February 27, 2015 | 2041 users online

Cleansers - Philosophy - Purity Made Simple (Real Purity Cleanser)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2015 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Tabcourt

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Gets all my makeup off gently and that's all I need from a cleanser. So gentle you can get it in your eyes and it doesn't hurt at all. I used a neutrogena wipe afterward to see how much makeup was left behind and there was no residue. If I'm lazy I'll use just the wipe, but washing my face is better overall. Have to moisturize afterward, but I need to do that no matter what I use.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2015 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Civies

My favourite cleanser for now, but I'm still looking to find something better because this isn't my holy grail. It's a great cleanser and it does what it's suppose to but I don't find it amazing. I like the scent of it and I've gone through two bottles now and I have 2 as backup that I purchased on sale so I'll probably still continue to use it. It has a nice scent and I love the texture.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2015 10:50:00 AM More reviews by xpgr1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is probably my favorite cleanser that I've come across (so far) that isn't a cleansing oil. I have severely dry, sensitive skin due to chronic illness and can't use a lot of products due to the fact they cause severe reactions. This is one of the few cleansers that causes no stinging, burning, rashes, dryness, or rashes. On top of that, it gets rid of makeup really well. You do have to work for a little bit at mascara and I think you'd have to work even longer at waterproof mascara, but it gets it completely off. It leaves your skin feeling clean without feeling stripped. There is not a lot of lather to this product, if any, but it's a myth that lather is necessary for cleansing so that doesn't matter. I would recommend it to all skin types, but especially those with sensitive skin. Take it from me, I have the type of skin where sometimes water burns when my dry patches get too bad. This is awesome and until I find something better, I'll keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2015 10:11:00 PM More reviews by florats

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, I would buy this again. With combo skin, I have this in my shower and on my bathroom sink. If you don't have a lot of a makeup on a quick wash is fine. If I want a deeper clean due to more makeup, I'lll let it sit on the face for the full 30 to 60 seconds. A salesperson also suggested using to wash your makeup brushes--it works! Best price is at QVC (although why QVC won't just give you free shipping like everyone else is beyond me!)

rated 1 of 5 on 2/21/2015 8:04:00 PM More reviews by sheff803

This product was the worst for my skin. To me, the name "Purity" implies that the product should be simple and a good option for sensitive skin. I have sensitive skin, that responds negatively to artificial fragrance. I was excited, because I saw that this was fragrance-free. I used this product for the first time at night and immediately my skin became red and irritated. It felt uncomfortable for about an hour after washing it. I woke up the next morning and my skin looked so drab and unhealthy. I tried it two more times after that with the same results. Although, the name implies purity, I think this product is far from it. Needless to say, it went back to Sephora.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2015 7:31:00 PM More reviews by beautyguru1011

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have had acne for ever and tried a lot of products in the past past, but when I tried this my skin immediately looked ten times better by morning! I highly recommend this product!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2015 8:49:00 PM More reviews by danibennett97

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the reviewer below me, I can not for the life of me figure out why people like this stuff. I do hate one other worse the neutrogena but that's because of the loud smell. This does not make my face feel clean even using it with my clarisonic. I totally dislike everything about it so thankfully I have a free sample bottle and didn't pay for it.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/16/2015 1:14:00 PM More reviews by vgbluefire

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I do not understand what the hype is. I do not like anything about this cleanser; not the smell, not the texture, not the way it feels in my skin, and definitely not the way it performs. It is so light and watery, there is hardly anything to massage over my skin to cleanse. Is it because it "melts" into skin? Well, I don't care for this - I'd rather it just sit on my skin. It actually has an irritating or stinging sensation - slight, but definitely there. Plus, every time i rinse my face, some seeps or gets into my mouth, it leaves this horrible yucky taste that takes forever to go away. Other cleanses do not do that. It's not like I leave my mouth open while rinsing, so I don't get how I always end up getting a taste of it. I cannot remember hating a product so much. If I could, I would give this product zero stars. I cringe every time I use it, trying to use it up. Overpriced, useless, product.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2015 8:55:00 PM More reviews by poojad614

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This cleanser is great for removing makeup! I don't like to use this as an everyday cleanser because it breaks me out. I only use this when I wear makeup; I take off makeup with makeup remover wipes, then use this to take off makeup thats deep in my skin, and then I go in with another cleanser to actually cleanse my skin. It smells great and it is a little pricey but it works wonderful in removing makeup!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2015 1:13:00 PM More reviews by viridiann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have very sensitive eyes, and I have tried SO MANY cleansers and they all made me cry, so I always come back to this one. Its great for people with very sensitive eyes like me, its the best at removing makeup, and its 3 in 1, which means its a makeup remover, face wash and toner all in one product, that's why many people say they felt their skin a little dry, because you don't need toner with this product, its really really good as a product! Ohh and one 8 oz bottle last almost 5 months! I tried the Purpose face wash and its good but I felt like it didnt clean deep, and it didn't remove my makeup at all. I tried the Olay cleanser and it made me cry A LOT! The only thing I don't like about the Purity is the packaging, is not great for traveling, but other than that I love it.