January 27, 2015 | 1443 users online

Moisturizers - Alpha Hydrox - Enhanced Lotion - 10% AHA

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2015 8:05:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

This is good stuff. It really helps smooth and brighten my skin. This is my second go with this product, and I've found I can avoid the drawbacks I experienced the first time around (some flaking, irritation and especially milia) if I:
- Take breaks- use every other night or /alternate with jojoba oil, which is only one ingredient and least likely to clog or cause irritation on nights off
- Don't use a face brush for cleansing --use either fingertips or a soft washcloth in order to avoid aggressive sloughing that can cause irritation or overstimulate oil production (read:milia)
- Apply 2 or more hours after cleansing to avoid irritation/stinging
- Avoid applying at the corners of nose and eyes, where it can collect and over- exfoliate

I found this at drugstore.com. It's a little hard to find in my area otherwise. The price ($10) is outstanding for a product of this type. It's not over fragranced, either (the glycolic acid smells faintly like Elmer's glue, but does not linger for long).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2015 6:40:00 AM More reviews by Abbieness

I bought this because I couldn't get my HG MD Forte cleanser anymore. And I read MUA reviews that were positive. This is a great value. I can only use this once a week otherwise my skin gets too dry. I apply at night for overnight, then use washcloth in the shower to remove, and voila, no more dull skin. AHA and use of sunscreen seem to be helping fade spots for me though it has taken years for it to be noticeable - just be patient if this is your goal, it will work over time

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by purplerose95

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I luckily found this at Winner's for $10, I don't think it's sold elsewhere in Canada. This lotion is a holy grail product! One of the best things about this product is that it's 6 oz for $10 only! It doesn't break me out either. I use the AHA lotion on my face, neck, and occasionally on my feet and hands. When I apply the AHA lotion on my face once a week, the next day I notice my acne scars have slightly faded, and my overall face looks brighter and softer. When I apply this lotion, I leave it on for twenty minutes before applying another product on top of it. The reason is I don't want to interrupt it's pH of 4. AHAs allow your other skin products to penetrate better and deeper into the layers of skin. AHAs are helpful in fading a tan so I've been using it on my neck twice a week which is a bit darker from sun damage. Make sure to wear sunscreen when you use this lotion, AHAs increase sun sensitivity and it even says so on the label. Actually, wear sunscreen whenever you're out. You will not see benefits from this lotion or your skin care regimen if you don't wear sunscreen.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by Sunegulf

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

My HG treatment for glowing skin. Apply at night and under moisturizer in the AM and my skin does just fine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by dv_27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I am one of the unfortunate lot this product didn't work for, this gave a very bad horrible reaction, red bumps, itchy skin( insert some cursing here) Never reacted to anything like this before...my skin has gotten very sensitive lately. I learnt a very valuable lesson after using this product, never mess with a good thing! Waiting for all effing mess to clear up...AHA is defenetly out for me!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by serendipity764

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing. Along with my 0.025% tretinoin prescription every night, using this 4/7 days of the week, and 10% benzoyl peroxide every day, my acne that has been resistant to all other treatments is almost gone! I have been battling moderate acne for a year now, with huge inflamed painful pustules and whiteheads. Even with foundation, the texture of my bumpy skin would show through and my self confidence took a hit. Now my skin is smoother and I only have one pustule. My severe post inflammatory acne marks/hyperpigmentation is also almost gone after just 1 month. Amazing and so cheap! Don't waste your money on other products with snazzy marketing and fancy bottles. This actually works.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2014 12:36:00 PM More reviews by MiaGator

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow, new Holy Grail. I completely second everything KellyCrash says below. My skin has always been very oily, has a few minor pimples every now & then. My main desires are to have more even-toned skin that loks poreless and refined. Enter this Enhanced Lotion. I should say I was skeptical about this brand since AHA Souffle was an unmitigated disaster for me and clogged every pore I had. Thankfully, this has none of those effects.

Upon first use, I woke up feeling like the surface of my skin was flatter--almost like what you think dermaplaning would do. I had done a RevLite laser treatment to target some leftover (brown) hyperpigmentation on my jawline and cheeks, and I was told the spots would get worse before they got better. They had risen to the surface and were an angry brown, which required some creative concealer camouflage that week in order to be presentable. Every morning that week, they'd be marginally better, but no big improvements.

The morning after I had slept in this then washed my face, the spots were HUGELY improved and drastically lighter. Cell turnover had been super fast. Pores looked smaller. Overall I seemed less oily, but not like I was dried out. Time will tell if it works on reducing any stubborn hyperpigmentation I have. After the dark spots from laser treatment wore off, I'm still left with some lighter residual spots. Time will also tell if this can help the fine line that's trying to get a foothold to the left of my mouth.

But overall, amazing results and literally overnight. I use this under a sunscreen during the day and under a moisturizer at night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by KellyCrash

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a HG for me. It's like the fountain of youth in a bottle!! Every time I use it at night it seems like in the morning I wake up with amazing skin and I look so refreshed. It evens out any uneven skintones, helps minimize pores & of course helps with any lines.

I slack sometimes and don't use it because I don't particularly like the smell or the itchy tinglyness that it gives me. It doesn't last long and it's only a tiny bit bothersome. I was taking a break from it recently and came back to it. I don't know why I ever took a break! The PROS far outweigh the CONS here. I notice a difference overnight after using this product. Nothing else I have ever used worked that fast. I usually only use it at night, but recently have been using it AM and PM and it's making my skin amazing. You can use a moisturizer after applying, but I don't usually right now.

Admittedly I don't have a lot of skin issues to start with, but enlarged pores and uneven skin tone are issues along with some fine lines under the eyes. This helps with it all!

This is hard to find. I picked it up at Ocean State Job Lot for a very good price. I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it there again. I had used this years ago and loved it. I have been looking for something similar in other products, but nothing else compares!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 3:10:00 PM More reviews by jdvancza

Solid choice for AHA lotion. No breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2014 1:56:00 PM More reviews by Mittenzzs

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Decided to try this because ever since a horrible breakout I've been cursed with not only marks left behind but recurring breakouts in the same area. I've tried BHA's before and they didn't really do anything for my skin, so I decided to take a chance on this because I'd heard great stuff about AHA. The application feels nice, but I had expected some stinging because that's what others had said and yet I had none...so I feel like this has no effect on my skin whatsoever? It's only been 2 days though, so I'll put an updated review after about a week. This is just my first impression. Really hoping this product will work because I've heard so many good things about it.