this stuff. Great clarifying shampoo for my dry, thick and coarse hair. Hair was lovely and soft with this followed by Pureology Hydrate conditioner. I didn't find it too drying or harsh -- and you only need a bit to get the job done.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 11:37:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this shampoo! If you have thin, oily hair then this is most certainly for you. I only wash my hair twice a week and I'll use this every third wash. I was using Herbal Essences Naked Mint Clarifying Shampoo and while that was ok I needed something new for my freshly color treated hair. This leaves my hair soft, manageable, shiny and completely oil free which really aids in extending the amount of time I can go without washing. I always follow up any Clarifying Shampoo with a deep conditioning mask even though I have thin hair that gets weighed down easily. That's my only rule: if you have thin hair that gets oily easily only use a deep hair mask after a Clarify and NEVER after a gentle shampoo. Redken's All Soft Heavy Cream Super Treatment is a perfect follow up to this. While I paid $18 for the little bottle at my local beauty supply store I was told after my first bottle runs out that I can bring it in and get half off of my next bottle. And since I only use this shampoo after every third wash while only washing my hair twice a week this should last me a good amount of time. Will repurchase for sure!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by juliaesands

This is a splendid shampoo. I use it once a week when I've been using more product in my hair than usual and it completely cleans my hair without stripping it (which is a cliché but my hair has never been softer...ever). The cost is about $15 and though it's steep, for an infrequently used shampoo which leaves me with such soft, conditioned and manageable hair, it's worth it to me.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 3:41:00 PM More reviews by 4ever29

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So I couldnt find my true love "Joico - K-PAK Chelating Shampoo". I thought OK, I'll get this, such amazing reviews it should be the same. Ummm...in no way does this perform the same way. I dont know what magic is in the Joico stuff, which gets all the hard water deposits outta my hair and instantly becomes soft and managable and my uber dry, wiry, kninky colored hair looks like a model after I use the Joico.
The Redken just stripped my hair dry and made it into the biggest brillo pad you have ever imagined. I usually co-wash and do a clarify before I get my grays covered once a month.
So I stuck with this for several months, well because I couldnt find my Joico. Well each time just horrible!! I searched the ends of the earth for the Joico (amazon really ;]) Washed, used one of my two holy grail conditioners..".Enjoy" or AG Smooth Sleeek Argan Conditioner.
So long story if you ever wondered between the two, hands down the Joico. BTW, it is the only Joico product I love.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by bflytilidy

This shriveled up some of my strands and broke them off (like when you use too harsh bleach or something). Horrible product and I would love my money back, but can't find my receipt. STAY FAR, FAR AWAY!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a creamy shampoo that will pull all the gunk out of your hair without weighing you down or over drying. I like to use this after using sticky products like hairspray and water wax. It's also great for after the beach when your hair has been exposed to the sun, salt, and sand. It clarifies and softens the hair.

The lather is thick and creamy. The smell is subtle, slightly citrus-y, very pleasant and not overwhelming.

Follow up after this shampoo with a thorough rinse and your favorite lightweight conditioner and your hair will thank you! It leaves your hair silky soft, smelling nice and clean, and bouncy. The price isn't amazing, but use your drugstore salon product sales and coupons the right way and you can get it for a steal.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2014 12:35:00 PM More reviews by lime2000

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is the most amazing hair product I've ever purchased! The scent is amazing- sort of citrus but clean smelling. After using it my hair was noticeably shinier. My hair is grossly course, but this softened it, giving it a silky touch. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 11:05:00 AM More reviews by thestyleduckling

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product was a miracle God-send. I moved from a place with fairly neutral water to somewhere that I couldn't even DRINK the water. At first I didn't know what was happening- the hard water took a little bit to ruin my hair. But after a month and a half I was to the point that I couldn't even wear it down anymore. I was wearing a bun or braid pretty much 24/7. I had tried oils, creams, gels, mousses- nothing was working. I just started googling the different hair symptoms I was experiencing, and discovered that hard water was the problem. I immediately started doing research because my hair is the double whammy of curls- thick and dry. I didn't want anything too stripping, but I knew it had to be intense enough to remove two months of buildup (and all the products I'd be applying to try and remedy it already)

This did the trick in one single wash. Even my boyfriend commented how much different my hair looked. The bounce, shine, and body was back, and my curls were more better than ever. It wasn't drying (although I did use a moisturizing mask afterward) I'm planning to use this once a week (I rarely shampoo my hair more than 3x a week, and it's usually only 2x a week) to keep things looking fresh. I would recommend this product to anyone who has been living with buildup for a while, because you hair WILL thank you.

Disclaimer- I tested how my hair looks when straightened yet. I can't imagine it's any worse than the straw like, dull, and frizzy mess it was before though.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by Kiwiblue

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Amazing. Cleans perfectly without stripping all life from your hair. Leaves hair totally clean, squeaky but not dry. I use once a week or so when my hairs feels in need of a good clean. Love this paired with Redken colour extend magnetics conditioner. Have repurchased many times.